HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey's Future in La Presse

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Hockey's Future in La Presse

Once again, Hockey's Future was mentionned in La Presse. Today, in the Sports Section, page S3, article by Mathias Brunet.

The article goes like this:

Speaking of Kotstitsyn, he is the best Habs prospect according to the most recent ranking done by Hockey's Future, a website about NHL prospects. Perezhoghin and Higgins are 2nd and 3rd while Chipchura went from the 7th to the 4th spot on the list. Corey Locke went from 14th to 8th and Hainsey dropped 3 spots to be at the 9th.

Congrats!!!!

Stefan

Old
01-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Darz

More props for Dan!!!

01-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Mathias Brunet rocks, he's one of the best french speaking sports journalist covering the habs. His articles are almost always well researched and he doesn't fall into the typical bandwagons other sports writers do.

Old
01-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe
Mathias Brunet rocks, he's one of the best french speaking sports journalist covering the habs. His articles are almost always well researched and he doesn't fall into the typical bandwagons other sports writers do.
No wonder "his articles are well researched" - he gets all his insights and analyses right here! I wonder what his username is. Mathias, Hé Ho, Mathias, où es-tu?

Old
01-12-2005, 09:04 AM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe

He's the best BAR NONE, english or french. If he comes here once in a while, I'll take this opportunity to tell him how good of a job I think he's doing. Keep up the good work Mathias.

Old
01-12-2005, 10:13 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Once again, Hockey's Future was mentionned in La Presse. Today, in the Sports Section, page S3, article by Mathias Brunet.

The article goes like this:

Speaking of Kotstitsyn, he is the best Habs prospect according to the most recent ranking done by Hockey's Future, a website about NHL prospects. Perezhoghin and Higgins are 2nd and 3rd while Chipchura went from the 7th to the 4th spot on the list. Corey Locke went from 14th to 8th and Hainsey dropped 3 spots to be at the 9th.

Congrats!!!!

Stefan

Thanks for the heads up. Has HF been named in LaPresse in the past? Glad to see since Brunet is the only writer I think highly of. He seems to be one of the few writers that takes the time to cover our prospects in depth.

Old
01-12-2005, 10:27 AM
LePoche69

Speaking about good or bad journalism...

I couldn't care less about Jean Perron and 110%, but yesterday, he said that he knows from good sources that their is "under the table" and secret negociations between the owners and the NHLPA... For what it's worth... But I asked myself, why Perron would talk about that if it's not true? I mean, I don't think this guy perfectly knows everything he's talking about, but I don't think he's a liar either...

and as a matter of fact, if Bettman is talking about a more "hard" luxury tax, and if Goodenow is talking about a "wider" salary cap, in other words : if they both try to reach a middle range agreement, isn't it normal that they do it away from the medias, considering everything they said before? I mean: How can they publicly admit to backtrack on their initial positions?

Old
01-12-2005, 10:28 AM
LePoche69

Oh!, and BTW, congrats Montreal! It's a well deserve honnour to be cited in La Presse by Brunet...

Old
01-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Awsome...

Feels great to be a part of this sight, but man must Dan ever feel good for being the one responsible for the rankings!

Old
01-12-2005, 10:46 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
No wonder "his articles are well researched" - he gets all his insights and analyses right here! I wonder what his username is. Mathias, Hé Ho, Mathias, où es-tu?
It's not me ... s :blush

Old
01-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Gros Bill

I agree, congrats to Dan. Nice to see that your work is appreciated in other places, in addition to right here. Keep up the good work.

Old
01-12-2005, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69

I couldn't care less about Jean Perron and 110%, but yesterday, he said that he knows from good sources that their is "under the table" and secret negociations between the owners and the NHLPA... For what it's worth... But I asked myself, why Perron would talk about that if it's not true? I mean, I don't think this guy perfectly knows everything he's talking about, but I don't think he's a liar either...

and as a matter of fact, if Bettman is talking about a more "hard" luxury tax, and if Goodenow is talking about a "wider" salary cap, in other words : if they both try to reach a middle range agreement, isn't it normal that they do it away from the medias, considering everything they said before? I mean: How can they publicly admit to backtrack on their initial positions?

I'm 100% sure that there are secret negociations happening, it won't become public, because this is a media realtions war as much as it is a labour war, neither side wants to lose faith towards the public, but more importantly, towards their own associations...

Old
01-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Thanks for the heads up. Has HF been named in LaPresse in the past? Glad to see since Brunet is the only writer I think highly of. He seems to be one of the few writers that takes the time to cover our prospects in depth.
There was an article before last year playoffs abouth this website. I remember posting a message about it.

Old
01-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Mike The Wall

Coming from the Sports world Matias is new school and I totaly respect this guy. And Dan way to go.

Old
01-12-2005, 02:33 PM
chicpea*

My french isn't so great so can someone tell me if Brunet mentioned Cooperalls by chance?

Old
01-12-2005, 04:11 PM
jojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
And to think we lost Mathias Brunet's powerful insight on this board when db23 was banned.

Old
01-12-2005, 05:23 PM
EaGLE1

Yvon Pedneault also had a nice article in the papers today. He's talking again about the lockout and say that players are in a lose-lose situation. He say that it is Bettman who is in charge, having the biggest part of the bat... and i agree with that.

Dan & HF staff

Old
01-12-2005, 07:28 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69

First let me congratulate Dan, it's well deserved! And I also think Brunet is the only french journalist that actually cares about our prospects and goes in depth.

Secondly, about what Jean Perron said, I must say it's pretty interesting. For what it is worth, I was listening to "Bonsoir les sportifs" last night on CKAC 730, and QJMHL follower Marc Lachapelle said he was told from a pretty solid source that there really were secret negociations at the moment. It's not like I think it's true though... I'll believe it when I'll see it. But he did say that Bettman and Goodenow are considering the possibility of starting the season on Monday, February 1st. The schedule would be of 36 games according to Lachapelle's source. And consdering this journalist is not known for making such kind of affirmations, I'm starting to gain some hope.

Last edited by didjuicythat: 01-12-2005 at 09:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old
01-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
...I will add that today McGuire on the team 990 said he got a call from someone high up in the NHL hierachy and that person was optimistic about the negotiations and McGuire seemed pumped up about it. Maybe there is some ''back-channels'' negotiation going on..

Closed Thread