HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

LOL HABS Shutout'd in Tampa 3-0

Old
01-27-2010, 08:49 PM
silver cup

vCash: 500
This team needs some offensive help with size and there is only one way we'll get it... trade Markov

silver cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:49 PM
habdynasty

so this it what it feels like to be a leaf fan.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:50 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
first time this season that I want Martin gone
me too and BG too

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:50 PM
InglewoodJack

The goalie rotation is a good idea in theory, sorta like the rotation in baseball, but in a more team oriented sport, I think you need the goalie to be set in stone, lets the team concentrate on one guy, who unfortunately is Halak right now.

I SAY UNFORTUNATELY because Halak is playing better right now. If you gotta trade one guy, it's Price. But in a few years, Price will most likely be better. Which leaves the Habs in a pickle. If there's a tank, go with Price, he'll run his confidence to the ground, but a phoenix will rise...

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Watch L'Antichambre right now and Michel Bergeron coming to Price's defense. Saying that they would have wanted to mismanage him, they wouldn't have done a better job.

And while I'm not in ANY freakin Price or Halak bandwagon, while Bergeron is often wrong, he's totally right on the one.

If we are losing Price, it will be all on the org. Nobody else to blame. Can't blame the media 'cause even the stupid altercation between Markov and Price, nobody blames either one of them. And now, Bergeron coming to Price's defense.
I agree. And the turning point was the 8 games road trip by overplaying Halak.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

vCash: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I agree.

Why did Gainey need to bring Price into the fold so quickly when Huet stepped up and so did Halak???

Gainey could of easily had Price in the Minors to be the number one and allowed Huet and Halak to share duties in Montreal. If he saw Price dominating and Halak doing well he could of still done the Huet trade, but could of made it less obvious that the team was on Price's shoulders already at 20.

Halak could of became the starter and Price could have been given the opportunity to win that or at least split the duties.

Gainey rushed Price. He will still be a #1, but will it be in Montreal or will it be in a couple of years from now?
This.

It was a horrible move to rush Carey Price. He has all the potential in the world, but we rushed him in to NHL too soon, add in the fact that it's Montreal, the toughest hockey market there is to play in, IMO. Just a horrible decision to rush Carey Price to the NHL, plain and simple.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Ho Ho Ho!

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
A sad part of this (and I remember exactly what was going on during the firing and the time around it) was that Theo had gone from Vezina to the man who could walk through walls (and whom pucks could walk through). The team was doing very badly and the media (and of course fans) had created so much negative pressure that it seemed like a necessary move. At the time, people were startled, but not shocked. There was a huge division in the locker room and lots of controversy. I never thought it was Julien's fault, and I'm sure Bob probably didn't think it was all on him either, but the situation, the team's play (theo mainly), the media, and the fans' indignation were what made him do it.

That's why I'm not a big fan of the blame Bob route. People have just been constantly f'in his plan up for him and he always has to recalibrate it. The only thing that bothers me is that we could lose Plekanec. The other scenarios all had reasons. Koivu and Kovy I was pretty upset about, but in hindsight, I understand them and actually think they were good and bold moves. Granted, (even though Koivu was my favourite) I still think Kovy vs Gionta can be argued, it gave us some key acquisitions. They are currently wetting the bed after....drying?...it on the weekend. Lets see what happens around the trade deadline (yes I know no one is expecting anything), but I remember the day we got Kovalev for nothing. You never know.
Actually one of the big reasons Julie was fired was he was going with Huet and it is said he suggested ti Bob he should trade Theo. Julien would be fired, but surprisingly Theo would be dealt too...maybe Bob should of listened to his coach.

The moves of not re-signing players and getting other this summer I agree with. But, the players he signed skill and style wise do not match up with the coach he hired.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Stupid team
Stupid coach
Stupid loss
Stupid gm
Stupi media

I'm done.
Lies, you'll be back with more. They always comeback.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Actually one of the big reasons Julie was fired was he was going with Huet and it is said he suggested ti Bob he should trade Theo. Julien would be fired, but surprisingly Theo would be dealt too...maybe Bob should of listened to his coach.

The moves of not re-signing players and getting other this summer I agree with. But, the players he signed skill and style wise do not match up with the coach he hired.
So true....

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 8 View Post
This.

It was a horrible move to rush Carey Price. He has all the potential in the world, but we rushed him in to NHL too soon, add in the fact that it's Montreal, the toughest hockey market there is to play in, IMO. Just a horrible decision to rush Carey Price to the NHL, plain and simple.
How was it a horrible move to rush Price? He was a ****ing top 10 goalie that year and we where gonna lose Huet anyways so Gainey did the right move. You people make me ****ing laugh sometimes.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mario66lemieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Lies, you'll be back with more. They always comeback.
stupid addiction

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 8 View Post
This.

And the rumours are that Carbo wanting to send Price to the Minors, but Gainey over ruled him and sent Halak...another time maybe Gainey should have listened to his Coach.

Old
01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
How was it a horrible move to rush Price? He was a ****ing top 10 goalie that year and we where gonna lose Huet so Gainey did the right move. You people make me ****ing laugh sometimes.
Most goalies don't really come into their own until they are around 23-25 years old. Bringing a goalie up quickly can end up ruining them as they're not ready at that point to take a starting job in the NHL.
A young goalie can have a great season even after being rushed into the league too quickly....just ask Raycroft.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:58 PM
panorama01*

The criticism is that at the beginning of 2007-08, they could have went with Huet-Halak and made Price start in Hamilton. As it was, they chose to keep Halak in Hamilton.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

so on AC, they're bashing Spacek for not playing cuz he had...THE FLU!!!

you would think that perhaps THIS FLU SEASON, they would get it in their heads that
1) the flu can disable you from freaking standing up
2) you don't want the others to get it

I've had it twice since october and I really hope that they all get sick and get reminded of how bad it can be. Of course there are different severity levels, but I'm guessing Jaroslav had it pretty bad. Douches.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Might as well start 5 year plan number three now. As a die hard fan it pains me to start losing interest in the team. For the first time in years, i literally walked away from my tv with a full period to go.

Its the same old garbage.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Not even close, they don't have a top 10 pick to look forward to.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:59 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
How was it a horrible move to rush Price? He was a ****ing top 10 goalie that year and we where gonna lose Huet anyways so Gainey did the right move. You people make me ****ing laugh sometimes.
Huet would have been traded regardless as he would have commanded the salary he got with Chicago and the Habs had Price and Halak, so he wasn't getting that here.

Price did have an amazing year, but with his youth and the Habs demanding him to be that guy at his age already added some pressure to him. One could look at the Habs also having so much turn over in a players career already in 2 goalie coaches and 3 coaches in Carbo, Gainey and now Martin...where has the consistency in philosophy been there for this goalie?

Old
01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Rickkins

Seems like the team does not really want to play in front of Carey Price.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Seems like the team does not really want to play in front of Carey Price.
They must have confused Halak for Price last night as well I guess.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:01 PM
LaurentHou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Do you ever think of what you write?
100%

LaurentHou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not even close, they don't have a top 10 pick to look forward to.
thats a low blow

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_man_44 View Post
Most goalies don't really come into their own until they are around 23-25 years old. Bringing a goalie up quickly can end up ruining them as they're not ready at that point to take a starting job in the NHL.
A young goalie can have a great season even after being rushed into the league too quickly....just ask Raycroft.
Was Price a top 10 goalie in the league or not that year?

Anyways i guess Columbus ****ed up with Mason too.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
k, let's not go overboard. We will thankfully never know that deep sadness.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote