HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dagenais to Europe..Ribeiro to follow?

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2005, 09:08 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
How could he be the worst player in the NHL? Wayne Greztky said, and I am repeating myself, that the hardest thing in hockey is to score goals.... So if you are scoring goals, according to Gretzky, you should be a good hockey player!
wrong, that's mean that Dagenais, if is able to do the hardest thing in hockey, is not able to do the easyest...so that he's not a good player...

Old
01-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Jakomyte

Even if Dagenais attempts to work on his complementary skills, I don't see them improving much. Keep him around for a bit, but I really think that a few of our prospects are better and more complete players than him and they will steal his spot within a 1/2 year or so. As much as Dagenais' shot is really great (not awesome... but really great), I am quite certain he is a worse player than perezhogin, plekanec, hossa, higgins... and the likes, or at least where these prospects will be when the NHL starts again. To stay in the line-up he is REALLY going to have to fight for his job.

Old
01-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
wrong, that's mean that Dagenais, if is able to do the hardest thing in hockey, is not able to do the easyest...so that he's not a good player...
Yep, it goes to show that today's hockey is sick when a puck dumper (I dont consider Hossa a puck dumper by the way) is viewed as a "real" hockey player.

Old
01-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Hossa is 23 and is not fully developped yet. Dagenais had NHL experience under his belt and can't learn more at 26 or 27.

Dagenais could be a ''good'' player if he was using his big body, going in the corners, give bodychecks, play with intensity at all time and stop shooting on net when he enter the zone like a numb one-trick poney.

There's many ''if'' but it's only a question of desire. This guy can do more. And he will have to do more if he want to stay with our team.
So, do you remember Guy Lafleur giving a body check? Man, you just burst my bubble, my childhood hero is not a real hockey player after all. Man I have it all wrong. I should have bought Chartraw's jersey iso Lafleur.

Old
01-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Trudel

Ribeiro is rumored to play for Bern in Switzerland. (the team has also Heatley and Briere under contract)

Old
01-11-2005, 08:36 AM
EaGLE1

Quote:
So, do you remember Guy Lafleur giving a body check? Man, you just burst my bubble, my childhood hero is not a real hockey player after all. Man I have it all wrong. I should have bought Chartraw's jersey iso Lafleur.
You don't want to understand.

Do you realise you're comparing Guy Lafleur and euh..Pierre Dagenais? Mr.Floater, Mr.I have the size of a power forward but could'nt hit. Mr.No Desire. Mr.Locker room ambiance destroyer...

Old
01-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
You don't want to understand.

Do you realise you're comparing Guy Lafleur and euh..Pierre Dagenais? Mr.Floater, Mr.I have the size of a power forward but could'nt hit. Mr.No Desire. Mr.Locker room ambiance destroyer...
Tu ecoutes trop Fillion C'est pas parce que tu es gros que tu dois etre un Power Foward en passant.

Old
01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Tu ecoutes trop Fillion C'est pas parce que tu es gros que tu dois etre un Power Foward en passant.
Le problème c'est que Dagenais s'apparente plus à Happy Gilmore qu'à un vrai joueur de hockey. Il ne patine pas, ne backcheck pas, ne frappe pas...

Il a juste un bon lancer.

Il a le frame pour frapper. Si il veut jouer dans la ligue nationale, il devra frapper.
Au moins un minimum. Dans le moment, c'est juste une grosse moumoune qui se fait planter par Rivette.

Tout le monde blastait Perreault, j'aime 2X mieux Perreault que Pierrot.

Dire que Claude Julien préférait utiliser Dagenais sur le top 6, en fin de saison régulière au lieu d'Alexei Kovalev. Un peu plus, et je serais tomber sur le cas de Julien...ça a été la période noire de sa saison de coaching IMO.
'Nuff Said

Old
01-11-2005, 10:14 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Le problème c'est que Dagenais s'apparente plus à Happy Gilmore qu'à un vrai joueur de hockey. Il ne patine pas, ne backcheck pas, ne frappe pas...

Il a juste un bon lancer.

Il a le frame pour frapper. Si il veut jouer dans la ligue nationale, il devra frapper.
Au moins un minimum. Dans le moment, c'est juste une grosse moumoune qui se fait planter par Rivette.

Tout le monde blastait Perreault, j'aime 2X mieux Perreault que Pierrot.

Dire que Claude Julien préférait utiliser Dagenais sur le top 6, en fin de saison régulière au lieu d'Alexei Kovalev. Un peu plus, et je serais tomber sur le cas de Julien...ça a été la période noire de sa saison de coaching IMO.
'Nuff Said
Ctait pas fort fort de Julien c c sur.

Old
01-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Howie Morenz

He's gonna be so lost on that big ice surface. It will be like that cartoon.(the players skating one way and him going the other) :lol

Closed Thread