HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

So Stupid Its Funny

Old
01-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Pourinthecoal

vCash: 500
So Stupid Its Funny

The suck meter is so far over its wrapped back to good again. Check these out:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=24715

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...2&blogger_id=1

He's just so stupid I HAD to post it for those that don't even bother going over there anymore. I love how he has "formulas" he developed for his "Panic Factor". This guy is the funniest thing on the 'net. The best part is he takes himelf so seriously, that he's such an authority of the hockey world. So pathetic it's funny again - I'm lovin it.

By the way, how come hockeybuzzhogwash hasn't been too active lately, I used to love the bashing of Eklund over on that site and it seems to have lost interest lately.

Pourinthecoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Eternity Is Now

thats cause its a waste of f-ing time

Eternity Is Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Bicepus Maximus

Love it!

Dwayne is either a brilliant guy or one of the dumbest, oblivious people to buy a computer! I honestly have trouble believing someone would be serious in writing something like that, so I wonder if he knows how brutal it is but realizes it'll get the (negative) attention he wants... or, without making it more complicated than it has to be, he is just that ridiculous……….

Oh, and not to drag this on or anything but does anyone know any specific details about him? I'd love to paint a better image of someone like this. What does he does for a living. Is he married? Where he lives... etc. Cause right now (in my mind) there's no way his hockey headquarters (AKA mom's basement) doesn't smell like cat urine!

Bicepus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Pourinthecoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Committed Fanatic View Post
Love it!

Dwayne is either a brilliant guy or one of the dumbest, oblivious people to buy a computer! I honestly have trouble believing someone would be serious in writing something like that, so I wonder if he knows how brutal it is but realizes it'll get the (negative) attention he wants... or, without making it more complicated than it has to be, he is just that ridiculous……….

Oh, and not to drag this on or anything but does anyone know any specific details about him? I'd love to paint a better image of someone like this. What does he does for a living. Is he married? Where he lives... etc. Cause right now (in my mind) there's no way his hockey headquarters (AKA mom's basement) doesn't smell like cat urine!
Just check out www.hockeybuzzhogwash.com for some funny $#&* about him. Probably one of his best claims is he turned down Shania Twain for a date once or something along those lines. I think he's married with two kids and an aspiring guitarist - so YES he is sitting in his urine-soaked basement living out his online fantasies while wifey raises the kids...

When I read his colmns and posted last night I was a little fit-shaced but reading it this monring is even funnier when sober, some great excerpts of his "rating system":

"I have hundreds of sources I can call on any given day and deciding who I call is vital."

"The Team Pressure Factor was derived by the following pressures...

Choking Since Lockout:

This is a complicated formula that tries to take the last four years playoff performances versus a team's regular season performance. Very high for teams that don't make the playoffs over the 4 years"

And to think he locked himself away for a few hours to emerge from his basement with these brilliant "formulas". Amazing he has time considering his hundreds of sources.

More to come...

Old
01-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Committed Fanatic View Post
Love it!

He is in a band (That you can look up on Google with his name which you obviously know).

I have met him when I wrote for McKeen's and HF, and had lunch. He lives in Pennsylvania and has solid connections with the Flyers.

Married, with at least one child I remember him talking about.(Only from memory.), I would suggest he is early 40s. My guess is that he is middle class like most of us. From my estimation, he lives in a fairly middle class neighbourhood based on where we had lunch.

He also had at one point decent connections with the NHLPA, since he forwarded me proof of a scenario he talked about in his blog. Whether those connections still exist, I don't know.

Because he has several mainstream media as bloggers, I doubt his site goes away very soon, and the traffic gets is considerable.

Are some to many of his rumours bogus? Well, told straight up by himself very early in his blog, he reported everything. So if you made a rumour up and emailed it to him, he posted it.

He has suggested that he is more credible now, but that stigma will always be attached. Bob MacKenzie has posted in several places that Eklund has legitimate sources.

The problem will always be separating the wheat from the chaff.

All said, he seems like a decent guy, a little naive, but there is no doubt that he has built his site into something that has value, based on the number of hits he gets.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Allot of posters at HF Oil would appreciate a warning in the thread title (like: EKLUND WARNINIG) or something so we don't waste our time on this trash.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

panic button? I thought we were very calm about the losing process.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Philly85
Moody'

When I was a teenager I used to frequent those boards a bit, now it's just embarrassing. He shouldn't be in business at all, dude is an amateur. The only moderately enticing aspect of that website is some of the bloggers and articles they post up. Eklund himself is a joke.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

It has been suggested that stop commenting on that individual and his site since he is a "RESPECTED" member of our little community

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Giant Moo

Please clearly mark the title for threads like this so I don't have to waste my time clicking on the link and then mocking you. Mocking you for posting a link to that outhouse of a Web site.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Allot of posters at HF Oil would appreciate a warning in the thread title (like: EKLUND WARNINIG) or something so we don't waste our time on this trash.
I second the warning so I can ignore in advance, haven't bothered looking at his link because its a load of crap

jebeezus chryste already! if anyone cared to look at anything eklund related, they'd go there

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Creating Eklund threads will get you permanently ignored by a majority of regular posters here.

Might want to keep the TMZ crap in the Facepalm thread where it belongs.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=675220

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:41 PM
alanschu

I will not click on that link because I do not want to give him ad revenue.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:33 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432 View Post
but there is no doubt that he has built his site into something that has value, based on the number of hits he gets.
only for "FAN BOY" level weirdos and Nintendo Geeks who are obsessed with cargo cultist type tricks to save their hockey dreams. the only value is him trying to make a buck on gag level soap opera rumors. i guess thats value. you could also say producing garbage/packaging just to throw it away and give people jobs to be designers, printers and garbage men has value too. laughable value.

whatever, good luck to him.

everyone knows Dreger and McKenzie are the only dudes who pretty much matter overall anyway.... when trade hype is actually relevant.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
I will not click on that link because I do not want to give him ad revenue.
Every time a new Eklund thread pops up its always by some new kid, must be Eklund himself trying to generate some traffic

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
only for "FAN BOY" level weirdos and Nintendo Geeks who are obsessed with cargo cultist type tricks to save their hockey dreams. the only value is him trying to make a buck on gag level soap opera rumors. i guess thats value. you could also say producing garbage/packaging just to throw it away and give people jobs to be designers, printers and garbage men has value too. laughable value.

whatever, good luck to him.

everyone knows Dreger and McKenzie are the only dudes who pretty much matter overall anyway.... when trade hype is actually relevant.
That is what I meant by value. I don't know what Crave paid for HFboards, but I am sure it would put a nice downpayment on a new house.

Same for hbuzz. The value of the site is the traffic he pulls. I wouldn't suggest the rumours have any value for the public eye. The sites literary value is that they have Panaccio and Berger and a few other decent bloggers. (Although the Oiler one isn't much of a favourite of mine.)

Old
01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
myteammytown

Quote:
He is in a band (That you can look up on Google with his name which you obviously know).

I have met him when I wrote for McKeen's and HF, and had lunch. He lives in Pennsylvania and has solid connections with the Flyers.

Married, with at least one child I remember him talking about.(Only from memory.), I would suggest he is early 40s. My guess is that he is middle class like most of us. From my estimation, he lives in a fairly middle class neighbourhood based on where we had lunch.

He also had at one point decent connections with the NHLPA, since he forwarded me proof of a scenario he talked about in his blog. Whether those connections still exist, I don't know.

Because he has several mainstream media as bloggers, I doubt his site goes away very soon, and the traffic gets is considerable.

Are some to many of his rumours bogus? Well, told straight up by himself very early in his blog, he reported everything. So if you made a rumour up and emailed it to him, he posted it.

He has suggested that he is more credible now, but that stigma will always be attached. Bob MacKenzie has posted in several places that Eklund has legitimate sources.
The problem will always be separating the wheat from the chaff.

All said, he seems like a decent guy, a little naive, but there is no doubt that he has built his site into something that has value, based on the number of hits he gets.

care to provide a link to back up this "theory"?

edit:i found this

It takes quite a bit to get Bob McKenzie activating his ol’ HFBoards account, and he usually uses it these days to disspell ridiculous Eklund rumors. But it usually has to be something really, really stupid. The last notable time he posted was to shoot down Eklund’s retrospectively trite “Ovechkin to Nashville” rumors.

But McKenzie came back into the HF fold in the wake of the large HF thread on Eklund’s rumor that the NHL will go back to ESPN for Stanley Cup, Conference Finals, and every NBC game except for the Winter Classic, and VERSUS sticks around for, whatever else. He posted the following on Hockey’s Future Forums:

I checked it out. My sources say: Zero validity to this story. None.

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by myteammytown View Post
care to provide a link to back up this "theory"?

edit:i found this

It takes quite a bit to get Bob McKenzie activating his ol’ HFBoards account, and he usually uses it these days to disspell ridiculous Eklund rumors. But it usually has to be something really, really stupid. The last notable time he posted was to shoot down Eklund’s retrospectively trite “Ovechkin to Nashville” rumors.

But McKenzie came back into the HF fold in the wake of the large HF thread on Eklund’s rumor that the NHL will go back to ESPN for Stanley Cup, Conference Finals, and every NBC game except for the Winter Classic, and VERSUS sticks around for, whatever else. He posted the following on Hockey’s Future Forums:

I checked it out. My sources say: Zero validity to this story. None.

I could go back into the threads and find them, but no, no link, and I have enough credibility here to say, I have seen his sources personally. And in Eklund threads of yore, MacKenzie has posted that Eklund has sources. That is a direct quote. That said, MacKenzie is always there to dispose of the bunk that comes out on Hockeybuzz. Does Eklund lie and make things up? I have no idea. Is there tons of stuff that is so terribly ridiculous only a donkey could think it true? You betcha.

But I have seen it for myself. I have NHLPA accredited agent letterhead with sensitive subject matter, so the fact is that he has sources. Think about it, Andy Strickland is tight with Pronger, so if there is a bite on something, he is going to get his nugget. He has NHL media posting blogs on Hbuzz, it is painfully obvious that he has some connections. He probably gets some rumours by accident.(The true ones anyways)

That said, I have already mentioned that there is tons of crap in with his odd kernel of actual information. But to dismiss the truth that he has some contacts is just folly.

Old
01-26-2010, 04:02 PM
myteammytown

Quote:
I could go back into the threads and find them, but no, no link, and I have enough credibility here to say, I have seen his sources personally. And in Eklund threads of yore, MacKenzie has posted that Eklund has sources. That is a direct quote. That said, MacKenzie is always there to dispose of the bunk that comes out on Hockeybuzz. Does Eklund lie and make things up? I have no idea. Is there tons of stuff that is so terribly ridiculous only a donkey could think it true? You betcha.

But I have seen it for myself. I have NHLPA accredited agent letterhead with sensitive subject matter, so the fact is that he has sources. Think about it, Andy Strickland is tight with Pronger, so if there is a bite on something, he is going to get his nugget. He has NHL media posting blogs on Hbuzz, it is painfully obvious that he has some connections. He probably gets some rumours by accident.(The true ones anyways)

That said, I have already mentioned that there is tons of crap in with his odd kernel of actual information. But to dismiss the truth that he has some contacts is just folly.

i dont discount that he may have some sources.

but, would you not think that a guy with legit sources would have a better success rate then picking names out of a hat?

his track record speaks for itself. throw enough **** against the wall, some is bound to stick...

he has his place, lets keep his place where it is and not bring any more advertising to his "site" then is absolutely needed.

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Slats432

I don't disagree. I think every Eklund thread should have the EK in the title to dissuade those that don't like his site.

And for your link....I did find it. (Just to remind people that don't know me that I am one of the credible seasoned veterans around here. I just don't post much anymore.)

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2963458&postcount=48

BobMckenzie

A word about blogs
I wrote the following as a reply to a thread that was just closed. I'll throw it out there now and if the mods feel it, too, should be locked, so be it, no problem, but I wanted to go on record with the following:

I have said it before, I will say it again...when it comes to Eklund, do not throw the baby out with the bath water. Which is to suggest he sometimes has very good information that no one else has. Which is to suggest he sometimes has totally bogus information that has not an ounce of truth to it. He puts up stuff unfiltered, whatever he hears, he posts. If he hears something, he puts it up, and there is clearly a lack of accountability and he's the first to tell you that...it's a rumour site, it's a blog.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't talk to some people in high places because I know for a fact he does. I also know for a fact that a lot of people in hockey, in all positions in the NHL, check him out every day.
The challenge is figuring out what's totally bogus and what's legit. You guys are at a disadvantage because you can't do that directly. I can and I can tell you there has been information posted there that no one else had that was indeed factual. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think some NHL players don't burn up his e-mail line.

That doesn't make him an authoritative voice on the lockout, but it doesn't make him a fraud or a phony either. I personally wouldn't pay 10 bucks to get his "inside" stuff, but I wouldn't ignore everything he writes either. I'm not sure what his batting average is on right vs. wrong -- on volume, it's probably not Ted Williams-like -- but I know of some so-called "legitimate" news sources who are below the Mendosa line when it comes to accuracy on lockout coverage.

Old
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Pourinthecoal

Yikes, the title says it all, no need to open the HOCKEYBUZZ link if you're gonna take it seriously. A little too grumpy in here.

And yeah like everyone else I know Ek is a hack but its gotten so bad lately that its wrapped the guage back and I had to share his ratings system... with complicated formulas... and subjective assessments... and a bunch of other important sounding things...

Old
01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourinthecoal View Post
Yikes, the title says it all, no need to open the HOCKEYBUZZ link if you're gonna take it seriously. A little too grumpy in here.

And yeah like everyone else I know Ek is a hack but its gotten so bad lately that its wrapped the guage back and I had to share his ratings system... with complicated formulas... and subjective assessments... and a bunch of other important sounding things...
You're a hockeybuzz shill...

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
You're a hockeybuzz shill...
*ding*

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Fire Sather Rally in NY - March 7

Here's another one that it's so stupid it's funny. It reminds me of the rally to fire MacTavish last season.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=730521