HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculate on the next callup (Update: Weber Called Up)

View Poll Results: will be called up
P.K. Subbanator 24 35.82%
Veber (winner!) 22 32.84%
Belle 5 7.46%
Trotter 13 19.40%
Carle 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
  #76
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,109
vCash: 500
I would have said Carle, because he is better defensively than Weber, but since he is done for the season, I guess Weber will be the one called up.

Remember that management is going to be patient with Subban, and will bring it with the big club only when he will be ready. If wont shuttle between leagues.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
  #77
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
no Weber and his 2 goals in the ahl we need more scoring
17pts in last 20gm

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:21 PM
  #78
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
no Weber and his 2 goals in the ahl we need more scoring
your wish is my command

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:22 PM
  #79
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
17pts in last 20gm
weve already seen him 3 times.

i know whats coming .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:24 PM
  #80
MontrealHabitant
Registered User
 
MontrealHabitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
now we're contenders
for Taylor Hall

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:33 PM
  #81
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
weve already seen him 3 times.

i know whats coming .
Or maybe, just maybe, he's developed. Have a little hope there buddy.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:35 PM
  #82
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
weve already seen him 3 times.

i know whats coming .
He's always been good except for his last call up where basically everybody played like ****. He had a rough start of the season overall, but he did pick it up lately so I think it's pretty deserved.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
  #83
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Or maybe, just maybe, he's developed. Have a little hope there buddy.
2 goals developing well.

i dont know about yourself but the Habs are losing games
3-1 /2-0 /6-2


scoring isnt the issue

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:40 PM
  #84
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,076
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
The *only* concern I have with Weber is his size. His shot is great, his vision is good, his rushing and passing skills accelerate with each passing year and his position improved greatly in the AHL this year. All of this, though, can be scrapped if he can't learn how to compete in the NHL with his size. I know he's not the smallest d-man around, but he sure could play little bigger than he has in the past

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
  #85
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
The *only* concern I have with Weber is his size. His shot is great, his vision is good, his rushing and passing skills accelerate with each passing year and his position improved greatly in the AHL this year. All of this, though, can be scrapped if he can't learn how to compete in the NHL with his size. I know he's not the smallest d-man around, but he sure could play little bigger than he has in the past
He just needs to learn how to play like Kris Letang defensively. Body position and good stick work.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:48 PM
  #86
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
The *only* concern I have with Weber is his size. His shot is great, his vision is good, his rushing and passing skills accelerate with each passing year and his position improved greatly in the AHL this year. All of this, though, can be scrapped if he can't learn how to compete in the NHL with his size. I know he's not the smallest d-man around, but he sure could play little bigger than he has in the past
Weber has 106 shots - 2 goals
1 goal on the power play


Subban 120 shots 10 goals
6 goals on the PP



again (we all cross out fingers Weber catches fire,but they pucks were not going in for him down on the farm)

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:54 PM
  #87
Sandvich
VERY NICE
 
Sandvich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
Weber has 106 shots - 2 goals
1 goal on the power play


Subban 120 shots 10 goals
6 goals on the PP



again (we all cross out fingers Weber catches fire,but they pucks were not going in for him down on the farm)
Hi, Weber was in the AHL to work on his defense not his offense.

Thank you for dropping by.

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:59 PM
  #88
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Hi, Weber was in the AHL to work on his defense not his offense.

Thank you for dropping by.
wtf? he took 106shots so now you goona try to tell me he wasnt trying to score????


yes we need more guys to protect the other teams lead!


example Ottawa 3 - Monteal 1 , we need to make sure Montreal doesnt score any more goals .


thank you for dropping by.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:02 PM
  #89
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
Weber has 106 shots - 2 goals
1 goal on the power play


Subban 120 shots 10 goals
6 goals on the PP



again (we all cross out fingers Weber catches fire,but they pucks were not going in for him down on the farm)
Last year he had 16 goals which was a Hamilton Bulldogs record I believe. I doubt he just forgot how to shoot properly.

By the way, you do know offence comes from assists too, right?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
  #90
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Last year he had 16 goals which was a Hamilton Bulldogs record I believe. I doubt he just forgot how to shoot properly.
forget last year.
this is this year
2 is the number
no one gets paid off of last years stats

All im saying there guys with much better numbers .
maybe that doesnt mean anything i dunno .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:06 PM
  #91
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
forget last year.
this is this year
2 is the number
no one gets paid off of last years stats

All im saying there guys with much better numbers .
maybe that doesnt mean anything i dunno .
?

Everyone gets paid based on previous years' stats.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
  #92
Hades
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
forget last year.
this is this year
2 is the number
no one gets paid off of last years stats

All im saying there guys with much better numbers .
maybe that doesnt mean anything i dunno .
Then Bob Gainey should have forgotten about Plekanec's great 2007-2008 year and traded him when he saw he sucked last year, right? Those stats mean something. He just had a bad start this year. The fact that his he took 106 shots and has only 2 goals don't mean much to me. Shots equals rebounds that often end up in goals (assists for him).

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:10 PM
  #93
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
?

Everyone gets paid based on previous years' stats.
yeah im sure Gainey would love to tell Plek that huh?

yes Thomas because you scored 39 pts last season were prepared to offer you 5 year 3.9 million


Yep ...

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:11 PM
  #94
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He just needs to learn how to play like Kris Letang defensively. Body position and good stick work.
Another good example is Erik Karlsson with Ottawa. That guy is tiny. He apparently had similar problems as Weber and got sent down to work on his defence. Apparently he's progressed tremendously.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:14 PM
  #95
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
yeah im sure Gainey would love to tell Plek that huh?

yes Thomas because you scored 39 pts last season were prepared to offer you 5 year 3.9 million


Yep ...
dude i've read alot of your posts, did you watch weber in the playoffs last year at all?

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:18 PM
  #96
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
yeah im sure Gainey would love to tell Plek that huh?

yes Thomas because you scored 39 pts last season were prepared to offer you 5 year 3.9 million


Yep ...
You said no one gets paid based on last year's stats, but that is impossible, unless you are negotiating daily contracts right after every game played. When Plekanec signs a new contract it will be based off of his stats the year previous. Do you not understand the lack of logic in your statement?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:21 PM
  #97
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
dude i've read alot of your posts, did you watch weber in the playoffs last year at all?
i watch every game.

he was back since last year playoffs, was pretty meh....or down right bla....i dont care about last years (playoffs)


heck you remember D'Agostini last year scoring like a freak on his hot streak? yea this year? NOTHING

anyways i dont live in last year.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:22 PM
  #98
habspinner
Registered User
 
habspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Lost in this argument of why bring Weber over Subban (which shouldn't really be an issue, as Subban is down for the year is my guess), is the fact that we have a defenceman playing forward. I don't care what you say about Weber, but no way is he better defensively that MAB yet, no way.

It's ridiculous - why wasn't a forward called up?

This is Martin's call all the way. The only reason I can see for this to have merit is the reasoning to have a second heavy shot on the powerplay, that's the only reason I see for this.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:22 PM
  #99
Pandemic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver. BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
yeah im sure Gainey would love to tell Plek that huh?

yes Thomas because you scored 39 pts last season were prepared to offer you 5 year 3.9 million


Yep ...
I have a great idea. Let's get Artyukhin. He can score loads of goals, while also providing that big body presence. He will be our saviour. Do it Up.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
  #100
habspinner
Registered User
 
habspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
i watch every game.

he was back since last year playoffs, was pretty meh....or down right bla....i dont care about last years (playoffs)


heck you remember D'Agostini last year scoring like a freak on his hot streak? yea this year? NOTHING

anyways i dont live in last year.

And you've watched Bulldogs games this years as well? Because if you've seen the last 30 or so games, Weber has been very solid defensively, and has worked his shot to the net to get good rebounds. He's the right choice if you are going to call up a defenseman, I just don't think the correct positional player was called up.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.