HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phaneuf for Lecavalier

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
madmike77

vCash: 500
The last few games Phaneuf has been the Flames best Dman.

I think he logged over 27 minutes last night. The Flames do have some depth on D, but replacing those kinds of minutes - especially when he's going against top lines now - would be tough.

Old
01-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
What's he making? Without seeing the numbers I think I'd be ok with that.

Langkow seems like (and I don't follow him directly so correct me if I'm wrong) a guy that would need to play with big players to produce his numbers which Tampa has, even if Lecavalier were gone.

It would worry me a bit to not get a top line foward back but you have to give to get and I'm sure we could fill in via another trade or during the offseason from the FA pool.

Calgary downgrades at defense and improves at forward, Tampa downgrades at forward and improves on the defensive end.
Langkow makes 4.5 per... which I think is pretty average for him... the only real weakness to his game is faceoffs... as for him needing to play with big players no, not true... this season he has been with Bourque and Dawes, last season Bourque and Bertuzzi... the year before was Huselius and Nolan... his career highs were set with Iginla and Huselius/Tanguay... but for the most part Langkow has just been an excellent 2nd line center who seems to play well with everyone... but even in Phoenix and Philly he was good for 20g/50pts... he only missed his 20 gals last year because of a broken hand... Langkow is also a warrior... he player through 2 broken hands in the post season last year... in a pinch he can play 1st line minutes but is much better on the 2nd line as he isnt a true #1 centerman

Old
01-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Phaneuf's having an off year (as is the rest of the team [you'd know this if you actually watched the Flames]).

Phaneuf at his best is going to outscore Bouwmeester by 20-25 points. Phaneuf had 47 points while he had an injured shoulder, injured ribs, and for a short time a concussion. That's 1 higher than Bouwmeester's career best.

Bouwmeester doesn't provide anywhere near the offense Phaneuf does.
Lol you make it sound like we're comparing Mike Green to Willie Mitchell.

Old
01-29-2010, 04:13 PM
FuzzyTitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooooooooooxxxanne View Post
Hey now, Mitchell has a career season going, already broke his goal scoring record by 1.

Old
01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Teddy Peckman

Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Trading Phaneuf probably closes more holes than opens them, he is horrendous in his own zone, another thing, is Calgary going to be able to take on 8 million in cap space? I doubt Tampa takes Langkow as he has declined his play every year for quite some time now. at 4.5 cap hit, he's very overpaid. No way Tampa does this deal. I think Calgary should be more concerned with keeping their first round draft picks or trading for some, because the future looks ugly right now.

Old
01-29-2010, 04:57 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
I think Calgary would be all for something like

Langkow
Phaneuf

for

Lecavalier
Foster

Langkow would be a good 2nd line center for the lightning, and Stamkos I think it's fair to say he's ready to be the undisputed #1 center on that team.
they most certainly would not be all over that. they'd shoot that down.

Old
01-29-2010, 04:58 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
Trading Phaneuf probably closes more holes than opens them, he is horrendous in his own zone, another thing, is Calgary going to be able to take on 8 million in cap space? I doubt Tampa takes Langkow as he has declined his play every year for quite some time now. at 4.5 cap hit, he's very overpaid. No way Tampa does this deal. I think Calgary should be more concerned with keeping their first round draft picks or trading for some, because the future looks ugly right now.
1. no he isn't
2. no he isn't
3. no it doesn't.

Old
01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Cool View Post
1. no he isn't
2. no he isn't
3. no it doesn't.
0/3

-Phaenuf is horrible in his own end.

-Langkow is overpaid, don't let your homerism blind you at what 4.5 million in cap space can do for a team.

-The flames prospect depth is horrible, and with Phoenix having the flames 1st rounder this year, (which could end up being really high in the draft) only makes the future worse.

Old
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
0/3

-Langkow is overpaid, don't let your homerism blind you at what 4.5 million in cap space can do for a team.

-The flames prospect depth is horrible, and with Phoenix having the flames 1st rounder this year, (which could end up being really high in the draft) only makes the future worse.
don't let the bandwagon catch your tie as you jump off and drag you in the dirt as it happily attempts to leave you behind.

Old
01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
don't let the bandwagon catch your tie as you jump off and drag you in the dirt as it happily attempts to leave you behind.
Nice argument chap.

Why not try and actually use some critical thinking and make a logical statement rather than using your opinion as fact.

Old
01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Teddy Peckman

Quote:
0/3

I don't think the have a pick until the third round, and part of the reason I don't think Cowtown trades Phaneuf, is that Dion fits right in with the Sutter mentality. They've been working with the kid since he played in Red Deer, and he has the same attitude towards the media, he just seems like a Sutter player. I kind of wonder if they don't keep him because of this.

Old
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
Quote:
And you make it sound like you know what you're talking about.

Old
01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
And you make it sound like you know what you're talking about.
Jaybo > Phaneuf

I like how you said Phaneuf had battled so many injuries and still outscored Jay-Bo's career best, and then say, "oh Phaneuf is just having a down year this year... "

A strong 2 way d-man is better than a good offensive one who is a huge defensive liability.

And thats just me being reality.

Old
01-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Teddy Peckman

My basic assessment of the Flames is that one or two big moves isn't going to right the ship. Sooner or later, they're going to have to blow things up and do a proper rebuild.

Old
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
WhitecourtWolverine

Quote:
I think Calgary would be all for something like

Langkow
Phaneuf

for

Lecavalier
Foster

Langkow would be a good 2nd line center for the lightning, and Stamkos I think it's fair to say he's ready to be the undisputed #1 center on that team.
When I saw this thread, that's the exact deal that went through my head

Old
01-30-2010, 06:53 PM
eddie kea

Quote:
Yes I am aware that Vinny has a NMC, but assuming he'd be willing to waive it to go to Calgary, would this be a deal that could satisfy both teams?

Thoughts?
Phaneuf and Jokinen balances caproom equals Lecavalier

Old
01-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Why2Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
My basic assessment of the Flames is that one or two big moves isn't going to right the ship. Sooner or later, they're going to have to blow things up and do a proper rebuild.
Blowing up this team when we have no high draft picks this year is a horrible Idea.

I would not give up on Phaneuf for An overpaid Vinnie.
Vinnie is good and may be a good fit here but the ages and the salaries don't make sense. Too risky in my opinion

Old
01-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:

I'd rather not trade the guy who, imo, Sutter is going to build the Flames around in the future.
Quote:
they most certainly would not be all over that. they'd shoot that down.

Some responses in this thread are great...

Closed Thread