HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Deadline Deals - All Trade Proposals and Inquires

Old
01-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Didn't we reach a deal last year for Poni for simply a second....and that was with him having another year as an RFA to boot....why would we pay more now????
Wasn't this just a rumor? Or was this confirmed by a legit source?

As for Hamhuis... I still don't think we should trade him, but I would not complain at all if we did. I just don't think bringing in a new guy to fill Hammer's minutes in the middle of the season is going to work out well. Plus, just finding the right guy is going to be tricky. I don't think Klein is quite ready for the "#3" position.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Wasn't this just a rumor? Or was this confirmed by a legit source.
Both Burke and Poile mentioned in their post-deadline press conferences that they had another deal in place that was sent to the league, but determined to have arrived just a minute too late. Ponikarovsky was mentioned by Sportsnet's coverage, but I don't think either GM said who the player was or whom the deal was with...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:08 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

There are two deals in my mind which seem to be clicking in my head:

Poni + defenseman to Nashville for 1st + depending on the defenseman. With Burke giving Exelby permission to seek out a trade I could see a Poni + Exelby trade.

The other trade in my mind is a Hamhuis + O'Reilly deal to Colorado.

Don't ask me about the logic of these two trades because the deductive reasoning for them would be longer than the script for Sherlck Holmes.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:18 AM
glenngineer

What about Poni and White for Hamhuis and a second or third rounder? Pair Bouillon back with Klein and put White with Franson or try White with Klein for a while.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
What about Poni and White for Hamhuis and a second or third rounder? Pair Bouillon back with Klein and put White with Franson or try White with Klein for a while.
Burke wouldn't be interested in Hamhuis. Hamhuis only has value as a rental, unless a team trades for him believing they can sign him prior to July 1...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Burke wouldn't be interested in Hamhuis. Hamhuis only has value as a rental, unless a team trades for him believing they can sign him prior to July 1...
I tend to agree. Besides, Burke is already paying out the nose for defenders:

$4.5M for Komisarek
$4.25M for Kaberle
$3.8M for Beauchemin
$3.5M for Finger
White is likely to see a raise to the $3M range this summer, and I believe he's eligible for arbitration.

Trading Hamhuis to Toronto doesn't really save Burke any money unless he can find a taker for Finger (or makes the rash decision to move Kaberle). Throw Schenn into the mix and Hamhuis is likely a third-pairing defenseman on that team.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 03:14 PM
braindead

A few thoughts:

I think we would regret trading CalO'. While he hasn't delivered, I think he has the talent to ultimately emerge as a solid puck distributing center-- on a line with a pure shooter he could generate significant opportunities. We shouldn't give up on him if possible.

I think Chicago could actually be a good (unexpected) trading partner for Hamhuis. If they can squeeze him under the cap and shed someone that won't be kept or won't crack the lineup in the near term, he would be an excellent addition as a 4th, 5th or 6th Dman. They have been said to be looking for some defensive depth-- he could be huge for them in terms of quality/cost.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 03:42 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
A few thoughts:

I think we would regret trading CalO'. While he hasn't delivered, I think he has the talent to ultimately emerge as a solid puck distributing center-- on a line with a pure shooter he could generate significant opportunities. We shouldn't give up on him if possible.
I'm just not sure we're in a situation that would benefit him. We have three centers under contract next year, and I suspect we'll be putting Wilson up the middle next year, which leaves O'Reilly as the odd man out. If he can fetch us a useful piece, I think he's gone.

Quote:
I think Chicago could actually be a good (unexpected) trading partner for Hamhuis. If they can squeeze him under the cap and shed someone that won't be kept or won't crack the lineup in the near term, he would be an excellent addition as a 4th, 5th or 6th Dman. They have been said to be looking for some defensive depth-- he could be huge for them in terms of quality/cost.
That's a good point. Hamhuis is someone they could really use on a Cup run. I would ask for Ladd (a perfect fit with Legwand and Ward) and a defenseman not named Campbell, Keith, or Seabrook (preferably Barker or Hjalmarsson, but I could probably live with Sopel or Hendry). The sticking point is their being in the hunt for Kovalchuk, which would likely cost them Versteeg and Barker.

So we have a team of:

Sullivan-Arnott-Hörnqvist
Ladd-Legwand-Ward
Erat-Goc-Dumont
Jones-Smithson-Tootoo/Spaling
Belak

Weber-Suter
Bouillon-Klein
Defender from Chicago (unless we get Hjalmarsson)-Franson/Sulzer

Another center in favor of Goc (O'Reilly or Wilson?) would be ideal, but that's not that bad of a lineup.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 01-28-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old
01-28-2010, 04:08 PM
braindead

I'd skip the d-man as part of that deal (load up Franson and Sulzer on the 3rd pairing and get on with it) and go for a winger prospect- how far down the chain of prospects we would have to go would be interesting.

Old
01-28-2010, 04:26 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I'd skip the d-man as part of that deal (load up Franson and Sulzer on the 3rd pairing and get on with it) and go for a winger prospect- how far down the chain of prospects we would have to go would be interesting.
I don't trust Franson defensively at all, and I trust Sulzer only slightly more. Putting the two together is a recipe for disaster, even if they see less than 15 minutes a night.

If we trade Hammer, we need another blue liner headed our way if we want to stay afloat in the playoff race. Our defense will be wildly unstable otherwise. It would likely cost us some money, but it would likely be less than what we would have spent on Hamhuis.

If we wanted a forward prospect, their pickings are pretty slim. They like Marcus Kruger a lot, but Brandon Pirri or Billy Sweatt might be available. Both are decent prospects, and Pirri is tearing it up with RPI this year.

Old
01-28-2010, 04:57 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

[QUOTE=braindead;23470842]A few thoughts:

QUOTE]

The problem is that there is not spot for Cal for the Preds now or the future. Wilson is going to replace Arnott. Spaling is also a strong center prospect who might be the 4th line center of the future. The future looks like this:

Wilson
Legwand
Goc
Spaling

O'Reilly could play at Goc's spot or at the wing but unless Tootoo isn't coming back I don't see an opening for him.

Old
01-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If I were the Capitals, I would be calling David Poile for one Dan Hamhuis.

01-28-2010, 05:04 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Heh, for who? I highly doubt Semin is on the block. Nor Backstrom. If it's any other forward they will need to get more and I don't think Poile is going to take the PU PU platter of crap from Washington.

Old
01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
braindead

[QUOTE=BigFatCat999;23472794
The problem is that there is not spot for Cal for the Preds now or the future. Wilson is going to replace Arnott. Spaling is also a strong center prospect who might be the 4th line center of the future. The future looks like this:

Wilson
Legwand
Goc
Spaling

O'Reilly could play at Goc's spot or at the wing but unless Tootoo isn't coming back I don't see an opening for him.[/QUOTE]

You could be right but I view Goc/Spaling as Smithson/Fiddler/Nichol of the last few years. They play every position on the 4th line in some combo and it sorts itself out.

The future could be:
Wilson
CalO'
Legwand
Mix-n-match

I will say that the squeeze of Wilson and Arnott next year (plus Legwand/Goc) makes your scenario more likely.

Old
01-29-2010, 02:13 PM
dulzhok

Time to get creative...

Legwand (4.5)
Hamhuis (~4m next year)
Heck, maybe even Sullivan

FOR

Briere (6.3)
Girioux(.85)

You heard it hear first

Briere has a big cap hit, and has 4 years left. But, his actual salary goes down $3 and $2 in the last 2 years. Which would help our financials. Philly just needs to clear cap space and would have trouble unloading Briere to anyone. Briere is playing in a secondary role, and getting paid like a star. IMO, He'd put up a lot of point here, and has been pretty good in the playoffs.

Girioux hasn't put up big numbers yet, but I love the guy, and he's young.

Goc is 85% of Legwand and makes 5 times less

Last edited by dulzhok: 01-29-2010 at 02:18 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 02:43 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
If I were the Capitals, I would be calling David Poile for one Dan Hamhuis.
They don't really have much we can use, though. The Hamhuis-for-Fleischmann ship has long since sailed.

Old
01-29-2010, 06:16 PM
glenngineer

You know, we could trade Hamhuis for Poni and they're second round pick. Pair Klein with Bouillon. Pair Sulzer back with Franson. Play Weber and Suter 30 minutes a night like the big boys around the league play and let the chips fall where they may.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 06:17 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

What about Ray Whitney and Joe Corvo for... give me some offers .
We want picks and ready for NHL prospects.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 07:22 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

We do need to make a move, that is for sure. Possibly make a splash!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:16 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
They don't really have much we can use, though. The Hamhuis-for-Fleischmann ship has long since sailed.
I'd love to have Fleischmann on the Preds. Haven't really paid much attention but why wouldn't Hammy for Flesich work now?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:22 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I'd love to have Fleischmann on the Preds. Haven't really paid much attention but why wouldn't Hammy for Flesich work now?
Not even close. Nashville would have to give a LOT more and the Caps are pretty happy with Flash.

Old
01-30-2010, 11:24 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
It's not completely out of the question that Fleischmann scores 30 goals this season (he's on pace for 28). No way the Caps are trading him.

Old
01-30-2010, 02:02 PM
dulzhok

If we trade Hamhuis, we need to go out and get another medoicre dman somewhere. Look to Toronto, Carolina, Dallas.

Also, I think Hamhuis to Boston could be a possibility (again). Boston needs a boost. Not sure who we'd go for.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
If we trade Hamhuis, we need to go out and get another medoicre dman somewhere. Look to Toronto, Carolina, Dallas.

Also, I think Hamhuis to Boston could be a possibility (again). Boston needs a boost. Not sure who we'd go for.
I would hope we would go for Wideman if we're dealing with Boston. He's stuggled this year but so has Hamhuis. A lateral move and change of scenery that I think could work for both teams.

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:37 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stache of Shea Weber View Post
I would hope we would go for Wideman if we're dealing with Boston. He's stuggled this year but so has Hamhuis. A lateral move and change of scenery that I think could work for both teams.
There's too much risk attached to Wideman. He makes $4M next year, and $4.5M the year after that. I could see where a new club could get him motivated, but if it doesn't work, we're stuck with an $8.5M blunder.