Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Pikkarainen waived by Devils, loaned to CSKA

Old
01-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Pikkarainen waived by Devils, loaned to CSKA

Do you guys see this as just a temporary setback for him to get more experience in the AHL or is he in over his head at the NHL level?

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 10:40 PM
smitty10

I'm thinking he's over his head in the NHL. I've seen him play (on tv) a few times this year and he reminds me of Rickard Wallin on the Leafs. He's a boarderline NHLer who doesn't really do much out there and isn't very noticeable. He will do fine in the AHL though and theres a chance he could be back up if there is an injury or if he steps up his play. From what I've heard he needs to work on his defensive play if he wants to play in the NHL. He should get plenty of top 6 minutes in Lowell, which will be nice for him since he is used to playing on the 4th line in NJ and it will give him a chance to refine his game at a pace he is more comfortable at.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:15 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

'Janitor' Pikkarainen getting a one-way-deal was one of the biggest "huh?" moments of summer here in Finland.

Judging by his earlier performances in the Finnish Elite League, he's got nothing that'd exactly justify a place in the Devils' regular lineup... so yeah, it's kind of a miracle they didn't turn him into an AHL surplus guy earlier. Should do fine out there in the farm, though.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 10:43 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
he just signed with my team (CSKA) - puzzling signing. I can only think that it's due to us not having a power forward / tough guy...Is he of that mold? is he a player who will pay the price screening the opposing team's goalie?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote