HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Team 990 and Tony Marinaro got ripped today

Old
01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
MrNasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
I 100% agree. Media in other cities report on fights in practice and the dressing room all the time. Why is he getting ripped for reporting on a divisive argument? He broke a story. If I'm his boss, I am sending him home tonight with a big ham. The guy is entertaining, knows his stuff, and he's got sources, which is obviously confirmed as other big time guys have confirmed his facts.

Well done Mr. Marinaro.
I rarely hear of other teams getting the dressing room arguments publicized. If I do they usually laugh it off and end of story...not in Montreal. They have to insinuate as to why this happened, think up stories that could be the "problem" and overblow the entire situation. Having the team covered by Jimmy Hollywood and Perez Hilton would be less dramatic.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:00 PM
roy munson

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
He had a scoop. Anyone else in the media would have done the same thing. At least it has to do with hockey unlike that whole Mangiola stupidity that was overblown by everyone in the Montreal media.
I'm also pretty sure that anyone else in the media would have done the same thing. That doesn't make it right.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
I'm also pretty sure that anyone else in the media would have done the same thing. That doesn't make it right.
Exactly, and if anyone else came up with the story, I would still rip on them for blowing this out of proportion. It's not about hating against Tony, it's about hating against irresponsible journalism.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
He had a scoop. Anyone else in the media would have done the same thing. At least it has to do with hockey unlike that whole Mangiola stupidity that was overblown by everyone in the Montreal media.
A scoop?

Things like that happen everyday freackin day, i play in a beer league and i don't remember the last i didn't say **** you to somebody, Marinaro was just being a rat and wanted some attention, how dumb is it to defend a guy who reports on radio a little non-important argument? You think your job is hard, imagine being a professional and having a whole city watching you, it must be hell.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
No they wouldn't, Martin Mcguire said it, they see stuff like that every day, it's common, normal. Mcguire said to him it's nothing, not a scoop and definitely not headline material.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:19 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Memo to the whole organization - want fewer of these stories? Be a better team.
That doesn't sell papers or get ratings...even the good teams got bad press here.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:23 PM
ScottFC

I listened to him everyday but now realized that he not only tries to break a story but he tries to start contravercies about the Habs very often, I can't stand that!

Here is what I wrote Tony today:

Please shut up about your so called insider information in the locker room. You are a moron and can’t understand an everyday thing when it happens, you blow up situations for nothing and it’s journalists like you that chase great young players out of town like Carey Price. Oh by the way I use to listen to your show everyday but make sure the radio is turned off now when you’re on because of all the neurotic allegations I hear on your show. I listen to and read everything about the Montréal Canadiens except for you so Please Tony Grow up and shut up you’re suppose to be a journalist and not a Soap opera writer.

Oh yeah and thank you for degrading me on the air a few months ago when I wrote you my opinion about Scott Gomez, I think you screwed up there too especially in saying that he is not a good player in the defensive zone.

Please take this e-mail as an opportunity to think twice before you speak on the air.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:24 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
A scoop?

Things like that happen everyday freackin day, i play in a beer league and i don't remember the last i didn't say **** you to somebody, Marinaro was just being a rat and wanted some attention, how dumb is it to defend a guy who reports on radio a little non-important argument? You think your job is hard, imagine being a professional and having a whole city watching you, it must be hell.
Exactly. He had a small easily negligible piece of information that he knew could be amplified if read over the air and spun just right. It brought nothing of substance other than turmoil and distractions to the team. It was straight up gossip, not a "scoop" and was brought out irresponsibly for personal gain. "The people had the right to know"? Gimme a break. The internal quarrels (which is redundant in any team sports) are none of our business.

If this story brought anything is a lesson to the players or anyone else feeding Marinaro any info to keep they're mouth shut.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
WestIslander

Quote:

Please shut up about your so called insider information in the locker room. You are a moron and can’t understand an everyday thing when it happens, you blow up situations for nothing and it’s journalists like you that chase great young players out of town like Carey Price. Oh by the way I use to listen to your show everyday but make sure the radio is turned off now when you’re on because of all the neurotic allegations I hear on your show. I listen to and read everything about the Montréal Canadiens except for you so Please Tony Grow up and shut up you’re suppose to be a journalist and not a Soap opera writer.

Oh yeah and thank you for degrading me on the air a few months ago when I wrote you my opinion about Scott Gomez, I think you screwed up there too especially in saying that he is not a good player in the defensive zone.

Please take this e-mail as an opportunity to think twice before you speak on the air.
Woah! Someone is taking this personally.

IT'S A ****ING RADIO SHOW, A RADIO HOST AND A HOCKEY TEAM, RELAX!!!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

I don't know if this was intended to be funny or not, but you appear to be taking his coment a bit too seriously yourself...

IT'S A ****ING OPINION, AN ANONYMOUS POSTER AND A HOCKEY BOARD, RELAX!!!

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
i don't always agree with what he says, but he's in the media and he covers the habs...i don't have a problem with him releasing this scoop, he's got a job to do and thats the bottom line.

i'm pretty sure the guys on the team don't give a **** about what he's got to say...and if this type of media attention troubles their play in anyway than they are not professionnals and need to learn how to be a pro...its a game but they are getting paid amounts that most people will never make in their whole life

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 05:12 PM
ScottFC

Quote:

Wooooaaahhhhhh

Relax yourself buddy, I listened to his show everyday and wrote in every once in a while with my positive opinions but i find Tony is now becoming 1 of those " break any info for fame " type of host we complain about so often in the french media and im simply writing him to express my disagreement with his journalistic ideologies... Its not like i threatened him or something!
Posted via Mobile Device

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Gary320

My deal. Tony is trying to make a name for himself. Before the whole L'Attaque en Cinq started going on, Tony was a quiet TEAM 990 sports reporter, often saying that the french media is to blame for alot of pressure on the Canadiens.

Now, he's the one doing the 'scoop' details. For me, locker room arguments are pure non-storys.. and hes just trying to get some 'fame' for posting a stupid 'unconfirmed' story.

I also think the way people are bashing him, is kinda immature as well..

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 05:20 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

I look at it this way, whether it's true or not, whether it's their job or not, anything or anyone that could potentially hurt the habs is an enemy.

Marinaro's story was selfish and I'm sure stress the players out and make it harder to play here.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I still love and respect Tony, I find hes entertaining to talk to, and very insightful, he rarely babbles ******** that I find is close to Eklund, so in my books thats epic. He had a bad day, or a bad source, or w/e it was a fopah, and forgivable.
You love and respect Tony, say, the way you do Jean Béliveau for example? If that's the case, there's a prospective love object for you on practically every corner of rue Ste.-Cathérine.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:42 PM
PacoXIII

I dont respect any of these media clowns. They should work for TMZ and not a sports network.

PacoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:44 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:

People e-mailed and called Tony, Randy and others and called Tony a moron, a joke, a disgrace to Montreal Italian's living in LaSalle etc.
Tony Marinaro on season two of Jersey Shore (E4)

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
A scoop?

Exactly. Marinaro sounded like a gossipy little rat. Sorry.

Friends and family and business partners frequently tell each other off when the heat is on.

No biggie, Marinaro.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I look at it this way, whether it's true or not, whether it's their job or not, anything or anyone that could potentially hurt the habs is an enemy.

Marinaro's story was selfish and I'm sure stress the players out and make it harder to play here.
Perfectly well said.

Let the players manage their own affairs.

When exactly did the team become a soap opera anyway?

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Tony Marinaro on season two of Jersey Shore (E4)
Haaaaaa! Perfect.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sferreira123 View Post
I listened to him everyday but now realized that he not only tries to break a story but he tries to start contravercies about the Habs very often, I can't stand that!

I'm sure you meant well, but as professional writer he'll probably catch the dozen+ spelling/punctuation mistakes, more than a handful of grammatical/contextual errors, and not likely take you very seriously (as that's all in the first paragraph alone). Good on you for speaking your mind though. Fight the power.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:01 PM
hotcarle

Funny how this story broke a week later, after a bad loss....and I can't picture Markov saying anything, much less yelling at Price.

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Bitterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

Thank sweet baby Jesus Marinaro wasn't around when we had Chelios and all the other party animals. Tony would have cost us a friggin Cup!

Bitterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
Thank sweet baby Jesus Marinaro wasn't around when we had Chelios and all the other party animals. Tony would have cost us a friggin Cup!
Well, let's be fair though. Back then a beer probably didn't cost the average fan an hour's wage, and players were probably driving Toyota Camrys and Ford F-150s to the games instead of Lambo Diablos and McLaren F1s. Turning these guys into rockstars over the years brought along all the attention and scrutiny that naturally follows fame, and you can't blame either side for that, imo.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWhammyCammy View Post
Why at they mad because he said the truth ? that's his job ... people are so "Don't talk bad about the Habs , the players will cry and crumble under pressure ... grow some balls ... 90 % of habs fan here at this board have probably low social life and are mad at every journalists and bad things that are said to the Habs teams.

People that send letter to him are losers in real life having a 15 $ an hour job who are divorced.

I like Marinaro ... at least he went to school and probably university ... not like 95 % of people that calls on the radio and can't even get a decent education of a decent social life.

retards , i'm sur this board is filled with losers also
Quoted for the lulz.
Well this post is amazing in some way. But not in a flattering way to you.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote