HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

LOL HABS Shutout'd in Tampa 3-0

Old
01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
scottyG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
They must have confused Halak for Price last night as well I guess.
Ouch

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Seems like the team does not really want to play in front of Carey Price.
Seems like you only appear after a Price loss.

Troll

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
And the rumours are that Carbo wanting to send Price to the Minors, but Gainey over ruled him and sent Halak...another time maybe Gainey should have listened to his Coach.
Exactly. I think Gainey has issues with giving his coaches control of the team on the ice. Because of this, he shouldn't be a GM.

Because of Martins boring system, he shouldn't be a coach.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHou View Post
100%
I guess you need to try harder...

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:04 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Might as well start 5 year plan number three now. As a die hard fan it pains me to start losing interest in the team. For the first time in years, i literally walked away from my tv with a full period to go.

Its the same old garbage.
I hate Burke, but like he said "GM's who have 5 year plans are pretty much saying to the fans faces that we are going to suck and do nothing about it, but we should be good in 5 years"!!! Burke goes on to say even further that "no matter how bad you team is, your goal each year is to make the playoffs and to win the cup...by having a plan your admitting your team is bad and you aren't going to fix it".

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
silver cup

We have two good goalies...nobody is being rushed. They are both playing, learning and doing a good job. It's the fans and media that are rushing them, expecting them to be superstars right from the get go. It's not our goalies I'm worried about...we have probably the smallest top six in the league and the worst bottom six. We need more offensive depth, plain and simple.

silver cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:06 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panorama01 View Post
The criticism is that at the beginning of 2007-08, they could have went with Huet-Halak and made Price start in Hamilton. As it was, they chose to keep Halak in Hamilton.
At that time, with Price on such a roll, I think Gainey wanted to give him experience in the big leagues, being a backup with the hope to accelerate his plan. If the team around him hadn't crumbled, I think it might have looked difference. Let's remember the 07-08 season. Didn't seem like a bad idea then. It's when everything about the team started going wrong that it appeared like a bad move. Kovy taking half a season off. A half-ass D. Pleky's off-season. Higgins being completely useless. Tanguay's injury.

Look at the game we played last Sunday. Even Saturday.

Tell me that if we play like that, we don't have a playoff team and one in which Price WILL thrive...

oh yeah, fun JM PC coming up...definitivement

(ha...he puked a lil in his mouth)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Martin PC now. Show some heart GODDDMIT

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
pepperMonkey

Umm...where was Pleky? Oh right, giving the puck away to the opponents. And where was Markov? Oh right, also giving the puck away. unless I'm mistaken, it seems like they (and I'm sure the rest of the team also) were always turning the puck all game long. Sorry, but the team was horrible. Scratch that. It was like watching team Canada Jrs. playing the US and giving turnover after turnover. Almost as if they didn't want the puck. Sorry we didn't deserve to win. Though did see some nice exchanges by Gomez to Darche. Although Gomez may have played like crap, he did create 'some' chances unlike some of the other lines.

Though I think Price played decent. Not much chance on the goals that went in, and fairly solid the rest of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHou View Post
Where are Gionta and Gomez in this both game in Florida? Gomez play awful with turnover and bad penalty. Gionta is overrated (5 millions), he is very good near the net for score... but that it. He cannot make good pass, and its north-south skating... he shoot from everywhere, because he has no vision! Gionta take a dumb penalty tonight too, shtrouph!

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Wow, Martin just praised Sergei!

Took a while but at least you realized that Sergei is better offensively than Moen.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver cup View Post
We have two good goalies...nobody is being rushed. They are both playing, learning and doing a good job. It's the fans and media that are rushing them, expecting them to be superstars right from the get go. It's not our goalies I'm worried about...we have probably the smallest top six in the league and the worst bottom six. We need more offensive depth, plain and simple.
Ya this x1000000

People expect to much from Price (shutout every game) and when he dosen't do that he isn't doing his job apparently.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:09 PM
habtastic

Quote:
I hate Burke, but like he said "GM's who have 5 year plans are pretty much saying to the fans faces that we are going to suck and do nothing about it, but we should be good in 5 years"!!! Burke goes on to say even further that "no matter how bad you team is, your goal each year is to make the playoffs and to win the cup...by having a plan your admitting your team is bad and you aren't going to fix it".

As far as I know, Burke has unofficially said he's in a rebuild...no sorry, officially said that. The difference is? as much as we are in a mini-slump right now, his plan has completely blown up in his face.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:10 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Wow, Martin just praised Sergei!

Took a while but at least you realized that Sergei is better offensively than Moen.
he was the best player tonight, or nobody was better than him

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:11 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

HEI GUYS!

How was the game ?!!?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:12 PM
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Was Price a top 10 goalie in the league or not that year?

Anyways i guess Columbus ****ed up with Mason too.
I guess you should read the first two words of my post. Just in case you're trying to figure them out...I said "Most goalies". That would mean that some will do well, however, when you don't have a great team in front of them, it makes absolutely no sense to bring up a young goalie and possibly ruin them.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that Columbus doesn't have as much pressure(media and fan) as Montreal.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
HEI GUYS!

How was the game ?!!?
Great game. Missed a classic.

Classic habs sucking.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

one thing that I hate right now it's Markov don't play well, I hope he will get better soon and he just need time because he was hurt .But I think Martin system don't work well with the kind of game Markov play.One thing Markov do great it's the long pass on the transition game he land alot of long pass but with Martin we all know that the forward need to play near the D-men. I think our system should be design around our best player but this year they try to protect our goaltenders with a passive system witch is fine with me when we can score some goals but the thing is it rarely work because with this system we can't score ****ing goals

and what's up with all the posters who point Markov after the lost just because he had a fight with Price a week ago get a girlfriend or something

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
believe me, i am not a fan of the 5 year plans at all. More just being facetious now that we've been through AS plan, Gainey 1, Gainey 2 (now) and potentially Gainey 3 ( or someone else).

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:14 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
They must have confused Halak for Price last night as well I guess.
Hey, the team can make mistakes no?

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Thinkbig

I'm so pissed at watching play MAB... He looks like a complete moron on the ice. Nobody wants to pass him the puck! Markov seems to hesitate before passing it to him.

He just makes the team around him worst!! I want him out of the team!

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Stradale

Quote:
"If you are not going to play with heart, stay home. We don't need you here."
So who should have stay home tonight?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Kyosuke

we might as well tank... we are 20th in the standings however we have 55 GP with everyone below us with less games played and a margin of difference of only 4 pts.. We can easily get into lottery pick and its not that bad, at least we can say we got something out of this season unlike some other teams *cough* Toronto *cough*

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I wonder what happened between the 6-0 and the game in Florida. It's like aliens snatched these guys during the night and vomited some sort of clone attrocity to replace them.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Hai ei
Wut Pricey dun deed it!??!
lolz

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:17 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I'm so pissed at watching play MAB... He looks like a complete moron on the ice. Nobody wants to pass him the puck! Markov seems to hesitate before passing it to him.

He just makes the team around him worst!! I want him out of the team!
He's not useful enough to the PP to deserve a spot up front, if he's not shooting he shouldn't be in the lineup. He's so ****ing terrible forward as he brings absolutely nothing, i'd rather we had an aggressive young guy like White or even Stewart who can fight and throw some hits and bring energy.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote