HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 way trade involving one of Montreal's goalies!

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2010, 09:46 AM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I have no problem with Eklund as long as I'm not forced to visit his site to get the rumors.
I never click on the link when it's an Eklund rumor
You clicked on this one

And why not? These rumours are a great escape from the dismal season we are suffering through.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
Then gladly do it. If I want to know about Eklund, I know his website ; tired of seing his name at the begining of half the rumors threads on HF. He's not the onyl ****ing hockey blogger in the world.
When you think about it, it might be the best solution. For everybody that hates to see him getting more hits, having 1 guy report the news on HF doesn't make it more hits for him. Only 1. We might even consider having a Eklund reporter. So that we'd be sure we hear about his fun stuff AND to be sure we don't give him too many hits. As far as not polluting HF with tons of Eklund threads, I might be flame for this, but we might even consider a sticky for it. Anybody who hates him, will just delete that thread and will never hear about it. Everything who likes it either because they think he will eventually be right OR just for the purpose of a discussion, will have access to it on the 1st page.

Some might consider it way too much to give a sticky too him but the thing is that the "phenomenom" exists and trying to avoid it like it doesn't understand is not too close to reality.

At best, Eklund is just a subject provider. Take his rumor and start a discussion with the names he's providing. Pretty harmless.

I don't think he's knows a whole lot of stuff and the only day I believed he proved his worth, was 2 years ago at the UFA period. I was actually impressed by how many signings he had before the others. Since then, the trades and even the last UFA period was not that stellar so my point about him is that while he might have "some" contacts, he is indeed using that fact to fabricate other stuff. But again, subjects that he's providing to start a discussion, if only that, are not that much worst than 3 threads on a guy who never wanted to come here, or the Price vs Halak thread or all these other interesting threads we've had around here.

I believe that having a sticky is the way to go. Less hits for him, a thread with some possible nice discussion for the ones interested, a little "X" to click on if you never want to see a Eklund thread ever again....

Old
01-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
You know what I'm getting tired of? Posts like this that contribute nothing to the conversation.

I guess I'm going to have to start banning all the posters that just don't have the intelligence to ignore threads containing Eklund's name in the prefix.

If you don't like Eklund, stay the **** out of the thread. Or I'll gladly remove you.
How about giving us an option to immediately add threads with eklund to our ignore lists? Because it's almost a daily occurrence, having to ignore his crap.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Careful. Personal attacks at members of HFBoards is strictly against the rules.

Just sayin'.
I don't get this...

Old
01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
You clicked on this one
No. I meant clicking on the link that leads to his site.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Another Eklund update

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...ounced/1/25903

Updated...The Maple Leafs are working multiple deals, have scheduled an 11:30 press conference and will announce at least one deal (likely Giguere) but hope to have more done by then...

Today will be quite the day for Leafs fans...stay right here.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
When you think about it, it might be the best solution. For everybody that hates to see him getting more hits, having 1 guy report the news on HF doesn't make it more hits for him. Only 1. We might even consider having a Eklund reporter. So that we'd be sure we hear about his fun stuff AND to be sure we don't give him too many hits. As far as not polluting HF with tons of Eklund threads, I might be flame for this, but we might even consider a sticky for it. Anybody who hates him, will just delete that thread and will never hear about it. Everything who likes it either because they think he will eventually be right OR just for the purpose of a discussion, will have access to it on the 1st page.

Some might consider it way too much to give a sticky too him but the thing is that the "phenomenom" exists and trying to avoid it like it doesn't understand is not too close to reality.

At best, Eklund is just a subject provider. Take his rumor and start a discussion with the names he's providing. Pretty harmless.

I don't think he's knows a whole lot of stuff and the only day I believed he proved his worth, was 2 years ago at the UFA period. I was actually impressed by how many signings he had before the others. Since then, the trades and even the last UFA period was not that stellar so my point about him is that while he might have "some" contacts, he is indeed using that fact to fabricate other stuff. But again, subjects that he's providing to start a discussion, if only that, are not that much worst than 3 threads on a guy who never wanted to come here, or the Price vs Halak thread or all these other interesting threads we've had around here.

I believe that having a sticky is the way to go. Less hits for him, a thread with some possible nice discussion for the ones interested, a little "X" to click on if you never want to see a Eklund thread ever again....
I'm definitely open to your suggestion Whitesnake. Here's my idea:

I'm going to create a thread with a poll asking the question. "Should a sticky thread be created to hold ALL Eklund rumours?

I'll leave it open for a couple of days. Whatever the majority decides is what we'll do.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I don't get this...
Calling someone directly a clown, is an insult. It may not be as bad as most other words, but it's still attacking someone.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:

I'm going to create a thread with a poll asking the question. "Should a sticky thread be created to hold ALL Eklund rumours?

I'll leave it open for a couple of days. Whatever the majority decides is what we'll do.
Now that makes sense, and would be much easier to implement than my idea, which would require code writing, no doubt.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Per Eklunds latest blog

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-today/1/25903

"Also Montreal has a deal in place that could go down today."
We supposedly had one that would go down 2 weeks ago Monday.

if the habs are involved in a deal other than a goalie, I could see either Laraque being traded(IF a team wants him and he wants to go, I assume he would go just about anywhere to stay in the NHL) and another "contract dump" comes back...or D'agostini gets moved for a 3rd or 2nd similar to the Garbovsky and Chichura deals.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:56 AM
rbmacleod

I don't post much in hear, but i'll say one thing, if you people don't like Eklund then don't read his POSTS. Remember this is pure speculation in hear & some pretty good entertainment. The odd time some people actually get it right. Sad how so many peole

Old
01-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Fine with me. I expect this to be beaten by a lot though. I didn't have a whole lot of success with my "suggestions" since I'm here....probably 0-120..... But most definately, this is for the majority, so we'll stick with their decision.

Old
01-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Ok the poll has been set up. I've set the time limit to vote for 2 days.

Old
01-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmacleod View Post
I don't post much in hear, but i'll say one thing, if you people don't like Eklund then don't read his POSTS. Remember this is pure speculation in hear & some pretty good entertainment. The odd time some people actually get it right. Sad how so many peole
And a stuck clock is right once a day - doesn't make it useful.

Put them all in one thread - then you can read your fantasy world stuff, and the rest of us can deal with the team.

Old
01-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Mats NAslund

I don't get all the complaining? The thread tittle has EKLUND in it.....Don't open the thread. Really it's that simple!

Old
01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

All I want is somebody who can play defence on this team.... its been a problem all season long....

Old
01-31-2010, 10:09 AM
MrNasty

He is probably right about Giguere and Toronto...Giggy is not at the team practice this morning.

Old
01-31-2010, 10:13 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
He is probably right about Giguere and Toronto...Giggy is not at the team practice this morning.
Yeah I'm 95% sure its Giguere

Old
01-31-2010, 10:14 AM
walsy37

Quote:

Great idea - whether people are sick of every third thread being an Eck thread (particularly around trade deadline time) or not - at least there won't be a logjam of threads for every tweet/rumor he posts. It will lessen the number of threads which I believe is a goal of the forum in any case.

Old
01-31-2010, 10:17 AM
CrazyShea

What I don't understand is whenever anyone else posts a rumor (like sevil i think that's who it was) they need a link or proof that they have sources. But Eklund has his own tag and only requires to post a link to his blog. The dude is never right about anything but yet still carries more credibility than anyone else here. Then people defend him and say it's fun to talk about, well if it's so fun to discuss his rumors wouldn't it be just as fun to discuss to discuss their rumors? Talk about double standard

Old
01-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I don't know why some people are so negative, I love Eklund! He may post some BS and do things for hits but it's one of the most entertaining sites that I visit!

Old
01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Kid Dynomite

Eklund is comic relief.
Simple as that.

Old
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
What I don't understand is whenever anyone else posts a rumor (like sevil i think that's who it was) they need a link or proof that they have sources. But Eklund has his own tag and only requires to post a link to his blog. The dude is never right about anything but yet still carries more credibility than anyone else here. Then people defend him and say it's fun to talk about, well if it's so fun to discuss his rumors wouldn't it be just as fun to discuss to discuss their rumors? Talk about double standard
You'd have to talk to an administrator about that. We (Mods) don't make the rules.

Old
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I don't get all the complaining? The thread tittle has EKLUND in it.....Don't open the thread. Really it's that simple!
Is public flatulence ok simply because I wear a sign that says that I'm about to fart.

Old
01-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Habs

Did Eklund predict the big Toronto trade?

Closed Thread