HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LOL HABS Shutout'd in Tampa 3-0

Old
01-27-2010, 08:41 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recchi29 View Post
wow our bottom 6 has 4 goals combined?
Not quite, Metro and Moen both individually have more than that. Metro on the PP mostly, and Moen it was at the start of the season when the team played a more aggressive game before Martin put the kibosh on that.

Martin's system stresses the backcheck and discourages puck possesion and creating chances. He also does not stress the transition that would be required to score off the rush.

That means most of the Habs' goals must come from the PP because they can't score 5-on-5, and these guys do not get PP time. It takes a special talent to generate 5-on-5 offense in these conditions, so the bottom six does not collect even incidental goals from an energy game because, well, they're stuck in their zone collapsing around the slot.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:42 PM
HabsIn7

Gainey and Martin out in the off season no doubt about it.

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Montreal Shadow

I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but isn't the goalie-rotating system going against the team?

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

5th time the Habs have been blanked this season...Pathetic...

Funny that Markov told Price that if he didn't want to play with "heart" to just stay home...Sorry Markov but I didn't see much "heart" from you or your team mates in the 2 games the team played the last 2 nights....It's frustrating as hell watching a team fighting for their playoff lives mail in those last 2 games and score 1 lousy goal...

Even though the Leafs are behind the Habs they at least give a honest effort every night...Something this Habs team fail to do far too often...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'd be fun if our crowd started to shout Boucher Boucher Boucher instead of Pouliot Pouliot Pouliot. Martin is getting on my nerves.
This signing puzzled me when it was announced, made no sense.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Watch L'Antichambre right now and Michel Bergeron coming to Price's defense. Saying that they would have wanted to mismanage him, they wouldn't have done a better job.

And while I'm not in ANY freakin Price or Halak bandwagon, while Bergeron is often wrong, he's totally right on the one.

If we are losing Price, it will be all on the org. Nobody else to blame. Can't blame the media 'cause even the stupid altercation between Markov and Price, nobody blames either one of them. And now, Bergeron coming to Price's defense.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
While yeah that is kind of a good thing, it's also a slap in the face that in the past two games (ones we, yes, even fans I believe) took as wins, the teams we needed to lose mostly lost (not even OT loss) and we completely wasted our chances of leapfrogging.

Wasted chances. Story of the games, story of the season so far.
I still have hope though, just know that it's not looking good at all right now and the comfort factor will never instill itself until the last day of the season IF we get in.
Didnt get a chance to respond on the GDT thread, but I couldnt agree with you more on wishing we could have parallel vision to see what this team would be with Gainey gone.

Unfortunately the only thing I'm using to base my judgement is Gainey's performances so far. The good and the bad. Unfortunately I think the bad have outweighed the good in the grand scheme of things. Please dont tell me about what he had to work with or what he wasnt able to draft. Bottom line is like any company someone gets hired for a purpose. The only thing Gainey didnt change was himself over the summer. Yet this team feels very much like the team we had last year, lack of heart. Now the change has to come from the top. I thought Martin's hiring was a mistake, but i wont judge his performance on one season. I would give him another season at least before turning on him (as a GM, as a fan I wouldnt have hired him in the first place). It just felt weird to sign these explosive forwards and hire a defensive coach, but lets wait before turning on him. Gainey on the other hand, has tried his way and it hasnt worked.

He has to step down, like any honorable head of a company would do after seeing consistent failure.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but isn't the goalie-rotating system going against the team?
Why?

If your not scoring, neither are getting support...I'll do my part in the broken record, it's not a goalie issue.

Old
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM
JuJu Mobb

Everybody knows this team is too small, except for one person...

JuJu Mobb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Stradale

3rd time in 14 games the team in front of Price gets shutout.

How can the kid win if the team in front of him cant score a freaking goal.

Look at his last 11 regulations loss. Team scored:

0 Tampa Bay
2 Ottawa
2 Washington
0 Buffalo
1 Minnessota
1 New Jersey
2 Pittsburgh
0 Toronto
1 Pittsburgh
0 Nashville
1 Tampa Bay

Thats 10 goals scored in 11 games. How the **** can the kid win? Im not trying to defend him but he need to be the best goalie in the world to win those game. He needs to have the GAA under 0.90 in order to win those game.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
HabsIn7

wow the callers to CJAD are just as funny as the leafs post gamers

Old
01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
HabsIn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

Look at his last 11 regulations loss. Team scored.

0 Tampa Bay
2 Ottawa
2 Washington
0 Buffalo
1 Minnessota
1 New Jersey
2 Pittsburgh
0 Toronto
1 Pittsburgh
0 Nashville
1 Tampa Bay

Thats 10 goals scored in 11 games. How the **** can the kid win? Im not trying to defend him but he need to be the best goalie in the world to win those game. He needs to have the GAA under 0.90 in order to win those game.
You can't bring facts into the arguement. you are ruining the fun.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu Mobb View Post
Everybody knows this team is too small, except for one person...
Yep. We are build to win when the opponent team is too dumb to play our game. Whenever it comes to some in your face hockey, we're done. Which is exactly what the playoffs are....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Why?

If your not scoring, neither are getting support...I'll do my part in the broken record, it's not a goalie issue.
I mean, is it really a good idea to rotate goalies? Either way, you're right. Even if Roy was in the net, the best the team could have done is an overtime win.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:47 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If Martin goes so should Gainey.

