HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#55 - 01.30.2010 | New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes | 8:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Old
01-30-2010, 09:59 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

vCash: 500
Henrik isn't sick guys. He just didn't want to get humiliated.

01-30-2010, 10:00 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemanftwr View Post
its tough to dislike pru, even though his dive cost us the game.
It did? I thought it was the lack of effort, scoring and the fact that the Rangers only seem to play 7 minutes per game.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:02 PM
iamaranger

Send a message via AIM to iamaranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
redden to hartford, rozsival to the press box

staal-sanguinetti
del zotto-girardi
heikkinen-gilroy

bah, what's the use anymore?
sangs is hurt...

iamaranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:04 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

The best NHL jersey's are the Original Six. Bias but that's what I think.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:07 PM
McMonster

I don't understand how Torts has no problem benching Kotalik or Redden but REFUSES to bench Rozsival. This guy is absolutely horrendous and everybody can see it except for Torts.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:09 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserShot28 View Post
I don't understand how Torts has no problem benching Kotalik or Redden but REFUSES to bench Rozsival. This guy is absolutely horrendous and everybody can see it except for Torts.
He did it one time lol.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:10 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
It did? I thought it was the lack of effort, scoring and the fact that the Rangers only seem to play 7 minutes per game.
Exactly, like what is everyone here smoking?

Pru leaves it all on the ice, the guy gives more in one shift than most of this team has given all season. It's really a joke. There's role players every good team needs, thats what makes them good, its called depth. Prucha is one of those guys. I knew he was going to do well anywhere else but here. Happy he was traded.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
So, here is my question. If Hank gets someone else sick, say a defenseman, who the hell is going to play in their place? Wouldnt you have thought that with the flu bug going around Sather and Torts would want to at least bring someone, anyone?
Boyle ....might as well he's not scoring as a forward.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Emptyvoid

Oh boy Torts is pulling **** out his ass in this press conference

And i can't blame him one single bit

Edit: "Prucha runs into the stick and looks like he was shot"

haha

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
OverTheCap

Rozy takes 3 penalties, one of them just a horrendous call, and everyone attacks him yet he wasn't even our worst defenseman tonight, not by a long shot.

Del Zotto was brutal, and Redden and Girardi weren't much better.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Can someone explain to me why phoenix didn't get called for icing? they were on the freaking PP.

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

The early breakdowns were the biggest killers for us tonight... Letting in a goal during the first 5 minutes seems to be a trademark by now.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:15 PM
NYR Viper

MDZ and Girardi were -3 at the end of the 1st and people are calling for Rozsival to be benched? Doesnt make sense

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:18 PM
nikzherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Can someone explain to me why phoenix didn't get called for icing? they were on the freaking PP.
pretty sure it hit del zotto's stick.

nikzherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:31 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzherdev View Post
pretty sure it hit del zotto's stick.
Looked like it went down the ice clean.Maybe its just me.

Old
01-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Nubbin

So it's Prucha's fault we lost the game now. Ok Torts. Good job. There ya go. Let's blame the team that wins for the lose. i think that's the objective, no torts? His press conferences are getting tiresome. I can't blame him for this mess but he needs to stop adding to it and speak the truth. The team stinks. Leave it at that.

Now what? What happens after we get our ***** handed to us by the Avalanche? Do we just walk in the the staples center and lose there too? I am not sure what Glen Sather's motives are this time. Start doing something already. Send Redden and Roszival to the minors and bring up two youths. Who cares. You are paying the contracts regardless. What does it matter where they play if they suck? I don't get him. Break this **** up already. It's not working. Dubinsky and Callahan are nothing more than 3 liners. I know no one wants to hear or believe that, but that's the outright truth. if you think these are two players you build the team around then get ready for another 54 year drought.

I hate this team.

Nubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:32 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserShot28 View Post
Umm because there are only six defensemen.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
Does it really matter anymore?

Old
01-30-2010, 10:34 PM
ThirdEye

You can point at Del Zotto all you want, but in the end you can't blame a 19 year old for not adjusting to the NHL in half a season. Most players need two to three of AHL before they are even given a look at the NHL level. No he's probably not NHL ready right now, but too bad - the risk was taken and now we the team has to be patient and bear the consequences.

This team right now is the definition of a lottery team. They need that god damn pick. Can anyone imagine watching this same pathetic team next season again?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Nubbin

I've watched this pathetic team since I was born. Why stop now.

Old
01-30-2010, 10:41 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Just back from the rink with a few observations. Haven't read the thread but I'll try to touch on a few key points.

Players I though played well tonight include Avery, Anisimov, Gilroy and Gaborik. Gilroy has really got a lot of poise and he is competiting better than he was earlier this year. And he is carrying Redden. Wade was invisible tonight. Not horrible, just invisible. Kind of reminds me of the guy in Hoosiers who no one pass the ball to.

And Avery got a great ovation after the warmup. When he came off the ice, he gave his stick to a punk rock gal in a Ranger jersey. The Ranger fans gathered at the bench really appreciated his gesture.

Del Zotto had a real tough first period. He seems to be very hard on himself and it isn't a lack of effort but I'm wondering if he isn't getting a little worn out. Typical of rookies at the 50-60 game mark. I niorticed the coaches trying to givve him instruction and encouragement on the bench. He's trying to do an awful lot.

Rozsival took two awful penalties (Prucha's dive not included) but he wasn't bad when he wasn't incarcerated. Staal was very quiet.

And Chad Johnson looked like he was in his 3rd NHL game. Couple of bad ones. I noticed some notes about Henrik possible being sick tonight. Was this talked about on TV? He looked like death during the warmup and went off early and I didn't see him on the Rangers bench the couple of times I checked.

Nice crowd, just short of a sellout. It was Teppo Numinnen night so that helped and there were a lot of Ranger fans, but nowhere near as many out of town fans as the Red Wings or Blackhawks draw. But part of the story is that there is actually some hockey excitement here in Phoenix. The Coyotes now have 69 points and if they play .500 hockey the rest of the way, they will have 96 points and almost certainly make the playoffs. Of course, the downside is that 17 of their last 27 games are on the road.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:43 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
And Chad Johnson looked like he was in his 3rd NHL game. Couple of bad ones. I noticed some notes about Henrik possible being sick tonight. Was this talked about on TV? He looked like death during the warmup and went off early and I didn't see him on the Rangers bench the couple of times I checked.
He has the flu supposedly. If that's true, then I don't know how he will be able to make even one start on this roadtrip.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:43 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
Does it really matter anymore?
Attaboy thats the sather mentality. Oh well we lost im going to smoke a cigar cya tomorrow

Old
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Just back from the rink with a few observations. Haven't read the thread but I'll try to touch on a few key points.

Players I though played well tonight include Avery, Anisimov, Gilroy and Gaborik. Gilroy has really got a lot of poise and he is competiting better than he was earlier this year. And he is carrying Redden. Wade was invisible tonight. Not horrible, just invisible. Kind of reminds me of the guy in Hoosiers who no one pass the ball to.

And Avery got a great ovation after the warmup. When he came off the ice, he gave his stick to a punk rock gal in a Ranger jersey. The Ranger fans gathered at the bench really appreciated his gesture.

Del Zotto had a real tough first period. He seems to be very hard on himself and it isn't a lack of effort but I'm wondering if he isn't getting a little worn out. Typical of rookies at the 50-60 game mark. I niorticed the coaches trying to givve him instruction and encouragement on the bench. He's trying to do an awful lot.

Rozsival took two awful penalties (Prucha's dive not included) but he wasn't bad when he wasn't incarcerated. Staal was very quiet.

Nice crowd, just short of a sellout. It was Teppo Numinnen night so that helped and there were a lot of Ranger fans, but nowhere near as many out of town fans as the Red Wings or Blackhawks draw. But part of the story is that there is actually some hockey excitement here in Phoenix. The Coyotes now have 69 points and if they play .500 hockey the rest of the way, they will have 96 points and almost certainly make the playoffs. Of course, the downside is that 17 of their last 27 games are on the road.

On MSG they said that Hank has a bad case of the Flu and that he did not even return to the bench after the 1st period. I would be surprised if he plays tomorrow.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 10:52 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
So it's Prucha's fault we lost the game now. Ok Torts. Good job. There ya go. Let's blame the team that wins for the lose. i think that's the objective, no torts? His press conferences are getting tiresome. I can't blame him for this mess but he needs to stop adding to it and speak the truth. The team stinks. Leave it at that.

Now what? What happens after we get our ***** handed to us by the Avalanche? Do we just walk in the the staples center and lose there too? I am not sure what Glen Sather's motives are this time. Start doing something already. Send Redden and Roszival to the minors and bring up two youths. Who cares. You are paying the contracts regardless. What does it matter where they play if they suck? I don't get him. Break this **** up already. It's not working. Dubinsky and Callahan are nothing more than 3 liners. I know no one wants to hear or believe that, but that's the outright truth. if you think these are two players you build the team around then get ready for another 54 year drought.

I hate this team.

Torts blamed the Prucha penalty for the loss?

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote