HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slats: "We're still in it". Torts and Redden hash things out.

Old
01-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Nyrvana

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion89 View Post
All this Flames attention is leading me to believe that Phaneuf might be coming to NY, but who would go to Calgary? I know they were in on the Redden race with us and they may want him there. If thats the trade they want then I'd do it but I dunno why else they would be in Calgary, thoughts?
Im sure Dion and Avery would hit up the clubs trading their sloppy seconds with each other. And I'm pretty sure no one would take Redden.

Really though, Sather can't really want to still be in it. asn't he seen what we have seen? It's time to sell, regroup and make a run at Kovalchuk, which would make us contenders next year. While also setting a realistic chance to win the cup in 2012

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Pretty sure he just means he's still in it. That bowl of ice cream...

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Im sure Dion and Avery would hit up the clubs trading their sloppy seconds with each other. And I'm pretty sure no one would take Redden.

Really though, Sather can't really want to still be in it. asn't he seen what we have seen? It's time to sell, regroup and make a run at Kovalchuk, which would make us contenders next year. While also setting a realistic chance to win the cup in 2012
Dont forget the comment was for Jarret Stoll also, wonder if he's in the mix to be a Ranger too

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:23 AM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

See everyone. Slats says everything is A OK. No worries. So now everyone can go to sleep peacefully with dreams of NYR cup parades dancing through their heads. Let the dynasty commence.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:25 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Relax, Gleny can't even make a stupid trade cause he has no cap space.
I'd be worried if we had cap space.....
Trading he's been good at. Free agent signing is what he's scary at.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:37 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Trading he's been good at. Free agent signing is what he's scary at.

I think everyone will agree he has made more good trades than bad ones......

Lets see what happens in a few days or so.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 02:01 AM
Grifter3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion89 View Post
All this Flames attention is leading me to believe that Phaneuf might be coming to NY, but who would go to Calgary? I know they were in on the Redden race with us and they may want him there. If thats the trade they want then I'd do it but I dunno why else they would be in Calgary, thoughts?
For the love of god no! No matter how bad they play and no matter how many times they get shutout I can think of only one thing that would cause me to stop tuning in to rangers games and that is if they acquired phaneuf. Redden might suck at hockey but phaneuf sucks at life. One day phaneuf will market his own brand of d**che.

He puts up points but he's selfish, terrible positionally, puts himself out of position to make hits and shows no respect for his fellow players.

I may exaggerate slightly but it's impossible for me to put into words how angered, saddened, disappointed, embaressed and disheartened I would be if phaneuf ever became a ranger. I've ner understood booing your own players but in this instance I would understand.

Grifter3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

If we somehow land Phaneuf it's not going to be for Wade EFFING Redden.

Redden is going to be waived sooner or later. That's the only way we're ever going to get rid of him, and I really do believe it's coming soon.

If we get Dion, it's going to be for Girardi or Gilroy, Sanguinetti, and 1 or 2 roster forwards who Calgary thinks can help them score goals (Kotalik, Higgins, Dubinsky, Lisin)

I'd include Callahan but as far as I'm concerned, Callahan is our captain and will prove to be our most important player after Hank Staal and Gaborik, with DZ there as well.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:05 AM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
See everyone. Slats says everything is A OK. No worries. So now everyone can go to sleep peacefully with dreams of NYR cup parades dancing through their heads. Let the dynasty commence.
Someone HAS to get Sather's face on Baghdad Bob's face.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:06 AM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Im sure Dion and Avery would hit up the clubs trading their sloppy seconds with each other.
Phaneuf would get perma VIP status at Warren 77 and all would be fine.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
If we somehow land Phaneuf it's not going to be for Wade EFFING Redden.

Redden is going to be waived sooner or later. That's the only way we're ever going to get rid of him, and I really do believe it's coming soon.

If we get Dion, it's going to be for Girardi or Gilroy, Sanguinetti, and 1 or 2 roster forwards who Calgary thinks can help them score goals (Kotalik, Higgins, Dubinsky, Lisin)

I'd include Callahan but as far as I'm concerned, Callahan is our captain and will prove to be our most important player after Hank Staal and Gaborik, with DZ there as well.
How can you speak with such realistic conviction about not getting Phaneuf for Redden, but then say its going to be for a lackluster combo of Girardi, Gilroy, Sangs, Kotalik?!, Higgins?!, Dubinsky, and Lisin?!!!!!!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 09:18 AM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
How can you speak with such realistic conviction about not getting Phaneuf for Redden, but then say its going to be for a lackluster combo of Girardi, Gilroy, Sangs, Kotalik?!, Higgins?!, Dubinsky, and Lisin?!!!!!!
One hopes it would be for a package including either Sangs or Gilroy but most likely such a trade would include Del Zotto, knowing the Rangers.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:50 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
One hopes it would be for a package including either Sangs or Gilroy but most likely such a trade would include Del Zotto, knowing the Rangers.
I'd see more Staal involved. But that's just me. Not sure I'd pull the trigger.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Trade everyone for Jerome Iginla.

Do it!

now!

Now! now

now

Blueshirt Special is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

This is the scary part. Glen, like Espo and Smith and so many Rangers GMs before him, will make a drastic, late move to save their jobs, not the team.

What Smith did in 1999 set the team up for almost a decade of failure.

We have our star power. We dont need Kovalchuk. With our luck he will blow out his knee like Bure did.

For the love of god, if he makes a move that involves trading away youth, I will seriously volunteer to go to Afghanistan just so I can keep my mind off of this miserable man.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
This is the scary part. Glen, like Espo and Smith and so many Rangers GMs before him, will make a drastic, late move to save their jobs, not the team.

What Smith did in 1999 set the team up for almost a decade of failure.

We have our star power. We dont need Kovalchuk. With our luck he will blow out his knee like Bure did.

For the love of god, if he makes a move that involves trading away youth, I will seriously volunteer to go to Afghanistan just so I can keep my mind off of this miserable man.
With your luck you will run into one of his long lost cousins Osama Bin Sather.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
nyr2417

sangs kotalik higgins 2nd rounder for phaneuf sign me up now

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
With your luck you will run into one of his long lost cousins Osama Bin Sather.

ha! They both are multi-millionaires who messed things up for their respective audiences after being put in power for their previous and outdated accomplishments.

OK, no more mentioning OT stuff. Sather sucks.

Old
01-30-2010, 01:07 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
sangs kotalik higgins 2nd rounder for phaneuf sign me up now
Terrible trade for Calgary. They need cap space.

I have a feeling Glen pulls Jokinen away from Calgary for Prospal and Higgins.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but doesnt Sather usually acquire pending UFAs at the deadline? Morris and Antro last season, Sykora in 2006, who else?

Old
01-30-2010, 01:09 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but doesnt Sather usually acquire pending UFAs at the deadline? Morris and Antro last season, Sykora in 2006, who else?
Ozolinsh

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 01:13 PM
nyr2417

Quote:

I don't think its that terrible they got higgins who is an expiring contract, they get a legit prospect and then they have a 20 goal scorer in kotalik for 2 more years at 3 mil a year.

Old
01-30-2010, 01:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Here's a hypothetical question:

Let's say there wasnt a salary cap. Would Dolan have any issues with sather signing Kovalchuk to 9 million a year and still pay redden 6.5?

I guess my point is that if Dolan has proven that money is no object in a non-cap scenario, then why would he mind paying Redden's 6.5 in Hartford to have Kovalchuk's 8.5 or 9 million here? From a cap stanpoint we would basically have to free up 2 or 3 million to get Kovy in july, which can be done by subtracting Prospal, Higgins and Girardi.

Is there any quote from Dolan or any information as to what his personal ceiling for payroll would be?

Old
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but it could be a smokescreen. Any guys we will be looking to sell aren't going to hold a ton of value. If it's clear we're selling and somewhat desperate to get rid of them, they could hold even less value.

Sather doesn't talk publicly all that much, and when he does he's usually got a reason.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
I don't think its that terrible they got higgins who is an expiring contract, they get a legit prospect and then they have a 20 goal scorer in kotalik for 2 more years at 3 mil a year.
Im looking at it form CHY's standpoint. Two years ago Dion was the most coveted d-man in the league and a shoo-in for team canada, and considered a Norris-type guy. He's struggled but is still worth a heck of a lot.

Kotalik is a bum and I think most GMs know it. If Higgins and Sangs go the other way, you might as well throw in Grachev or a 1st as well.

Old
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but it could be a smokescreen. Any guys we will be looking to sell aren't going to hold a ton of value. If it's clear we're selling and somewhat desperate to get rid of them, they could hold even less value.

Sather doesn't talk publicly all that much, and when he does he's usually got a reason.
good point