HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1-11-05: Hamilton @ Chicago

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2005, 09:01 PM
fredez

vCash: 500
My prediction : Plecanek with 2 more goals and Bulldogs wins

Old
01-11-2005, 09:02 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez
My prediction : Plecanek with 2 more goals and Bulldogs wins
That would be great!!

I say this game finishes 5-3 Bulldogs

1 goal from Ward and 2 from Locke

Old
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
fredez

Oh No. 4-2

Old
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Dan Ellis

Old
01-11-2005, 09:16 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Things are going from bad to worse for the Dogs.

Old
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
chicpea*

Unreal. Nothing seems to be going right this year.

Old
01-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Madevilz

2 shorthanded goal in the same powerplay?

now thats sad

Old
01-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
I don't know if I should be disappointed or amused by this situation.

I mean, it's fairly pathetic. Even more so since Dagenais and Ribeiro wanted to go play in the AHL and our organization didn't want them to. Oh well...

Old
01-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Erngueva

Nice to see Larrivee scores. Is anyone saw him play with the dogs, i would like some comments on how is he performing at the AHL level.

Old
01-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Why did Chicago win? Because they are smart enough to have veteran leadership that doesn't panic when they quickly fall behind 2-0. The same veteran leadership that you need to be confident enough to maintain a 2 goal lead. That's something the Dogs can't do because one Mr. Bob Gainey won't give them the right tools. Thanks a lot Bob.

Old
01-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
Why did Chicago win? Because they are smart enough to have veteran leadership that doesn't panic when they quickly fall behind 2-0. The same veteran leadership that you need to be confident enough to maintain a 2 goal lead. That's something the Dogs can't do because one Mr. Bob Gainey won't give them the right tools. Thanks a lot Bob.
one bad season, so what, these guys will grow together. Sure another vet like Ribeiro would be great, but if hes not there, theres probably a good reason for it.

Old
01-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

You know, it's funny, most people on this board tell me to relax and lay off the Canadiens as they're doing this for the future and things will get better. But, then I read a game thread like this about how frustrated everyone is about how the team can't hold leads and win the close ones that they should win. You people are hundreds of miles away watching most games on TV or listening to a radio and are feeling frustrated, imagine how I feel sitting a few rows away from these games.

Old
01-12-2005, 01:13 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
You know, it's funny, most people on this board tell me to relax and lay off the Canadiens as they're doing this for the future and things will get better. But, then I read a game thread like this about how frustrated everyone is about how the team can't hold leads and win the close ones that they should win. You people are hundreds of miles away watching most games on TV or listening to a radio and are feeling frustrated, imagine how I feel sitting a few rows away from these games.
In your shoes, I would be pissed as you pay to see a hockey team play and expect them to do all possible to win. Hab fans, I imagine are more concerned with the Higgins and Plekanec's of the world playing at key times and making and learning from mistakes. I guess that's always the conflict of minor league sports. I suspect baseball is worse where a guy hitting a buck 93 will keep getting his ab's while a veteran established minor league hitter is on the bench. Fans here get frustrated because with no NHL, you just want to hear about your team winning, hopefully with our prospects putting up numbers while you leave the house hoping to see your team win,period. Not really fair to the 'Dogs fans but understandable. Also, I guess the veterans on th eteam like Morgan and Ward aren't really delivering what was expected. If they were, the issue might be irrelevant.

Old
01-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Darz

I would of loved to seen the Bulldogs bring in a guy like Ribeiro who could help this team win some games.

I mean I'm all for developing prospects, and not filling the roster with a bunch of established NHL'ers, but if adding one player could help this team make the playoffs, I think the playoff experience would be invaluable to our prospects. Also by adding only one player I don't think it would reduce the ice time for our prospects by that much, and if one 4th liner, who recieves limited minutes in Hamilton has to go to Long Beach and receive quality minutes there, I see nothing wrong with that as well. It's great thay Higgins, Kostitsyn, etc. get to play during the regular season, but some playoff seasoning could really help in their development as well.

I think if Ribeiro was a better leader, hard working, team first type player, I think Montreal would of been in favour of him playing in Hamilton, but......

01-12-2005, 06:09 PM
AK-47

The chicago wolves are one of the oldest teams in the league. There aren't that many prospects on that team. Most of the guys aside from Lethonen aren't that young at all. Furthermore, Steve Maltais and Greg Hawgood were born in the 60's. They have alot more experience at the pro level.

Closed Thread