HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Laraque OtR: "Habs Best Spirited Team"

Old
01-27-2010, 05:09 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Laraque OtR: "Habs Best Spirited Team"

Georges Laraque is on Off The Record right now and Landsberg asked him if there was division in the Habs locker room, with players prefering one goalie over another.

Laraque said: No, in fact, the team is one of "best spirited teams" he's been on in awhile. The guys get along and like/love each other, hang-out with each other, and both goalies get along with each other really well.

When asked about the Markov/Price issue Laraque said he didn't know anything about it and would be really surprised if it really happened.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:20 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Wouldn't surprise me if Laraque is right, he knows better than anyone in the media. One of the "easy" explanations for a team doing bad is cliques and divisions in the locker room. Its so absurdly cliche and the media can exploit it very easily when they feel lazy.

Saying a team has problems in the locker room is much easier and lazier than finding and explaining problems in the team's system.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Nice to see Laraque isn't talking bad about the team like other guys have done when they left.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Nice to see Laraque isn't talking bad about the team like other guys have done when they left.
He'll do so when Habs buys out his contract in July.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:26 PM
David_99

Quote:
Technically they are still paying him and he has to watch what he says. I'm sure he was told soon after his "classless" comment about the Habs. Ever since then he's been happy-go-lucky.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Etienne

This just reminded me of something Max Lapierre said to me 2 summers ago when I ran into him. He and I both went to the same school, same age (and even took the same bus) so we chatted a bit and when I asked about the medias, he just laughed and said "Lets say there's an event with the Habs players and the fans for a whole day and that I'm patient, generous, kind and upbeat during the entire day except for 5 minutes, the only thing you're gonna hear about from the medias is those 5 minutes and they'll tell you about it a way that suggests I was like that during the whole day."

Etienne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Habs

Is he still sporting the 'Predator' hairuct?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
I think he can get suspended and fined à la Sean Avery for any comments made in the media.

Not sure, however.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:37 PM
PacoXIII

In my opinion its a damn shame this guy didnt do what he was payed to do. Im sure he was VERY appreciated in the locker room just maybe not on the ice... Good luck Georges! You'll kick ass elsewhere im sure.... just not on the ice.

PacoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:38 PM
MrNasty

he has said this other times as well, so have other players earlier in the season. I don't see why anyone should care if a player disses another or gets upset for any reason. Look at your own professions and imagine if anything you say off cuff or in the heat of the moment was taken to the media and dissected until your eyes bleed. It is foolish and irrelevant.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 07:43 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Is he still sporting the 'Predator' hairuct?
LOL. YES!

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

How much did Laraque get paid to say that?

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:31 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by habstinator View Post
He'll do so when Habs buys out his contract in July.
what? ... whats that supposed to mean ... and whats that even going to change for BGL ? ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Yikes...I'd hate to see how badly this team would play if they weren't spirited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
what? ... whats that supposed to mean ... and whats that even going to change for BGL ? ...
He's still technically Canadiens property so he can't badmouth the team.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:44 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoXIII View Post
. Im sure he was VERY appreciated in the locker room just maybe not on the ice...
I really respect BGL for keeping an upbeat tone when he could easily feed on any frenzy right now. But more importantly, I don't think he was very appreciated in the locker room, from all the interviews I seen, the players WERE NOT SAD TO SEE HIM GO. I think a big part of the reason he was let go was because the PLAYERS felt he wasn't doing his job and protecting them.

If you watch the interviews, they all said what a nice guy he was, but it was a professional sport and they all hinted, he didn't carry his weight, Nobody said he contributed or did anything useful and Gionta kinda hinted later in his interview that it was best for the team that he was gone.

And the next game, people rallied around O'Byrne for fighting, that was basically saying, WE ARE TOUGHER WITHOUT LARAQUE.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:44 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

He is still getting paid by the Habs, he won't say anything bad until June.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Georges Laraque is on Off The Record right now and Landsberg asked him if there was division in the Habs locker room, with players prefering one goalie over another.

Laraque said: No, in fact, the team is one of "best spirited teams" he's been on in awhile. The guys get along and like/love each other, hang-out with each other, and both goalies get along with each other really well.

When asked about the Markov/Price issue Laraque said he didn't know anything about it and would be really surprised if it really happened.
You mean there are couples within the team? I am not that surprised to hear that, but impressed that it could be public.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote