HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whats The Craziest/Most Attention Seeking Thing You`ve Done In Your Lfe?

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 03:01 AM
Jeff from Maine

vCash: 500
Whats The Craziest/Most Attention Seeking Thing You`ve Done In Your Lfe?

This is a weak attempt at stopping short, taking a deep breath and posting something relaxing.

So what is the most outlandish thing/things you have done for attention or whatnot.

I`ll start...

I played in a KISS tribute band for a number of years. We played around Maine just for kicks and to get up in front of people. Also just because we loved KISS. Havnt done it for a few years now...but I am itching to do so after picking up the latest cd.

Anyone else?

Later

Old
09-23-2003, 03:35 AM
prdbsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
This is a weak attempt at stopping short, taking a deep breath and posting something relaxing.

So what is the most outlandish thing/things you have done for attention or whatnot.

I`ll start...

I played in a KISS tribute band for a number of years. We played around Maine just for kicks and to get up in front of people. Also just because we loved KISS. Havnt done it for a few years now...but I am itching to do so after picking up the latest cd.

Anyone else?

Later

Jeff I was also in a band, that covered everything and played in the Boston area for 3-4 years. I'm old now.

But the most outlandish thing I ever done was in college was on the rugby team. There is this thing called The muffin Man. Basically the rookies have to streak something public.... well it was homecoming and there were many.....many beers...drinks...Pantera involved and well ................Fly Willie Fly!!! College hockey initiations involved mohawks and eating glasss but being the muffin man is crazy!!!!

Old
09-23-2003, 05:41 AM
Jeff from Maine

Hockey Initiations

I have a few for ya... initiation type stuff, as well as regular junk that happened.

But it will without question have to be a PM thing! In no way are ANY of them fit for public consumption on this board.

Definate bannable material

Later

Old
09-23-2003, 05:52 AM
canadahockeygirl*

Pledging my sorority had me doing a couple crazy things a day. We used to initiate the rookies on sports teams in HS and in college. Unfortunately the bonds of trust can't be broken, so I can't give specifics.

Old
09-23-2003, 06:18 AM
HalsPal

Send a message via Yahoo to HalsPal
Mine involved my boyfriend at the time and the elevator at the Fleet Center parking garage.

did you guys know there are cameras in that thing? i didn't!!!

Old
09-23-2003, 06:26 AM
Jeff from Maine

Wow!

Jeepers creepers....if you leave those tourists alone they wont take pictures

Later

Old
09-23-2003, 06:42 AM
TheBigBadB

If I had a dollar for every crazy, attention getting stunt I have ever pulled, I would have bought the Bruins already by now, Heck I probably would have enough to buy the whole NHL

Old
09-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Gary

i love crazy. i'm into 'extreme sports'. i've climbed a 7800 ft (average size) mountain in B.C. and stood at a spot on the edge where if i sneezed i'd be dead-that close to a huge drop, skydived 12,500 ft tandem, snowboarded at extreme speeds over moguls, next month i'm going handgliding, and next summer a buddy and i are going to raft the ottawa river a funny thing about skydiving...thomas and i planned going for a long time and both intended on getting the video as well. he even went as far to pick out a couple songs for his-the topgun theme and 'freefalling' by tom petty. anyhow-his videographer slipped on the wing trying to film thomas leaving the plane and broke the camera against the side of the plane so he got no video. mine turned out fine and so now every once in awhile i tell him "hey, you should go skydiving-you'd probaly like it". he just glares at me. then i say "i went, and i got the video to prove it" LOL

Old
09-23-2003, 02:37 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I returned a video to blockbuster two days late, and never went back!

j/k.....there are a few, can't really mention them, but lots involve my youth, cheerleaders, married women, stolen cars, lots of alcohol, passing out in a bathtub and waking up with full blown pnuemonia, more alcohol, some "ladies of the evening", KISS concerts, and New York City.....

Old
09-23-2003, 02:48 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalsPal
Mine involved my boyfriend at the time and the elevator at the Fleet Center parking garage.

did you guys know there are cameras in that thing? i didn't!!!
Way to go!!! Great seeing you in Wilmington -

Good luck on the move - lmk how it turns out -

eightspokedb

Old
09-23-2003, 03:32 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Well this was crazy, but I don't know about attention getting...

It was when I lived in Acton. Starting from the stoplight at the Rt 27 & 111 intersection, I drag raced someone up the 111 grade heading towards Boxborough. It lasted over 1/4 mile, two GTOs. It was stupid. We crested a hill probably doing 70. Neither gave in until I backed off. He was in the left lane and in the path of an oncoming car with nowhere to go.

Kids will be kids, no changing that, but...thankfully nobody was killed.

I think I like your story better.

Old
09-23-2003, 03:39 PM
mmmBeer

I think whenever I do something attention grabbing or crazy I don't remember about it when I wake up the next day... till someone reminds me... and even then...

Old
09-23-2003, 03:52 PM
bwunderlich

hey jeff,

when i was in 6th grade 3 friends and i convinced the principal to let us dress up like kiss and we actually played "God of Thunder" for the entire school. i must say i'll never forget the look on mr crosby's face when i bit down into the bag of red food coloring and spit "blood" all over the stage . . . unfortunately freaking out a few little mites. good thing i didn't get out the butane lighter and a mouthful of fluid.

i must say, i think we were in perpetual detention that year. i have pics somewhere in a box.

Old
09-24-2003, 03:23 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
First, some background info.

I'm disabled and use a rather heavy electric wheelchair (it must weigh 200 lbs. or so). I also have various metal parts within me (two rods in my back, a plate in each hip -- Children's Hospital likes to go stainless ), so if anything drastic were to happen to me (like, say, flipping off of a porch), I'd probably die as the metal parts within me would cause damage, as would my wheelchair.

Back in my freshman year of college, I went to the birthday celebration of a mutual friend of my (now ex) girlfriend and myself. The celebration started in the backyard, but quickly went inside as rain came. In order to get inside, this friend's parents grabbed two long, but narrow and flimsy, pieces of wood to use as a makeshift ramp. As I drove up it, my right side tires slipped off. Thankfully, there were people there to hold me up as others scrambled to move that side of the ramp into a better position. I finally made it inside, although I had the crap scared out of me (not literally...). My reward for trying to be a good guest, as well as trying to impress both the friend and my girlfriend? I was forced to watch, with well-deserved horror, the movie Footloose.

The moral of the story: never risk your life when trying to impress your girlfriend -- Kevin Bacon and his angsty dancing will be the only thing to comfort you.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:44 AM
BruinsGirl

I think... a month ago when I decided to go with a group of experienced rock climbers to the Tripyramids mountain that is next to the Waterville Valley ( after the rain)...
My husband and some others returned to the camp but I thought that I had to go...(to prove to myself that I can do it)....

It was scary...Huge slippery after the rain rocks...couple of times I seriously thought I was gonna die...

Now of course I have very good memories but at that time....

Or when I was very young (I think 8-9) I was a very good swimmer for my age I loved to swim very far in the sea...Once it was stormy day and I decided to swim to the buoy which was about 100-150 m from the beach.
On my way back I was so tired because it's very difficult to swim back in the huge waves....At first you think they are helping you but then they are pulling you back! I WAS so tired and scared that when I reached the beach I couldn't talk.

Old
09-24-2003, 01:58 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine

I`ll start...

Anyone else?

Later
I've got say that the TV commercial for Holiday Inn where the 4 guys 'had such a good night sleep' they went out as KISS is the BEST commercial I have ever seen. Nothing can touch it- I laugh every time I see it. OK, Peter Criss, Ace Freeley, Paul Stanley and who my missing? There was a time when I could name all the band members to the Who, Doors, Stones, Bruce and the E Street Band, the Band, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, the Dead etc..like they were sports teams. Is it me or could Nevin Markwart have been in Kiss?

If I could pick one song to have written it would be either American Pie or Hey Jude, but I still like She Loves You and I Wanna Hold Your Hand. My buddy says thats the difference between you and me- you like the Beatles and I Want to Hold Your Hand, and I like the Stones and Lets Spend the Night Together - best Stones tune? hmmmmm.....Jumping Jack Flash with Midnight Rambler close behind and honorable mention to Waiting on a Friend.

Old
09-24-2003, 02:01 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadahockeygirl
Pledging my sorority had me doing a couple crazy things a day. We used to initiate the rookies on sports teams in HS and in college. Unfortunately the bonds of trust can't be broken, so I can't give specifics.
rats.......... :mad:

Old
09-24-2003, 02:06 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
If I had a dollar for every crazy, attention getting stunt I have ever pulled, I would have bought the Bruins already by now, Heck I probably would have enough to buy the whole NHL
I hang with a bunch of guys from work and used to tell them 'some' of the stories we used to do and although it never occurred to me, they thought some had to be fabricated because there was some wild stuff. When I got married many, many years ago these guys from work met many of my buddies and they were talking about the stories and the guys at work told me later- you have got to be kidding me; it was even wilder than you mentioned. I'd have to say my HS years in the late 70's were a bit toned down but not far off from Dazed and Confused- the movie. There were about 7 or 8 of us and we are all still alive, all but one married and all with good jobs. One has even battled with Harry from time to time over the years

Closed Thread