HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dion Phaneuf to the Rangers

Old
01-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Salvage21

vCash: 500
Forget about Phaneuf.. I want the Rangers to go after Regeher.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
How? Rozsival would be going bye bye, that gets him under the cap.

And then a player, a prospect, and a pick would be gutting our roster?
Rozsival's $5MM cap hit compensates for Phaneuf's $6.5M cap hit? Where is that extra $1.5MM coming from? So now you've added more salary to a cap situation that is already in horrible shape, and you'll be moving additional roster players to even out the value in talent. How do you replace those guys? Say it's Dubinsky; now you've lost your top-line center and have nobody to replace him with next season because Anisimov is not ready and Prospal isn't returning without a significant raise.

So you've given up a solid young player (probably multiple players), sacrificed cap space, and will potentially lose out on being able to retain youth because you've handcuffed yourself financially with another huge contract. All for what? So we could bolster a position that isn't even our greatest need? No thanks.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:01 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Don't want Phaneuf, you'd have to overpay for a player who's value is above his ability.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Feel The Heat

vCash: 50
Phaneuf is not going to be traded. Not today not tomorrow not in the near future.

The only way Phaneuf gets traded is if Sutter gets an offer he can't refuse or Sutter is gone himself.

Feel The Heat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:18 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
Lol Avery and Phaneuf on the same team

Crazy

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Phaneuf for Kalinin, Dawes, and 2nd?

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 05:28 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Is Sarich on the block?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
eddie kea

i dont see calgary trading with new york unless it is a threeway with tampa bay with lecalvalier comming 2galgary

eddie kea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
...you've handcuffed yourself financially with another huge contract. All for what? So we could bolster a position that isn't even our greatest need?
I'm not saying I think Phaneuf is coming to NY but the Rangers can certainly use a physical defender and a second PP point option. Phaneuf fits that bill and he was one of the Rangers top players on their draft board in his draft year. If I remember right he was #4 (Phaneuf's was the only name I remember being able to see listed in one of the Rangers draft shows).

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
I'm not saying I think Phaneuf is coming to NY but the Rangers can certainly use a physical defender and a second PP point option. Phaneuf fits that bill and he was one of the Rangers top players on their draft board in his draft year. If I remember right he was #4 (Phaneuf's was the only name I remember being able to see listed in one of the Rangers draft shows).
I'm not saying he wouldn't be useful, I'm just saying additional defenders are not as pressing as an impact forward.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:58 AM
eddie kea

Well as a Flames fan if was to trade Phaneuf i would want at least Marc Stall with David Moss going to N.Y but that aint gonna happen cuzz cap issues on both teams that is also why i think CGY N.Y.R trade is unlikely 2 happen i think there is alot of hidden interest for Phaneuf because of comparisons too Scott Stevens its just [Dions] defensive game aint great cuzz he pushes in too deep in offensive zone you have 2 remember that Scott Stevens defensive game wasnt all to great in Washington then went to St.Louis and blossumed then went to New Jersey and became great defenceman so as New Jersey as my second team would like too see Dion Phaneuf go there

eddie kea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:14 AM
BluelineHammer

Rangers can't afford to send multiple players to Calgary for Dion even if they move out the $$$. They have only 10 forwards and 4 defensemen signed for next year and are commited to 48.6mil on the cap already. What are they going to do, bring up 4 or 5 players up from Hartford just to fill the roster?

BluelineHammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluelineHammer View Post
Rangers can't afford to send multiple players to Calgary for Dion even if they move out the $$$. They have only 10 forwards and 4 defensemen signed for next year and are commited to 48.6mil on the cap already. What are they going to do, bring up 4 or 5 players up from Hartford just to fill the roster?
Grachev+Byers (forwards)
Sanguinetti+Heikkenin/Sauer(defense)

Grachev's the only player who hasn't played an NHL game yet. He won't need much seasoning in Hartford though.

Not suggesting the Rangers can, or can't trade for Phaneuf. Just pointing out that we definitely have the players to promote from within if the opportunity presented itself.

And there are are number of ways Sather can create Cap space, if need be. Did he not just flip Gomez into Higgins/McDonagh a few months ago, when everybody assumed Gomez had negative value?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm not saying he wouldn't be useful, I'm just saying additional defenders are not as pressing as an impact forward.
I do agree, but adding Phaneuf adds a new threat to the team, opens up the ice, changes the power play, and bolsters our already young d-corps.

For Phaneuf

Grachev
Lisin
Kotalik
Sanguinetti
1st 10'
2nd 11'
If you want Redden or Rozsival, take them, otherwise, waive one.

Last edited by t3hg00se: 01-23-2010 at 11:55 AM.
t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:36 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
I do agree, but adding Phaneuf adds a new threat to the team, opens up the ice, changes the power play, and bolsters our already young d-corps.

For Phaneuf

Grachev
Lisin
Kotalik
Sanguinetti
1st 10'
2nd 11'
If you want Redden or Rozsival, take them, otherwise, waive one.
seriously? If you are throwing all that in there for Deion, why not offer gaborik too, lol. I nominate this as the worst overpayment idea ever.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Keep it simple

One of Rozy or Redden between $5-6.5 cap hit
2010 1st round pick
Choice of Higgins or Lisin

For Phaneuf and McGrattan

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:46 PM
nitz

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Actually, Calgary offered him 3.5 at first, went as far as 4 and then dropped out of the bidding at that point. Nice try though.

Calgary doesn't want any of what would have to be salary coming back from the Rangers.
Actually, I heard that they started at 7.5 and they couldn't agree on the length of the contract.
Look at me, I can spout out "facts" that nobody can check as well!

At least be prepared to back up your claims, especially when you're making them in such a smug matter.

nitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:59 PM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
Phaneuf for Kalinin, Dawes, and 2nd?
Done deal! Sather finds a way to make it happen!

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 07:18 PM
bscharf

trade

even if phaneuf somehow comes to the rangers, theres no way the rangers give up dubinsky, anisimov and del zotto, their future away in the deal.

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote