HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Likely Dealt players at Deadline (The Deadline / Proposal Thread)

Old
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
btw, yes, i was only comparing point production on the Cherepanov-Staal comparison...not playing style. Semin is a pretty decent comparison....but i think he would be more of a playmaker than semin, and less of a goal scorer. kid had excellent vision.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
PASS! The guy can barely play hockey.
Hes big and fast, its not the worst option. Hes a ufa at seasons end.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 03:50 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI Ranger View Post
Hes big and fast, its not the worst option. Hes a ufa at seasons end.
While that is very true I would rather sell than buy. He wouldnt help the scoring problems and he isnt a part of the future of this team. he serves a role but on this team he would be another 3rd/4th liner.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
While that is very true I would rather sell than buy. He wouldnt help the scoring problems and he isnt a part of the future of this team. he serves a role but on this team he would be another 3rd/4th liner.
It really doesnt matter at this point for scoring, your not going to get a player thats gonna re-amp our offense (unless kovy) at the trade deadline. While I agree theres a glut of 3rd liners we need more energy and grinders who are willing to go to the dirty areas.

Old
01-27-2010, 04:00 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
It really doesnt matter at this point for scoring, your not going to get a player thats gonna re-amp our offense (unless kovy) at the trade deadline. While I agree theres a glut of 3rd liners we need more energy and grinders who are willing to go to the dirty areas.
Yeah but Artyukhin is a penalty-taking machine. I agree they need some players with size who can intimidate and forecheck well but I dont think he is the answer.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I might be the rare guy saying this, but I'm not in for selling/trading Prospal or anyone other than Higgins, Redden, Kotalik, or Rozsival. Is that even considered "selling"? lol I mean, it's not like we're giving up much talent.

Last edited by Florida Ranger: 01-27-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
Yeah but Artyukhin is a penalty-taking machine. I agree they need some players with size who can intimidate and forecheck well but I dont think he is the answer.
Yea, Im curious what his gameplan is... I wish Slats would talk to the media more.

Old
01-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Yea, Im curious what his gameplan is... I wish Slats would talk to the media more.
heres the thing...i have no problem with Sather not addressing the media. People always whine about it, but there are basically 2 schools of thought.

Either, your GM is going to be an idiot, talk/leak stuff to the press, and cause problems (Red Sox with Teixeira and A-Rod), or your GM will be smart and talk to the press, but not really say anything, IE Brian Cashman who is the only person I know who can talk for 2 hours on a subject and not actually say anything about it. Sather is basically doing the smart thing. He's not talking about the team. That's the right way to do it. Even if he gave a courtesy conversation with the press, if he was smart, he wouldnt divulge anything anyway. Hell, take Brian Burke for example, he basically screwed his return on Antropov, who what, scored like 20+ goals at the time he was traded? by saying something along the lines of, no gm in the world will give up a first for Antropov to the press. Congrats Burke, youve just ensured nobody does it.

I dont want my GM speaking to the press, and in that aspect, i applaud Sather. In trades, I applaud sather. In drafting, I applaud sather.

Unfortunately he is the single worst GM, probably in any sport, when it comes to unrestricted free agency.

Old
01-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Ace2008

Dream Roster for 2009-2010 post olympics

Although many trades seem a way of packaging junk to net diamonds

most of my proposed trades are sideways trades like the Korpikoski for Lisin trade that took place earlier in the season, with 1 major exception of a Backes trade.

All of these trades are for both the now and the contracts will still fit under a 50 m cap next year(although might need to be refitted for 2012)

Dustin Penner(4.25)-Dubinsky-Gaborik (total-13.5 approx)

Avery-Drury-Backes(2.5m) 11.5 total

Lisin-Anisimov-Artukhin(1m) 2.4 m for 2010 probably 3m for 2011

Torres(2.25)- G.Campbell(750k )-Callahan approx 5.4m

Weise--Grachev--Parenteau (Spares)

Staal---Gilroy (2.3) Say that Staal gets a 2 yr x1.4m deal like Jack J

DelZotto-Matt Greene(2.9m) 4.2 m total

Phaneuf/Bryan Allen--Sanguinetti(4.2 or 7.7) m

D.Stepan_+Prospal+ Brashear(equal cap hit) +4th rd Pick+ condt'l 1st rounder after NYR resign David Backes
Stepan has very good chance of being the next B.Boyes type of guy.

Voros + 5th rd pk for Artukhin basically an even swap-good for ducks
as they only played Artukhin about 350-400minutes as a Duck and he now gets them a 2 for 1 swap coming back.

Kotalik+ Byers for G.Campbell + Kreps(Campbell is a Mini-Dubinsky)
NYR uses up 1m of cap cushion here
Higgins+ Girardi+Chad Johnson+2010 1st rounder for Phaneuf
Kreps+M.Sauer+Christensen +2nd rounder for M.Greene +1 m cap

Rismiller+Rozival= D.Penner 750k in cap savings
Mcdonagh= Raffi Torres(here NYR gains a 2.25 m cap hit on the yr)

Obviously Redden sits in AHL until playoffs to save cap space

and if Phaneuf Deal doesn't go through then instead of asking for Kreps and Campbell NYR goes after Campbell and B.Allen instead

Allen is a great hitter but his value is at an all time low coming off knee surgery and a major slowdown in both his hitting streak and his footspeed.

The Redden issue will come to a close when the cap drops next summer by about 10% which will hugely impact both current salaries and future contracts.

I like the depth chart as a gritty team that can throw out 2 hard hitting physical lines and 2 hard hitting physical Defensive pairings as well as having some nice skill from the 3rd and 4th lines while still maintaining some quality depth from the youth

like Kundratek, Sanguinetti, Grachev, Kreider, etc...

yes alot of picks and prospects are being swapped out...but after 4 years of mediocrity its time to make a stand

the power forwards like Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Grachev that have played in the NHL are staying and the future of the blueline like Staal, Gilroy, Del Zotto, and Sanguinetti are here as well.

is it impossible to do..No

but the Backes deal is really the key.
And if the cap does collapse then Torres might have to be a rental but other than that all of the players are keepers and there are at least 8 quality pieces in the pipeline for callups at all positions.

Granted at some point they need to start looking for somebody that can let Henrik Lundqvist rest more.

Thoughts...?

Last edited by Ace2008: 01-27-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

thats your dream roster? i mean....really, thats the absolute best roster you think we could have? I did a post elsewhere on what I would do, theres a similar thread whcih im sure the mods will merge this to where you can see what other ppl have done...

Old
01-27-2010, 04:16 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
What would it take it get Evgeny Artyukhin?
Works for me. I loves me some R2. Dude can motor and hits like a Mack truck. Will drop them with anybody, even though he keeps the bucket on his head. Arty on the 3rd or 4th line is what this teams needs.

Then if we can get our hands on SOB for 2nd pair D this team will be in decent shape snarl-wise.

If we could also get out hands on Backes (settle for Jansens in place of Voros) this team would be a ***** to play against next year.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
heres the thing...i have no problem with Sather not addressing the media. People always whine about it, but there are basically 2 schools of thought.

Either, your GM is going to be an idiot, talk/leak stuff to the press, and cause problems (Red Sox with Teixeira and A-Rod), or your GM will be smart and talk to the press, but not really say anything, IE Brian Cashman who is the only person I know who can talk for 2 hours on a subject and not actually say anything about it. Sather is basically doing the smart thing. He's not talking about the team. That's the right way to do it. Even if he gave a courtesy conversation with the press, if he was smart, he wouldnt divulge anything anyway. Hell, take Brian Burke for example, he basically screwed his return on Antropov, who what, scored like 20+ goals at the time he was traded? by saying something along the lines of, no gm in the world will give up a first for Antropov to the press. Congrats Burke, youve just ensured nobody does it.

I dont want my GM speaking to the press, and in that aspect, i applaud Sather. In trades, I applaud sather. In drafting, I applaud sather.

Unfortunately he is the single worst GM, probably in any sport, when it comes to unrestricted free agency.
The way I see it, if Sather could somehow learn to give out better UFA contracts....he'd actually be a pretty good GM.

However....his ineptness at it is already costing us. Perhaps he should hire someone to negotiate the contracts for him?

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Too many changes. Too many. I know there's little, very little chemistry now with this team, but there's no way this would work out for this year.

@ Ace2008

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Here's what I would like to happen:

1) Girardi, Kotalik and Valentenko for a late first rounder.

2) Rosie, Prospal and Kundratek for a late first rounder.

3) Higgins, Brasheer and Doyle for a second rounder.
That might be plausible but in the aftermath your left with half a team and a lot of work to do in the off season. Might as well just sign 15 new guys in the offseason eyes closed.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
rangerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Prucha 11 goals +3
Higgins 6 goals -8
Brutal...I love Pruchs, bring his @ss back you MOFO!

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Slats offered Chris Neil 2.3 million for I believe 3 years on July 1st later that week he went and signed Ales Kotalik. Obviously if everyone had to choose Neil or Kotalik it would be Neil. Sather knows this team needs to get tougher. Over the past few seasons he brings in Voros, Pissmiller, Boyle, Brash and hes made the wrong choices with adding so called toughness. When I listened and heard that he offered Neil that I was happy he didnt take that deal but now I wouldnt have minded that after seeing Kotalik.

Old
01-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Scooter17

If we can't resign Higgins for less money and Prospal for about the same, they should absolutely be traded by the deadline. I would try to resign Higgins for less money before I would trade him though.

This team is going nowhere this year even if they do make the playoffs. We should be able to get something decent back for them, especially Prospal. These two are the most movable in my opinion.

Its doubtful that they get traded though, because Sather is too stubborn to just give up on this year. He will probably be a buyer not a seller.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:29 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Slats offered Chris Neil 2.3 million for I believe 3 years on July 1st later that week he went and signed Ales Kotalik. Obviously if everyone had to choose Neil or Kotalik it would be Neil. Sather knows this team needs to get tougher. Over the past few seasons he brings in Voros, Pissmiller, Boyle, Brash and hes made the wrong choices with adding so called toughness. When I listened and heard that he offered Neil that I was happy he didnt take that deal but now I wouldnt have minded that after seeing Kotalik.
Neil was offered 4 years by the Rangers.$9.2 million.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Neil was offered 4 years by the Rangers.$9.2 million.
I was close enough

Old
01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Mueller reminds me of Prucha. Had a great rookie year, but has tapered off in the last 2. You don't know where a guy like that is headed. He could rebound and hit 50 points again or that season could've been a complete fluke. To me, this team already has enough guys who are inconsistent.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
The way I see it, if Sather could somehow learn to give out better UFA contracts....he'd actually be a pretty good GM.

However....his ineptness at it is already costing us. Perhaps he should hire someone to negotiate the contracts for him?
not just giving out the contracts, but targetting the right players, and understanding that sometimes its better to back out from a player if the price gets too high, than to just go nuts and outbid everyone.

Zdeno Chara is a great example...we should have been all over him.

Old
01-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
not just giving out the contracts, but targetting the right players, and understanding that sometimes its better to back out from a player if the price gets too high, than to just go nuts and outbid everyone.

That is true 100% as well, good point.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist4Vezina View Post
Too many changes. Too many. I know there's little, very little chemistry now with this team, but there's no way this would work out for this year.

@ Ace2008
You don't sell at the deadline with this season in mind.
People who want this done are looking ahead to next season.
You're probably still hanging on to this team being a playoff contender, but most fans have accepted what we are this season and are moving on.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:

You say that, but it's hard to argue it he was an investment that paid off for Boston.....so far.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Chief

The Rangers want to make the playoffs and extend the season, so we're going to get reinforcements like last season. Sather hasn't traded top prospects for rental players, so I wouldn't expect that.

I could see Sather breaking with his past if Phaneuf were actually available simply because I think there's still enough voices in the room who loved him in his draft year. The guy has the physicality the Rangers lack on the blueline and would give us another PP point option. If he's available, I think Sather finds cap room and Avery would be a casualty if need be.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote