HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"The slide edition" Predators at Red Wings

Old
01-28-2010, 09:30 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
"The slide edition" Predators at Red Wings

Predators are sliding down out of playoff position having lost four in a row.

Red Wings are doing much the same having lost three in a row.

Who can stop the bleeding and turn things around?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:16 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4097
I bet one of these two teams wins tomorrow night

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I'll take those odds...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Seth Lake

Goc and Ward out again. Thuresson recalled, O'Reilly stays up, and Belak listed as "highly questionable" by Trotz on Thursday afternoon prior to boarding the plane to Detroit.

Thinking...

Sullivan - Arnott - Hornqvist
Smithson - Legwand - Erat
Jones - O'Reilly - Dumont
Thuresson - Spaling - Tootoo

Wouldn't honestly be that bad of a lineup. Like the energy the fourth line brings, but really need either the Legwand or O'Reilly line to step up and provide some secondary offense. We can be guaranteed that Hornqvist will chip in at least one on that top line, can't we?

Old
01-29-2010, 01:29 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Goc and Ward out again. Thuresson recalled, O'Reilly stays up, and Belak listed as "highly questionable" by Trotz on Thursday afternoon prior to boarding the plane to Detroit.

Thinking...

Sullivan - Arnott - Hornqvist
Smithson - Legwand - Erat
Jones - O'Reilly - Dumont
Thuresson - Spaling - Tootoo

Wouldn't honestly be that bad of a lineup. Like the energy the fourth line brings, but really need either the Legwand or O'Reilly line to step up and provide some secondary offense. We can be guaranteed that Hornqvist will chip in at least one on that top line, can't we?
Those are some good lines. The absence of Ward and Goc isn't the best, they are some of our better scorers, but Belak won't be much of a loss. I keep hoping Trotz will pair Hammer with someone other than Klein but I'm sure that's a futile hope. So happy Thuresson has been called up, I really like that kid. Let's hope he gets us his second career NHL goal tomorrow night.

Ellis is in goal, presumably because we have back-to-back games and he wants to keep Peks fresh.

I just hope we have enough manpower to whoop them tomorrow and take that adrenaline home to beat Atlanta.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 01:34 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
The way these 2 teams have been playing it wouldn't surprise me to see these 2 find a way to halt the game early. You know, the Joe is old, maybe some lights go out here this time.

It's a snow day, isn't this game cancelled?! I'm not worried about the game. I'm worried about the team getting back to Nashville, what with this giant storm of the century we're going to get Friday.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 01:36 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
The way these 2 teams have been playing it wouldn't surprise me to see these 2 find a way to halt the game early. You know, the Joe is old, maybe some lights go out here this time.

It's a snow day, isn't this game cancelled?! I'm not worried about the game. I'm worried about the team getting back to Nashville, what with this giant storm of the century we're going to get Friday.
I'm going to laugh tomorrow morning when I wake up and there's jack **** on the ground.

Old
01-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I'm going to laugh tomorrow morning when I wake up and there's jack **** on the ground.
Have they cancelled school yet? Having grown up in New England, I'm always amazed at the reaction to the mere threat of snow...

Old
01-29-2010, 01:50 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Have they cancelled school yet? Having grown up in New England, I'm always amazed at the reaction to the mere threat of snow...
I do believe Metro schools are canceled. I go to Belmont University but don't have class on Fridays, however many of my friends have had their classes canceled for tomorrow.

It is humorous how the south will freak out about any sort of snow threat, but I think the big thing is that we do not have the equipment to handle it and therefore there would be more accidents than up north.

Old
01-29-2010, 01:54 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Oh yes, EVERY single county in Mid. TN is closed, southern KY, most private/city schools and daycares are closed. Lots of offices are already closed.

Really, there isn't supposed to be much happening until mid-to-late morning and afternoon, evening is supposed to be when the most hits. You know how it is here, we either get snow or ice and they are calling for snow/sleet north of Nashville, sleet/ice/snow along I-40, ice/rain south of Nashville. No one is taking any chances and closing so they don't have to worry about getting kids home in the afternoon in case there is ice. Plus it's Friday, just keep everyone home for the weekend.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 02:49 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

The Detroit Red Wings foreign scout flies to Baghdad to watch a young Iraqi play hockey in the new American sponsored league and is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to the U.S.

Ken Holland signs him to a one-year contract and the kid joins the team for the preseason.

Two weeks later the Wings are down 4-0 to the Blackhawks with only 10 minutes left. Mike Babcock gives the young Iraqi the nod and he goes in. The kid is a sensation - scores 5 goals in 10 minutes and wins the game for Wings! The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the ice he phones his mom to tell her about his first day of NHL hockey. "Hello Mom, guess what?" he says in an Iraqi accent. "I played for 10 minutes today, we were 4-0 down, but I scored 5 goals and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his mom, "Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street and robbed, your sister and I were ambushed, ***** and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters and all while you were having such great time."

The young Iraqi is very upset. "What can I say mom, but I’m so sorry."

"Sorry? You’re sorry?" says his mom, "It’s your fault we moved to Detroit in the first place!"

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 07:18 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

have a bad feeling that it's five in a row tonight...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

These videos make my blood boil. I'm ready for tonight's game. Just drop the freaking puck already.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:33 AM
jstreet
Smashville

man I love that 3rd video.

Old
01-29-2010, 10:53 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Oh yes, EVERY single county in Mid. TN is closed, southern KY, most private/city schools and daycares are closed. Lots of offices are already closed.

Really, there isn't supposed to be much happening until mid-to-late morning and afternoon, evening is supposed to be when the most hits. You know how it is here, we either get snow or ice and they are calling for snow/sleet north of Nashville, sleet/ice/snow along I-40, ice/rain south of Nashville. No one is taking any chances and closing so they don't have to worry about getting kids home in the afternoon in case there is ice. Plus it's Friday, just keep everyone home for the weekend.
I'll be damned! I was proved wrong... there is indeed snow on the ground outside and it's coming down pretty hard. If I weren't lazy and wanting to stay in my pajamas, I would go out and play in it. Glad the kids will have something to play in though, all those metro schools closing leaves parents with restless little ones and nothing to do all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzneck
have a bad feeling that it's five in a row tonight...
Hey, you have to think positively. We don't need those negative vibes... besides, we are coming off of four losses, it's the Red Wings, and we usually up our game play when it's a tougher team. Keep the faith!
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
The Detroit Red Wings foreign scout flies to Baghdad to watch a young Iraqi play hockey in the new American sponsored league and is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to the U.S.

Ken Holland signs him to a one-year contract and the kid joins the team for the preseason.

Two weeks later the Wings are down 4-0 to the Blackhawks with only 10 minutes left. Mike Babcock gives the young Iraqi the nod and he goes in. The kid is a sensation - scores 5 goals in 10 minutes and wins the game for Wings! The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the ice he phones his mom to tell her about his first day of NHL hockey. "Hello Mom, guess what?" he says in an Iraqi accent. "I played for 10 minutes today, we were 4-0 down, but I scored 5 goals and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his mom, "Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street and robbed, your sister and I were ambushed, ***** and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters and all while you were having such great time."

The young Iraqi is very upset. "What can I say mom, but Iím so sorry."

"Sorry? Youíre sorry?" says his mom, "Itís your fault we moved to Detroit in the first place!"
I LOL'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post

These videos make my blood boil. I'm ready for tonight's game. Just drop the freaking puck already.
Thank you so much for these, I watched them all. The second one was excellent. Nine fights in one game! And I couldn't even keep track of all the penalties and game misconducts Yzerman had on his rap sheet by the end of that.

Also, that third one was excellent because I was there and got to relive it all over again.

We're gonna win tonight. I feel it.

LET'S GO PREDS.

Old
01-29-2010, 11:57 AM
jstreet
Smashville

well we are getting it handed to us by all the crap teams, so maybe we will be up for one of our better opponents

Old
01-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I hope we are able to pull one out of our ass before the wings get healthy ... we *need* this one tonight, like Charlie Sheen needs a hooker

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 12:36 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

I come in peace

Any word on who is starting in goal tonight, I couldn't find it in the newspaper.

Thanks guys and good luck

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 01:37 PM
jstreet
Smashville

word is that Dan Snowstorm Ellis will be wearing the funny pads tonight

Old
01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
word is that Dan Snowstorm Ellis will be wearing the funny pads tonight
Let's just hope he's not using Twitter on the way down to the arena.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Let's just hope he's not using Twitter on the way down to the arena.
so you've heard about the weather down here ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
PredsChik

That rivals video gives me chills every time. Go Preds! I woke up singing "Ready to Go". Home early, ready for the game to start.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Here are my predictions for tonight.

1. The Invisible Man shows up tonight and has a goal.
2. Hornqvist and Erat are tonight's most IMPORTANT players and they will play like it.
3. Ellis let's in two, one will be an early first period goal.
4. Trotz's eyebrows will arch menacingly FIVE TIMES
5. Sullivan assists a Hornqvist goal.
6. Jones stuffs one in from the Power Play.

Predators win 3-2 possibly in OT.

Old
01-29-2010, 02:38 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
so you've heard about the weather down here ?
Yeah but you aint gettin no sympathy from me. I'm living the snow globe that is Western NY and it's extremities falling off cold.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Yeah but you aint gettin no sympathy from me. I'm living the snow globe that is Western NY and it's extremities falling off cold.
Nice! Send all this snow to Cincy please!