HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers sign Lukas Krajicek after clearing unconditional waivers from Tampa

Old
01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Scoopyten

vCash: 500
Flyers sign Lukas Krajicek after clearing unconditional waivers from Tampa

Cut and paste of the tweet:

philabright: TSN is reporting that the Flyers have picked up D-Lukas Krajicek off waivers via Tampa Bay. Nothing official has been announced.

Krajicek is a sixth/seventh defenseman, with a bit of puck moving ability. Guess it's good they didn't have to trade a pick to get another third pair type

Mod Edit:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/

Quote:
Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren has said for weeks that he has been looking for a depth defenseman to round out his team.

On Friday, he found one – at least for the time being.

A team source has confirmed to the Daily News that the Flyers have signed Lukas Krajicek, who played with Tampa Bay this season, to a contract.

Krajicek, an unrestricted free agent, landed in Philly in interesting fashion.

He was originally placed on waivers by the Lightning on Dec. 11. He cleared waivers on Dec. 12 and was sent to Norfolk (AHL).

From there, Krajicek played in 15 games with the Admirals. This week, he decided to leave Norfolk – his last game was Jan. 24 in Lowell – which gave the Lightning the ability to put him on unconditional waivers.

Once he cleared unconditional waivers, the Lightning were able to terminate his contract – making him an unrestricted free agent. The move relieved Tampa Bay of paying any team half of his $1.475 million contract if he was claimed on re-entry waivers.

Krajicek was due to become an unrestricted free agent this summer anyways.

Krajicek, 26, was in Philadelphia on Saturday for the Flyers’ game but did not play. He did, however, accompany the team on their charter flight to Calgary on Saturday night.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-30-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 05:58 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
If this true, I kinda saw this coming

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Wasn't Krajicek reported MIA and noone at all knew where he was?

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Cleary84

Better than OKT?

I don't know too much about this cat.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Wasn't Krajicek reported MIA and noone at all knew where he was?
Sounds like he was in the AHL and was waived outright with intentions of sending him to Europe

Old
01-30-2010, 06:07 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Not a bad pick-up if true . . . doesn't he shoot right?

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Better than OKT?

If he's at where he was a year or so ago, he's an upgrade on OKT. He's nothing spectacular, but capable of moving the puck. I believe it's a recall move, too, so his cap hit will be next to nothing.

Old
01-30-2010, 06:09 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Better than OKT?

3rd pairing guy, tall, kinda lanky (6'2", 195 lbs.). Can skate very well, but he doesn't put up enough points to be an offensive defenseman. He can pass well. Not physical at all. Basically, if Luca Sbisa turned out to be a bust, he'd be Lukas Krajicek.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
Nope, lefty shot. Good size, former 1st rounder.

Old
01-30-2010, 06:13 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1170
His agent is Petr Svoboda.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan...rts-lightning/

Quote:
Lightning D Lukas Krajicek, who was sent down to Norfolk of the American Hockey League last month, was placed on unconditional waivers Friday. If Krajicek is not claimed, the remainder of his contract could be terminated, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Krajicek, who signed a one-year contract for $1.5 million during the summer, left the team Wednesday without explanation, and if he doesn't report back that is grounds for termination of his deal.

The 26-year-old former first-round pick could finish the season in Europe or Russia, but he also would be free to sign with another NHL team.

Lightning general manager Brian Lawton did not comment on the situation, and Krajicek's agent, former Tampa Bay D Petr Svoboda, did not return a message seeking comment.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:14 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
He's an upgrade on OKT at this point. Better skater, better passer. Nothing special, but I'm happier with him back there than OKT.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

He's on the Flyers stats page:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/stats.htm

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Sounds like he was in the AHL and was waived outright with intentions of sending him to Europe
Yeah, I know, but there was a thread on the main board saying he went with Norfold on a road trip, checked in at the hotel, but come morning skate he was just gone. No one knew where or why.
Guess he's been found at least.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Krajicek I remember as someone who I wanted the Flyers to draft in 2001. I wanted them to get either him or Gleason, they ended up width Jeff Woywitka after trading down

Old
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
PF

I guess I'm the only person who thinks he might go into the line up over Bartulis (well, me and Wolfy I guess), I think he's been bad the last few personally. Also Krajicek is the same kind of player as Bartulis so it would be more of a straight switch in that case.

Either way it's not a move I disagree with, if he works - great, if not dump him back on waivers and move on.

PF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
He shoots left

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
If he's at where he was a year or so ago, he's an upgrade on OKT. He's nothing spectacular, but capable of moving the puck. I believe it's a recall move, too, so his cap hit will be next to nothing.
Not recall waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF View Post
I guess I'm the only person who thinks he might go into the line up over Bartulis (well, me and Wolfy I guess), I think he's been bad the last few personally. Also Krajicek is the same kind of player as Bartulis so it would be more of a straight switch in that case.

Either way it's not a move I disagree with, if he works - great, if not dump him back on waivers and move on.
I think it's a depth move until they find someone else. If you want to play in June, you should have at least 8 defensemen who you trust.

They don't have much to trade, so I'm sure some of us saw a waiver pickup coming.

Old
01-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
He shoots left

Not recall waivers.

I think it's a depth move until they find someone else. If you want to play in June, you should have at least 8 defensemen who you trust.

They don't have much to trade, so I'm sure some of us saw a waiver pickup coming.
Another cut and paste job from twitter:

philabright

Correction -- Krajicek was already placed on waivers. It is believed he passed through and was released, making him a UFA signing.

From my understanding, if he went unclaimed and refused to report to Tampa, he'd be a UFA, so it wouldn;t be a waivers claim.

Old
01-30-2010, 06:31 PM
PF

Quote:

Potentially but you can use Krajicek now and get Bartulis games with the Phantoms without him passing through waivers (I believe). Keeps both players playing that way.

PF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:35 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
My only question is what's his cap hit?

Edit: According to capgeek, his hit was 1.45 mil this year with Tampa. But since he cleared waivers and became a UFA, does that mean he signed a new contract with the Flyers? I pray to god they gave him no more than half of what he made in Tampa.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:35 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Another cut and paste job from twitter:

philabright

Correction -- Krajicek was already placed on waivers. It is believed he passed through and was released, making him a UFA signing.

From my understanding, if he went unclaimed and refused to report to Tampa, he'd be a UFA, so it wouldn;t be a waivers claim.
So we signed him?

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:38 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Tampa Tribune blog from earlier today:

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C189/
Quote:
The contract of defenseman Lukas Krajicek has officially been terminated by the Lightning, which makes Krajicek an immediate unrestricted free agent and eligible to sign with any team, whether it’s in the NHL or in Europe/Russia.

Krajicek, who was signed to a one-year deal worth $1.475 million on July 2, cleared regular waivers in December and was assigned to Norfolk of the American Hockey League just before Christmas. He had been playing with the Admirals until earlier this week when he packed his bags and left the team while in Hartford. Once he left the team - which did not happen out of the blue - the team informed his agent that if he did not return to the team he would be in violation of his contract and subject to having the remainder of his deal terminated. (Again, this did not just happen out of the blue).

On Friday, Krajicek was placed on unconditional waivers, the first step in the process of ending his contract. On Saturday, he cleared unconditional waivers and essentially became an unrestricted free agent. Word is that Krajicek could surface again back in the NHL sooner rather than later, with Philadelphia a logical destination. The Flyers have been on the lookout for a defenseman after Ryan Parent went down for six weeks due to back surgery, but Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren has been unable to find one via trade to this point. It just makes sends that Krajicek might find his way to the Flyers to finish the remainder of the season, which basically saves Tampa Bay about $600,000 due on Krajicek’s contract.

Old
01-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Haute Couturier

Is this our deadline move?

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:45 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Well it seems like it's going to be a prorated, veteran minimum type of deal. The cap hit should be peanuts. I just hope it's not the type of peanuts that make you throw up 1 month later when you're desperately trying to make trade at the deadline.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 06:48 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
So we signed him?
His stats line is on the Flyers' official web site. Someone put the cart ahead of the horse but that's a clear indication.

Old
01-30-2010, 06:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Well it seems like it's going to be a prorated, veteran minimum type of deal. The cap hit should be peanuts. I just hope it's not the type of peanuts that make you throw up 1 month later when you're desperately trying to make trade at the deadline.
Everything past the first day of the season is prorated. His cap hit would only be what we owe him for the rest of the season.