HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#54): 1/27/2010 • Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers • 7:00pm • MSG (HD)

Old
01-28-2010, 01:19 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RothmanHockey View Post
I absolutely agree with you. I don't think they're pinning their woes on it, but I do think it wears and weighs on them. How can it not?

Same as the fact that you're happy when you win, you're just miserable when you lose. That's just how it is, especially in a hotbed like NY, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, etc.
Yeah, I think it would get to any player no matter how good their mental fortitude is. Lundqvist is one of the few players who seems immune to it and has such great concentration and focus that he is able to block it out.

It's obvious that players like Kotalik really struggle with the pressure of playing at the Garden. Lots of players don't realize that a market like NY isn't for them until it's too late. The fans here can be ruthless and it throws some players off their game.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:27 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
1) Del Zotto needs to be sent to Hartford ASAP. He has no business being cocky and nonchalant with the puck. It's a good thing when you're winning, but he acts like he owns the ice and makes terrible decisions with the puck. It gets overlooked because of his one good breakout pass and one or two good rushes.The honeymoon is over. he needs to work on his game.
Cocky and nonchalant? I don't know about that.

To me, it looks like he's just a kid who's trying to do to much out of necessity. That's a nice recipe for failure when you're a rookie dman.

Besides, I thought most of us were willing to deal with his growing pains, just to accelerate his development?

And we can't send Del Zotto down to Hartford, not until the Knights season is over.

I think the experience Del Zotto is gaining now, if literally, priceless. He's not only playing a lot of minutes, but he's playing in every situation. Against top-6 forwards too, which shouldn't be overlooked. I don't think Girardi is a good partner for Michael, either.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:32 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Yeah, I think it would get to any player no matter how good their mental fortitude is. Lundqvist is one of the few players who seems immune to it and has such great concentration and focus that he is able to block it out.

It's obvious that players like Kotalik really struggle with the pressure of playing at the Garden. Lots of players don't realize that a market like NY isn't for them until it's too late. The fans here can be ruthless and it throws some players off their game.
Kotalik struggles playing anywhere, because he's just a terrible player. He has zero hockey sense, and the only aspect of his game that is NHL-caliber is his shot. He doesn't understand where to be on the ice, he doesn't understand when and where to pass the puck, and he doesn't have any respect for the will of his opponents, because he regularly attempts to pull off advanced maneuvers that he has no business trying in this league.

He was terrible in Buffalo, too. It's why I was 100 percent against getting him this summer. It doesn't matter what building he plays in, he's just ****. His shot is the only reason he is in this league. Everything else about his game screams Euro league superstar, NHL scrub.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 05:16 AM
shon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
I def agree with this. He is more of a liability the past couple games than Redden, Rozsi, Gil or DZ He is playing the worst hockey of his Ranger career. What's up with this guy? Maybe no confidence.
I wouldn't say he has been fabulous but if you watch the Whole game he gets the puck up to the forwards time and time again and they turn it over.He is left to defend a lot of 2 on 1 and 3 on 2's because the forwards and his offensive d partner gets caught deep. I agree he needs to pick up his physical play .
I wish people would realize our d is young but does get the puck up the forwards time and time again they have no idea how to make a play .Move the dam puck and use
the points.
WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by shon: 01-28-2010 at 05:24 AM.
shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 05:53 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by shon View Post
I wouldn't say he has been fabulous but if you watch the Whole game he gets the puck up to the forwards time and time again and they turn it over.He is left to defend a lot of 2 on 1 and 3 on 2's because the forwards and his offensive d partner gets caught deep. I agree he needs to pick up his physical play .
I wish people would realize our d is young but does get the puck up the forwards time and time again they have no idea how to make a play .Move the dam puck and use
the points.
WE CAN'T SCORE GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kinda hard to do when your boys miss the net on a regular basis.

Gilroy shoots....wide.

Drury.....shanks it.

Kotalik with a slapper, wide.

Lisin in alone......shoots wide.

Can't forget the #1 misser of nets, Chris Higgins.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:09 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5717

Quote:
NEW YORK – Last year, Matt Gilroy played 45 games with the NCAA’s Boston University Terriers en-route to a National Championship. This year, the 25-year-old is on pace to play over 75 games in the National Hockey League.

Even for veterans, it’s a tiring schedule. But for rookies Gilroy and Michael Del Zotto, 19, it’s starting to take its toll.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Just started watching the game, came back from a CPR class.

How were the goals for Carolina?

How have the Rangers looked?
Classic

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
This team is all Sather. Not Tortorella.
All?

I don't know. I remember Renney getting blasted for this kind of hockey. And he didnt have Gaborik, and his players openly quit on him. And somehow it took LESS time for this team to implode on Torts.

Having said that, Slats just can't be in charge of the puzzle pieces anymore, he's done.

Old
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
"The goalies are too good." - Chris Drury

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...stgame_wrapup/

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

That must be one of the most retarded excuses I've ever heard...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

He meant the goalies in this league are too good to not have constant traffic in front of the net, basically if a goalie sees a shot hes gonna stop it in the NHL more often than not, which I agree with, but yeah at first glance I was like no way he actually said that haha.

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Hemlawk86

Torts needs to go ******* on these guys...

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:13 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk86 View Post
Torts needs to go ******* on these guys...
What's that gonna do? I'd be stunned if he hasn't gone ******* on them already, as it is.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Hemlawk86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
What's that gonna do? I'd be stunned if he hasn't gone ******* on them already, as it is.
I dunno man. They lost thier mojo and they need it back. Maybe we are throwing the season on purpose for a good draft....

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk86 View Post
I dunno man. They lost thier mojo and they need it back. Maybe we are throwing the season on purpose for a good draft....
I seriously doubt theyre doing that. As bad and uncompetitive as this team is, i dont even think they could do this. Not with Henrik and Torts in the room.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:34 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

lol, well at least it won't ruin his Valentine's Day.

Drury just keeps coming up with quotes that make you

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
"The goalies are too good." - Chris Drury

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...stgame_wrapup/

I know its taken out of context, but this has got to be one of the best Drury quotes ever.

And its DEFINITELY not ruining his weekend.
Quote:
“I don’t know what the scoring chances were but we had about 40 shots,” Drury said. “I feel we were doing the right things to get through the neutral zone. Obviously (traffic) is key thing against any goalie. It’s something we talk about before every game. It’s one of the things we’ve got to have. In this league, the goalies are too good.”
Totally taken out of context.

Old
01-28-2010, 11:49 AM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I have been to a few games this season, and if the team doesn't want a negative reaction from the fans, perhaps they shouldn't have such a lackluster start out of the gate. It's really hard for the fans to be into the game when they are already playing like crap 2 minutes into the first period.

The fans feed off of the team's energy, so if they play with little effort, they aren't going to be rewarded with cheers. I sincerely hope the players aren't trying to pin their woes on the Garden crowd because these fans are spending a lot of money to support the team. If some of the players can't handle playing in NY then they should GTFO and demand a trade.
very true and when the blue shirts starting playing hard in any particular game the crowd gets very loud and the support is through the ceiling. Plus, the home crowd are intelligent hockey fans, they know big moments and the team knows that with the crowd behind them they can actually change momentum. When the rangers are playing hard the crowd is right there behind them in an instant. It does not take much guys to get the garden fans on your side. Just go out there and never quit playing balls to the wall

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:00 PM
XLJ

Callahan had a great game. Its funny he seems to score goals whenever he is not playing on a line with Drury. How does Kotalik return and get to play on the 2nd line after being bench? I guess Torts forgot why he benched Kotalik. Dubinsky is a better center than Drury dont know why he was playing the wing and Drury was playing center.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 12:14 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothmanHockey View Post
yep, and its not their fault. We came into the season damn well knowing this. We can expect the same next yr too, unless they plan on keeping our blue line intact (ROFL). Can't believe they haven't gotten a 7th D man yet. What a mistake is was not resigning Mara.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:25 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Callahan had a great game. Its funny he seems to score goals whenever he is not playing on a line with Drury. How does Kotalik return and get to play on the 2nd line after being bench? I guess Torts forgot why he benched Kotalik. Dubinsky is a better center than Drury dont know why he was playing the wing and Drury was playing center.
Showcase? lol

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 02:28 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Showcase? lol
Some showcasing he's doing. Everytime he touches the puck he manages to screw up even more than last time

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote