HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Green Suspended Three games by the NHL

Old
01-30-2010, 10:28 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Yeah the hitting certainly isn't team wide extreme like we see in the playoffs. That usually fades after the first few games though. And thats probably for the best; our players will just get injured bringing that game now. And, why should we change what we are doing now come playoff time? If you see a Flash trying to destroy guys in the playoffs, it wont last. And he probably wont be scoring goals.

Was there tons of hitting in the Pens series? I dont remember much. I remember coming out like gang busters hitting the Rags early in that series. Maybe my memory is clouded. But things have been taken to the next level, regardless if it resembles a playoff style to me.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 01-30-2010 at 10:35 PM.
RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:29 AM
LetsGoBears

vCash: 500
3 games…what a ****ing joke.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:36 AM
txpd

Seems to me that Brooks Laich and Mike Knuble were backing up the league on the suspension. I am not going to sweat it. I just expect that anyone rocking a Washington player with a similar head shot gets the gate as well. I will hold my anger til I am told the Washington player was asking for it by being too casual.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:53 AM
LetsGoBears

Here is the thing… Yes the NHL finally has to pull theirs heads out of their ***** given recent events. It is the right thing to do. Now that being said… What really pisses me off is they go above what they normally give right off the bat. Now add on the fact that this incident probably isn't even in the top 20 as far as "bad hits" this year.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:42 AM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Green led with his elbow and dished out a dirty hit that could have seriously injured Frolik. Green also let his emotions get the best of him after being smoked by Stillman and tried to make a big hit out of something that wasn't there.
3 games is fine. I hope he learns his lesson.

That being said, I think the reason he got 3 games even though he doesn't have a prior record is due to all the negative publicity concerning the Cormier incident. No problem then. As long as the clowns that run the NHL are consistent in the future. A player's prior history or whether the player was seriously injured should not matter. A head shot is a head shot. The precedent has been set.
Unfortunately, after the Cormier incident dies down it'll probably be back to the old ways in the NHL.

It's the only way I can explain to myself the reason that Gonchar got off Scott free for a much, much worse elbow and Jovocop only got 2 games twice for some pretty vicious elbows. It's either that or quite a bit of favoritism in the NHL front offices and I am trying to stay away from conspiracy theries.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Here is the thing… Yes the NHL finally has to pull theirs heads out of their ***** given recent events. It is the right thing to do. Now that being said… What really pisses me off is they go above what they normally give right off the bat. Now add on the fact that this incident probably isn't even in the top 20 as far as "bad hits" this year.
It wasn't even the dirtiest head shot in the game. I'd say the crosscheck to Laich's face was much worse.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:58 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
It wasn't even the dirtiest head shot in the game. I'd say the crosscheck to Laich's face was much worse.
Thats true, but......something......

Old
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoman View Post

the leagues disciplinary measures will always be confounding so long as inept persons are making the decisions.

makes for some good interwebz fodder though...
nothing makes me more happy then when i read office space references.

as for the suspension, it's a little steep.

bottleCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 05:08 PM
pgreene

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

One down, one win. They definitely miss him on breakouts, though.

The next two are on the road against teams needing points. Good challenge, even if both have struggled of late. Boston has lost seven in a row, NYR five in a row.

Drake1588 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 07:14 PM
txpd

boston and nyr have got to start winning or they will be out to lunch. with so many teams in the mix they dont have much more room for error. ottawa has seperated themselves now and none of the teams from 6 down will be catching them.

boston is on the verge of a coaching change. rangers could be too. torts could quit out of frustration

Old
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

What a nice middle finger to the NHL the last 3 games have been.

Go get them Green with those checks but tuck that elbow in.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote