HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

AIK Stockholm to KHL?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
  #76
romelson
Registered User
 
romelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
The best danes/norwegians play in Sweden(apart from a few i nhl). Why not try to build something new based on already established bonds? I'd like to suggest a totally new idea. Organic growth of SEL! For instance, the danish/norwegian champions could be invited to play in Kvalserien, i.e. the annual qualification rounds to enter SEL. Then the existing league could grow at a sane pace and of course the no. of SEL-teams could be gradually increased, 14, 16, 20. Dont tear down what is well functional!! Instead use it as the basis for going forward.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 03:43 PM
  #77
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
The best danes/norwegians play in Sweden(apart from a few i nhl). Why not try to build something new based on already established bonds? I'd like to suggest a totally new idea. Organic growth of SEL! For instance, the danish/norwegian champions could be invited to play in Kvalserien, i.e. the annual qualification rounds to enter SEL. Then the existing league could grow at a sane pace and of course the no. of SEL-teams could be gradually increased, 14, 16, 20. Dont tear down what is well functional!! Instead use it as the basis for going forward.
That actually seems like a very good idea. Kinda turn the SEL into a place where players from all over Northern Europe could play/develop instead of just Swedes. Sounds like a good idea to me.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
  #78
V22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Boys U need understand that KHL need teams from Europe big citys(Stockholm,Copenhagen,Oslo) with big ice rinks but not teams like Timra,Hvidovre or Lillehammer.
Game Berlin - Milan interestented more TV watchers in Europe than Timra-Luleo.

V22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 02:37 PM
  #79
Landeskog
Registered User
 
Landeskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Burlington,On,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Could it be possible to take Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark and other league like Iceland and so on and create levels

Maybe you take the best swede and finn team make that the elite level = to KHL or NHL level, then create a AHL level using the leftover swede and finn teams plus the 2nd level league from both sweden and finland.

take the nordes,swedes,finns,danes, and icelanders and then creat different levels all the way down to junior.

create it kind of the KHL and NHL.

or you could create a Cup type tourney where the season winner,league champion and league final runner-up from sweden,finland elite leagues along with the league winner and league champs from the danes and nords top leagues and they play for this cup.

what I'd like you see happen is the League winner and championship winner from each league from across the world play in a World seires champions league

Landeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 03:42 PM
  #80
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrogren View Post
Could it be possible to take Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark and other league like Iceland and so on and create levels

Maybe you take the best swede and finn team make that the elite level = to KHL or NHL level, then create a AHL level using the leftover swede and finn teams plus the 2nd level league from both sweden and finland.

take the nordes,swedes,finns,danes, and icelanders and then creat different levels all the way down to junior.

create it kind of the KHL and NHL.

or you could create a Cup type tourney where the season winner,league champion and league final runner-up from sweden,finland elite leagues along with the league winner and league champs from the danes and nords top leagues and they play for this cup.

what I'd like you see happen is the League winner and championship winner from each league from across the world play in a World seires champions league
Well, for 1 where would they get the money from to sign all these NHL calibur players? And 2 how would they lure all of these NHL and KHL players away from their teams?

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 04:40 PM
  #81
dklap3
Registered User
 
dklap3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Herning, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
The best danes/norwegians play in Sweden(apart from a few i nhl). Why not try to build something new based on already established bonds? I'd like to suggest a totally new idea. Organic growth of SEL! For instance, the danish/norwegian champions could be invited to play in Kvalserien, i.e. the annual qualification rounds to enter SEL. Then the existing league could grow at a sane pace and of course the no. of SEL-teams could be gradually increased, 14, 16, 20. Dont tear down what is well functional!! Instead use it as the basis for going forward.
The idea is very sympathic and would probably also benefit icehockey in the Nordics as a whole more than some clubs joining KHL. HOWEVER, there's a huge obstacle with this: The current economical gap between the best Danish (and probably Norwegian) clubs and the best Swedish/Finnish are gigantic and I see no way this can be leveled so any current Danish teams would stand a chance in the long run. As I see it, the only way any Danish team(s) would be able to participate is to create one or preferably two completely new teams from scratch. As stated earlier, one in Copenhagen obviously, although they have huge problems getting an arena build, and maybe one here in Herning as a "Jutland Team" since it's the only place with a big arena.

Some might find it stupid I keep going on with these 2 Danish teams (again, same for Norway) but I think it would be a necessity to have such a local rivalry for any of them to succeed. It's nothing different than when the Swedish clubs say the want the majority of their games to be against other Swedish teams if they were to be part of a larger league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V22 View Post
Boys U need understand that KHL need teams from Europe big citys(Stockholm,Copenhagen,Oslo) with big ice rinks but not teams like Timra,Hvidovre or Lillehammer.
Game Berlin - Milan interestented more TV watchers in Europe than Timra-Luleo.
I doubt anyone outside the Nordics would even be interested in a Copenhagen-Oslo match so that wouldn't make much difference. In the ideal world and if there were absolutely no icehockey tradition in Europe, yes, then only the biggest cities in Europe should be the ones with teams. This will most likely never be a reality though. I think the idea of a strong Nordic league, wether it's as a stand alone league or as a conference of a bigger euro league/KHL is by far the best way to go.

dklap3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 05:11 PM
  #82
Alle
 
Alle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
That actually seems like a very good idea. Kinda turn the SEL into a place where players from all over Northern Europe could play/develop instead of just Swedes. Sounds like a good idea to me.
I am not sure how much insight the average North American has in this (given the difference in how sports is run), but you cannot do that without further ado in Europe. The leagues are not commerical businesses like in NA, they are run by federations, run primarily by (the interests of) its members (the member clubs (not only the Elite clubs but countless local clubs) , the hockey practitioners, for whom it exists and by whom its run). If the member clubs do not want this it cannot be done. In other words; if it doesnt benefit Swedish clubs and Swedish hockey, its not probable to happen.

If something like that were to happen, it would still be under the constant oversight of the federations involved.


Last edited by Alle: 01-30-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Alle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.