HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Top 20

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2005, 12:22 PM
  #51
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz
What I'd like to know is why are the stats so outdated on the player bio's?

Cause I haven't done them. They have to be done with tables and I suck at tables. I had hoped to work on them saturday night but things came up. I'll try and finish them this week as it looks like I finally have some time off from work.

montreal is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
  #52
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
How do you know the Habs didn't think Chipchura was the best player?

There's no Phaneuf at any spot from what I've seen and read. I don't know who will be on board when we pick, but with the quality of this draft if it happens, we should land something very good hopefully.
Well even you were not sold on Chip after the draft. For a lot of posters, he was not the BPA at the moment of the draft.

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
  #53
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
I think that the Habs will go for a D man in the first round. The BPA was proven wrong last year as we all agree now, that the Habs drafted for needs (Big 2-way Center) iso going for high risk high reward type of prospect.
I think with Chipchura the habs DID take the best player available. As Gainey said on draft day he was the highest player on their list available. Also you have to remember that at mid season last year many scouts had Chipchura as the highest ranking North Americian skater. With his injury many scouts dropped him down a few spots, but I gotta believe alot of others still had him rated very high. Even the CSB had him at #4 for N.A. skaters on draft day.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
  #54
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Well even you were not sold on Chip after the draft. For a lot of posters, he was not the BPA at the moment of the draft.
Yea but posters don't count in the real world. We can't even come close to scouting hundreds of players from say 20+ different leagues, as the pro scouts have been watching these kids for years.

montreal is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 04:12 PM
  #55
NWT Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
How do you know the Habs didn't think Chipchura was the best player?

There's no Phaneuf at any spot from what I've seen and read. I don't know who will be on board when we pick, but with the quality of this draft if it happens, we should land something very good hopefully.
I agree Dan, the Habs had this guy's name sewn into the jersey...so they wanted him. Given how he seemed to perform from the summer Development Camp up to when he was injured, this guy is a keeper.

As for all the possibilities with this next draft...I really think the Habs will have a good chance at landing a talented forward with size in the first round, as there seem to be an abundance of them for this upcoming draft. None of the Dmen outside of Jack Johnson seem to have the complete package yet, and there are a few goalies projected to go early that I hope the Habs steer clear of (I just hope they use that pick on a skater not a goalie). After the first round, let's hope we stock up on a few good offensive defencemen.


Last edited by NWT Habs Fan: 01-10-2005 at 04:28 PM.
NWT Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 04:27 PM
  #56
NWT Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I think with Chipchura the habs DID take the best player available. As Gainey said on draft day he was the highest player on their list available. Also you have to remember that at mid season last year many scouts had Chipchura as the highest ranking North Americian skater. With his injury many scouts dropped him down a few spots, but I gotta believe alot of others still had him rated very high. Even the CSB had him at #4 for N.A. skaters on draft day.
I think injuries during draft years leave some GM's kicking themselves afterwards, especially if a player was keeping it quiet and playing through a nagging injury.

A guy can always work on his shot or power skating to get a faster first step, but you just can't teach work ethic and hockey sense.

NWT Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 09:39 PM
  #57
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
They were, I'm looking forward to some more. Let me know when the next game is on. I taped Cornell play Boston College (good game) and I'll be taping Cornell play Clarkson in two weeks. Plus I got a London game with Perry in it as well.
This Friday and Saturday (14th and 15th) vs. San Diego and Victoria.

And I have the December 10th game vs Greenville tape as well.

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 12:08 AM
  #58
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
This Friday and Saturday (14th and 15th) vs. San Diego and Victoria.

And I have the December 10th game vs Greenville tape as well.

Sounds good, although I hope Shasby is back from injury.

montreal is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 12:38 AM
  #59
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
I just want to thank Montreal (the poster) for all of his on-going efforts in keeping track of all of these guys. It probably takes more time than I can imagine, and I appreciate his, and all of the other HF staff's efforts.

Habbadasher is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 04:38 AM
  #60
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 24,279
vCash: 915
nice read , i was wondering if you saw old Habs pick Eric Himelfarb .. he seem to produce this year in the AHL

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...3?pid=00050240

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
01-11-2005, 06:40 AM
  #61
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Yea but posters don't count in the real world. We can't even come close to scouting hundreds of players from say 20+ different leagues, as the pro scouts have been watching these kids for years.
Ha. So the Habs were right and we were wrong we they picked Chouinard iso Gagne?

You seem to know your stuff and I would trust your judgement in the real world. All those pro-scouts missed Bergeron by the way.

Question, was Schrempt rated higher than Chip? Accourding to the Hockey News and CBS?

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 08:32 AM
  #62
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Ha. So the Habs were right and we were wrong we they picked Chouinard iso Gagne?

You seem to know your stuff and I would trust your judgement in the real world. All those pro-scouts missed Bergeron by the way.

Question, was Schrempt rated higher than Chip? Accourding to the Hockey News and CBS?
yes , but i am sure that lot of fans also missed bergeron ...

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 08:50 AM
  #63
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
yes , but i am sure that lot of fans also missed bergeron ...
Yep! That is what I am saying. I reallt think that a few posters here could be good scouts. Just by reading stuff from this board, I could draft players for a NHL team and I would not be as bad or as good as any other pro scouts. Montreal (the poster) knows its stuff. How hard is it anyway? You take McKeen, Red Line report or ISS and you make your draft. If you fail, you just blame someone else.

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 11:59 AM
  #64
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Ha. So the Habs were right and we were wrong we they picked Chouinard iso Gagne?

You seem to know your stuff and I would trust your judgement in the real world. All those pro-scouts missed Bergeron by the way.

Question, was Schrempt rated higher than Chip? Accourding to the Hockey News and CBS?


Well there's a lot of luck in involved as well. Same thing goes for the stock market. I could throw darts at wall of stock charts and some of them will end up making money, most won't. (this was an actual experiment that was used back in the late 80's/early 90's)

As for Bergeron, if it was me, I wouldn't have picked him. I honestly wasn't that impressed with him when he was with Bathurst. Chipchura I believe was rated higher then Schremp by CSB, I don't think I've ever read the Hockey news.

I personally try not to read too many reports, and when possible try to make my own opinions. I really don't like CSB and think of them as more of a joke. You'd be shock to know how few scouts they employ. (I forget the actual number but I recall it was very low, makes me wonder how they scout so many guys)

montreal is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 12:27 PM
  #65
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Question, was Schrempt rated higher than Chip? Accourding to the Hockey News and CBS?

Chipchura was ranked #4 for N.A,. skaters by CBS, Schremp was ranked #10

The Hockey News had Chipchura ranked #18, with Schremp #20

Darz is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 01:09 PM
  #66
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Chipchura was ranked #4 for N.A,. skaters by CBS, Schremp was ranked #10

The Hockey News had Chipchura ranked #18, with Schremp #20
Cool, thanks!

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.