HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Changing your flex

Old
01-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
I'm 6ft3in and weight roughly 220 and play mostly D.

Playing D means I take a lot of low hard shots.

I used 85 flex sticks for a while and found that my shots weren't very heavy coming off the stick.

Since moving over to a 100flex stick with a Forsberg curve (not much curve) I've noticed a world of difference in how much better my shot is. I've found the biggest problem in finding sticks is almost 90% of them have wicked curves on them.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

I used 85 flex sticks for a while and found that my shots weren't very heavy coming off the stick.

Since moving over to a 100flex stick with a Forsberg curve (not much curve) I've noticed a world of difference in how much better my shot is. I've found the biggest problem in finding sticks is almost 90% of them have wicked curves on them.
Wow we could use the same sticks! I'm a 100 flex user too ... my favorite curve though is that Getzlaf thing everyone hates.

You are looking for a 1/2" depth curve or something right? I do not see many blades relatively straight these days I agree and a lot of them have a curve but most are not too ridiculously deep I thought anyway.

The Modano/Zetterberg/St.Louis curve pattern is basic and not very deep maybe that one would work for you?

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:41 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
The Getzlaf is nice, one of the only square toes i can find these days.

Dont see why many people would hate it, its a basic heel curve 1/2"

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:17 AM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

I used the Forsberg curve, I found that I had an incredible slap shot with it, but I use a One95 with a Staal curve and that is also a good curve for slap shots.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote