HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

MPS/Eberle/Cowen/Karlsson

Old
01-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Mach 9*

vCash: 500
Alright, nothing to argue here. I value your opinions, although I do agree with most.

I suggest you guys lock this thread before Sens fans get ahold of it , lol.

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:43 PM
tiger_80

Nah, who knows. Karlsson is already a top 4 d-man, probably has top two potential in his prime.

I think MPS is almost a lock to be a top 6 forward with a chance to be a 1st liner.

Eberle, I think will top as a good 2nd liner (50-60 point guy)--does not have size or speed to be an elite player in the league.

Cowen could go either way. He could end up becoming an elite shut-down d-man in Pronger's mold, or he could end up being a complete bust if his knee does not heal properly.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Eirhead*

It'll be harder for Eberle to overcome his size in the NHL, I say MPS has a higher potential for sure... Doesn't mean Eberle can't come in and rock it like Kane or St.Louis tho. He certainly seems to have the work ethic to be elite.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Wheatking

I don't know if MPS is being underrated or Eberle is being overrated but....MPS > Eberle rather easily.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I don't know if MPS is being underrated or Eberle is being overrated but....MPS > Eberle rather easily.
Easy, Eberle is being overrated. But he's earned it. Eberle was easily one of the best 3 forwards to come to camp, maybe management knew it was tank year and they just wanted to protect him from the negativity.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Eberle being overrated for sure. MPS before Eberle is pretty simple.

The WJC gets to much value around here. Sure when a player has a good tournament it shows that he has the potential to be good but a bad tournament means nothing at all.

All I hear about Cowen is that he had a bad WJC and was benched for a forward and it's ridiculous. His confidence was probably at an all time low with the way he was handled and we all know how important confidence is for players. His tournament had no barring on his potential and its stupid to say Cowen is gonna be a the worst of the four because of the tournament

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote