HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deadline Deals - All Trade Proposals and Inquires

Old
01-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
So by this thread, I understand that Nashville will not move any goalie (Rinne or Ellis) this season? I think I saw Ellis more often since 20 games... Am I right? Do you think that the Nashville can re-sign both goalie. Personaly, I dont think so. I think someone will leave the team after the season. Are your ready to lost 1 goalie for nothing?
I am. He is the perfect 1B goalie for a playoff run.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:36 AM
thejlb*

I read an interesting trade rumor. Tootoo to philadelphia along with a draft pick for Carcillo. It would be a great move I think.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 03:17 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
NO!

First, I think Carcillo is a sideshow.

Second, Tootoo is worth more HERE than in Philly and worth more than Carcillo here.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 04:18 AM
thejlb*

I just don't think Tootoo will have a spot here in Nashville next year.

Carcillo is no worse then Tootoo. Carcillo easily takes the place of Tootoo and Belak something is gonna have to give on the 4th line. I'd personally rather not have any of the 3 on the team.

Not sure Tootoo will be willing to take a paycut. Although he might I don't know. I see for marketing purposes keeping him. Other then that nope hope he's gone.

Old
01-24-2010, 11:13 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Montreal just bought out Laraque.

just sayin'

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:34 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post

just sayin'
We already have one huge, useless enforcer that hardly fights. The last thing we need is another.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:48 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:

just sayin'
They bought him out because he's completely useless. We already have Belak for that.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:55 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
i don't want 'em.. I just thought it'd be good for a laugh.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:

just sayin'
Montreal announced they are buying out Laraque this week and sent him home, but...they cannot buy him out till the buyout period this summer. He remains property of the Canadiens til then and is not currently a free agent.

Anyone remember Laraque was one of Poile's top FA targets last year only to be spurned to play in a larger market? Trust me, Poile will let Laraque rot before bringing him to Nashville...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:40 AM
thejlb*

I do wonder about Belak and I know he's not happy here. At least playing hockey for us. Is it him thats cutting himself down from the fights or is it Trotz. I never really understood our system.

I kow it won't go over well but I thought we got Belak to get rid of Tootoo. I can see that happening, but I can also see us without belak and tootoo.

Old
01-25-2010, 02:22 AM
tv14

NSH: O'Sullivan
EDM: Hamhuis

Would Nashville might bite on this one? Hamhuis has been struggling and is a UFA after seasons end, and with your young dmen on the roster and in the pipeline, I figured he wont likely be resigned. Nashville is currently 10th in the west in GF, O'Sullivan could give you some much needed depth up front and is signed for one more season after this one.

Thoughts?

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:54 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post

Would Nashville might bite on this one? Hamhuis has been struggling and is a UFA after seasons end, and with your young dmen on the roster and in the pipeline, I figured he wont likely be resigned. Nashville is currently 10th in the west in GF, O'Sullivan could give you some much needed depth up front and is signed for one more season after this one.

Thoughts?
Pass. O'Sullivan isn't a good fit here because he's not that good without the puck.

Honestly, O'Reilly and Wilson are exactly what we need if we can get them producing at this level. Wilson is a versatile forward who plays sound in his own end and can line up at center or wing; O'Reilly is an offensively skilled centerman that could allow guys like Erat to shift to more pure sniper roles, and help Dumont achieve a degree of offensive balance.

If we could roll a lineup of:

Sullivan-Arnott-Hörnqvist
Erat-O'Reilly-Dumont
Wilson-Legwand-Ward
Jones-Goc-Tootoo/Smithson
Belak

... then we should have no problems producing offense, and won't need to expend further assets on a player like Ponikarovsky (though he would be a nice addition). One of the biggest reasons this team has dropped three in a row, though, is the Hamhuis-Klein pairing that Trotz seems to love, which is decimating our PK numbers. If we could bring in a two-way rearguard like Seidenberg or Corvo or even Ian White, the team would improve significantly.

Old
01-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post

Thoughts?
I'd do it. O'Sullivan's cap hit isn't awful, his actually salary is perfect. RFA at the end of his deal. He shoots the puck, has the potential to pot in 20 goals. We need a guy like him to hold onto the puck since erat and sullivan can't. I know there are some character issues there, but he has been in huge markets... maybe a small market is what he needs.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 01-25-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:03 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 3000
buy out Belak and resign Tootoo.

Toots should be cheap, this is a contract year and he hasnt done anything.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
buy out Belak and resign Tootoo.

Toots should be cheap, this is a contract year and he hasnt done anything.
We can't buy out players mid-season, and Belak is a free agent in July, so your plan makes only slightly less sense than Belak getting regular ice time.

Old
01-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Toronto fan here.

Ponikarovsky for Blake Geoffrion and a 2nd?

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
OpenWheel

Our team has squandered too much of their good work with the four game losing streak and other recent stumbles. We're not going anywhere this season after all. I'd hope now that we're sellers and not buyers.

I wouldn't trade for Ponikarovsky unless he was signed. If he was signed for another year I'd do Geoffrion and a third, maybe a second. If he was signed for two years I'd do Geoffrion and a second.

But now I'd rather we tank. Get better draft position. And trade Trotz.

I'm not too happy right now, does it show?

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:28 AM
adsfan

I have a few suggestions from down on the farm. Keep Tootoo and both goalies. Dekanich has moved backward this season, he lets in bad goals a la Brian Findley. Pickard is very uneven in his play. Dump Hamhuis and Belak. Use Franson and/or Sulzer and bring up Grant (LW). Triston can score (7 G, 7 A with 3 GW in 37 games) and hold his own in a fight. O'Reilly and Mike Santorelli should be able to play in the NHL. Olvecky and Mark Santorelli might play a few games in the NHL next season.

The other D-men in Milwaukee aren't ready. Laakso is hurt again, Ford broke his jaw in a fight, Dietrich is too small for the NHL, that is why Germany passed him over for the 2010 Olympics. Blum and Matheson could use another year in the AHL, Cashman and Jozsa (both from Cincinnati) need two more years in the AHL.

Last edited by adsfan: 01-27-2010 at 12:38 AM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:13 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Our team has squandered too much of their good work with the four game losing streak and other recent stumbles. We're not going anywhere this season after all. I'd hope now that we're sellers and not buyers.

I wouldn't trade for Ponikarovsky unless he was signed. If he was signed for another year I'd do Geoffrion and a third, maybe a second. If he was signed for two years I'd do Geoffrion and a second.

But now I'd rather we tank. Get better draft position. And trade Trotz.

I'm not too happy right now, does it show?
I'm frustrated as well but that is just crazy talk. Season's have their up and downs. This has shown to be a resilient team. I still have faith.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:01 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Millers Chin View Post
Toronto fan here.

Absoloutely not. Geoffrion is the first TN raised potiential NHLer. Nashville is not going to give him up. I could see another forward prospect except Geoffrion.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:48 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Millers Chin View Post
Toronto fan here.

If the team keeps playing this poorly, Poile will simply stand pat. Of course, if the team is winning, Poile would still stand pat because the team is winning and "clearly doesn't need any other additions."

Old
01-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Didn't we reach a deal last year for Poni for simply a second....and that was with him having another year as an RFA to boot....why would we pay more now????

01-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Seth Lake

OK, here's how I see it...

Hamhuis will be traded. Realistically, his value is high enough as a rental that we can recoup some of the assets we spend elsewhere at the deadline or we can trade him outright for another rental at a position of need.

With Hamhuis traded, we will acquire a veteran defenseman. A good stay-at-home veteran guy with playoff experience that can play in a No. 4 role. Really, we have two No. 1 dmen in Weber and Suter, a No. 4 in Klein, a No. 5 in Bouillon, a No. 6 in Franson, and a No. 6 in Sulzer. If we were to trade Hamhuis, then we are without a No. 3 defenseman. Just like we always do, we would piece together a lineup and look to create an above average pairing for the second unit and an average pairing for the third. I really think Klein can elevate his game with the right partner and finding that person in the short-term must be the deciding factor in whomever we decide to acquire. Sulzer provides depth as a 7th defenseman this season, but shouldn't be looked upon to step into the lineup regularly (as a second rookie - Franson) unless forced to do so due to injury.

Next, we will acquire top-six forward depth. Do not expect a superstar or even any big name "stars", but rather a guy or two that can play top-six minutes and contribute at both ends of the rink. The biggest name I would look for is Frolov from the Kings (seen many proposals of Hamhuis for Frolov straight up - which I would do, but would the real GM's?). Other than that, expect guys like Ponikarovsky, Stajan, or Stempniak from Toronto, Tanguay from Tampa, or someone like Ray Whitney or Matt Cullen from Carolina for brand names or a whole slew of little known vets like Sillinger, Hlavac, and Bochenski have been in years past.

I highly doubt with all the work to be done this summer that Poile will "stand pat" at the deadline this year...

Old
01-27-2010, 06:36 PM
jlsg

I think you're right that Hamhius is most likely gone. If we are in a serious playoff race, then yes an experienced dman would be a good acquisition. If we are out of it, then I look for some of our young guys to fill in the slot and we go after some scoring and draft picks/prospects. We also still may see some action on our goaltending front, although I'm not sure if that's a good thing just yet.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
I think you're right that Hamhius is most likely gone. If we are in a serious playoff race, then yes an experienced dman would be a good acquisition. If we are out of it, then I look for some of our young guys to fill in the slot and we go after some scoring and draft picks/prospects. We also still may see some action on our goaltending front, although I'm not sure if that's a good thing just yet.
I agree that we might see some action on the goaltending front, but I'm not counting on it. There are only 30 NHL starter jobs available and probably 50+ guys qualified to take one and another 50+ more that believe they deserve a shot. Honestly with the inconsistency that we've seen emanate from the crease this season, I think Poile might have an upper hand in negotiations a little with whomever he decides to sign. Also have to remember that Pickard is in the pipeline and while not ready, has shown no reason to really get concerned about his development. I don't believe both Rinne and Ellis will return, but do think that Rinne is the prime target for Poile and Ellis will serve as a backup plan...

As for whether or not we're in the playoffs...I don't think there is a choice. If anything Poile will look to pull the trigger earlier if the team cannot find a way out of the recent funk soon. Dropping out of the playoff race would be a big blow to the team both on and off the ice and the front office knows that and has that at the forefront of their minds on a daily basis. While they're not going to overpay or blow anything up, the team knows they aren't in a straight development/building mode, but rather must get back to the playoffs and win a round to take the next step in development overall...