Gainey fired a Coach in Julien that never needed to be fired, that was his first mistake and they are all catching up to him now.

You can't blame his 5 year plan on 3 coaches (not including his 2 stints too).
A sad part of this (and I remember exactly what was going on during the firing and the time around it) was that Theo had gone from Vezina to the man who could walk through walls (and whom pucks could walk through). The team was doing very badly and the media (and of course fans) had created so much negative pressure that it seemed like a necessary move. At the time, people were startled, but not shocked. There was a huge division in the locker room and lots of controversy. I never thought it was Julien's fault, and I'm sure Bob probably didn't think it was all on him either, but the situation, the team's play (theo mainly), the media, and the fans' indignation were what made him do it.

That's why I'm not a big fan of the blame Bob route. People have just been constantly f'in his plan up for him and he always has to recalibrate it. The only thing that bothers me is that we could lose Plekanec. The other scenarios all had reasons. Koivu and Kovy I was pretty upset about, but in hindsight, I understand them and actually think they were good and bold moves. Granted, (even though Koivu was my favourite) I still think Kovy vs Gionta can be argued, it gave us some key acquisitions. They are currently wetting the bed after....drying?...it on the weekend. Lets see what happens around the trade deadline (yes I know no one is expecting anything), but I remember the day we got Kovalev for nothing. You never know.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eightyseven

We need to score goals if we want to win.

How about that, Markov? Price showed up for the game. Markov didn't. It seems only the goalies give a damn.

The shot total is misguided. All of our shots were perimeter shots, no one in front of the net and we spent most of the game in our own zone. Turn-over after turn-over. They also gave many odd-man rushes at the beginning of the game.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

If we are losing Price, it will be all on the org.
of course this poor baby will never be responsible for his situation. NEVER. yaaaa heaaaard all you FAKE habs faaaaaaaaaan

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Watch L'Antichambre right now and Michel Bergeron coming to Price's defense. Saying that they would have wanted to mismanage him, they wouldn't have done a better job.

And while I'm not in ANY freakin Price or Halak bandwagon, while Bergeron is often wrong, he's totally right on the one.

If we are losing Price, it will be all on the org. Nobody else to blame. Can't blame the media 'cause even the stupid altercation between Markov and Price, nobody blames either one of them. And now, Bergeron coming to Price's defense.
It all started when Gainey rushed him up by trading Huet, it was such a dumb move, who knows how good he would be now if they gave him the time to grow up and learn the game without pressure, like Rask.

It sound like I'm just bashing Gainey for the fun it, but I'm not... too bad it all starts with him... in a way it's his fault, he's talking way to much space in this organization, everything has to start and end with him.

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:

I agree.

Why did Gainey need to bring Price into the fold so quickly when Huet stepped up and so did Halak???

Gainey could of easily had Price in the Minors to be the number one and allowed Huet and Halak to share duties in Montreal. If he saw Price dominating and Halak doing well he could of still done the Huet trade, but could of made it less obvious that the team was on Price's shoulders already at 20.

Halak could of became the starter and Price could have been given the opportunity to win that or at least split the duties.

Gainey rushed Price. He will still be a #1, but will it be in Montreal or will it be in a couple of years from now?

Old
01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
Please, please, please let Jacques Martin go. His system is horrible, and it clearly isn't working at all.

Quote:

0 Tampa Bay
2 Ottawa
2 Washington
0 Buffalo
1 Minnessota
1 New Jersey
2 Pittsburgh
0 Toronto
1 Pittsburgh
0 Nashville
1 Tampa Bay

It's crazy. This team can't do anything offensively when Price is in net it seems.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:49 PM
habtastic

Quote:

0 Tampa Bay
2 Ottawa
2 Washington
0 Buffalo
1 Minnessota
1 New Jersey
2 Pittsburgh
0 Toronto
1 Pittsburgh
0 Nashville
1 Tampa Bay

good god, where were you this past week with the non-stop Price bashing? Why oh WHYYY can we not all just see this very rational perspective?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Not quite, Metro and Moen both individually have more than that. Metro on the PP mostly, and Moen it was at the start of the season when the team played a more aggressive game before Martin put the kibosh on that.

Martin's system stresses the backcheck and discourages puck possesion and creating chances. He also does not stress the transition that would be required to score off the rush.

That means most of the Habs' goals must come from the PP because they can't score 5-on-5, and these guys do not get PP time. It takes a special talent to generate 5-on-5 offense in these conditions, so the bottom six does not collect even incidental goals from an energy game because, well, they're stuck in their zone collapsing around the slot.
Great analysis , I agree.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

It's not my type to whine on a coach so early and I didn't watch the game. But from reading you guys, it looks like it was the same old **** tonight. I hate Martin's style with passion.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
of course this poor baby will never be responsible for his situation. NEVER. yaaaa heaaaard all you FAKE habs faaaaaaaaaan
So Price is responsible for everything???

Wake up and watch a game.

Old
habspinner

Quote:

0 Tampa Bay
2 Ottawa
2 Washington
0 Buffalo
1 Minnessota
1 New Jersey
2 Pittsburgh
0 Toronto
1 Pittsburgh
0 Nashville
1 Tampa Bay

Wow - uhh....yeah. It's not like the team is putting up a lot of goals and he's crapping the bed.

Please someone get rid of Martin and bring up the psychologist in Boucher. Martin was an awful hire, we should have simply hired Boucher right of the bat.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote