HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dal/Tor

Old
01-29-2010, 08:15 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
No to everything in here.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Rune Forumwalker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Deal!!!

Then Dallas can trade their 2nd round pick and Kris Barch for Schenn and Gustavsson
Or more likely it would be a 2nd for Kris Barch.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
You know, you're absolutely right.

The players Burke brought in over the summer to "help" the Leafs, bring far more to the table.

I love it when people are completely blind to the stats Ribeiro produces, and continue posting the same tired videos, as if that outweighs his talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Sweet. Way to be "that" guy.

The answer to the OP is a no from Dallas.
Everyone has seen those clips. Brian Burke (likely) included.

Burke just finished year one of his overhaul. He's trying to change the identity of this team - he want's a big, strong, and tough team that is hard to play against.

Currently, the team is still pretty far away from what Burke is looking for. In other words, he just began building the identity of this team.

With this in mind, can you see him trading for Mike Ribeiro? A guy who has a league-wide reputation for diving.

As I said, those clips are the (rather obvious) answer to your question.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

As bad as this thread has gone I'll try my luck

To Dallas:
Grabovski
White

To Toronto:
Ribeiro
3rd'10

Dallas does look a little full at the defensive position so I don't know if one of them would need to come back to make it work. With White's raise it should work about the same cap wise as Ribeiro's salary alone.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Has everyone forgotten what Ribiero has done since coming to Dallas?

Kaberle alone isn't worth Ribiero because of their contracts. Please people White and Grabovski? Are you serious? Why would Dallas accept the equivalent of Robidas and Tom Wandell in return for a guy who except for injury this year has average over 50 points per season and between .73-1.09 pts/game.

Don't misunderstand me Ian White is a good defensman God knows Dallas could use him but Grabovsky isn't that great and in a few years I'm not sure he's superior to Tom Wandell anyway.

These two teams aren't great trade partners unless Kaberle is willing to waive his NTC and sign and extension before a deal is made which I can't see happening.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Has everyone forgotten what Ribiero has done since coming to Dallas?

Kaberle alone isn't worth Ribiero because of their contracts. Please people White and Grabovski? Are you serious? Why would Dallas accept the equivalent of Robidas and Tom Wandell in return for a guy who except for injury this year has average over 50 points per season and between .73-1.09 pts/game.

Don't misunderstand me Ian White is a good defensman God knows Dallas could use him but Grabovsky isn't that great and in a few years I'm not sure he's superior to Tom Wandell anyway.

These two teams aren't great trade partners unless Kaberle is willing to waive his NTC and sign and extension before a deal is made which I can't see happening.
This.

If Kaberle committed to staying in Dallas, then I'd toy with the idea of a deal involving him and Ribeiro, among other pieces. But right now it isn't worth it.

01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Everyone has seen those clips. Brian Burke (likely) included.

Burke just finished year one of his overhaul. He's trying to change the identity of this team - he want's a big, strong, and tough team that is hard to play against.

Currently, the team is still pretty far away from what Burke is looking for. In other words, he just began building the identity of this team.

With this in mind, can you see him trading for Mike Ribeiro? A guy who has a league-wide reputation for diving.

As I said, those clips are the (rather obvious) answer to your question.
Yeah, I get that everyone has seen those two or three clips of Ribeiro. He also watches plenty of hockey so I'm sure he's seen similar things from virtually every skill player in the league. The fact of the matter is that Ribeiro does not dive any more than the average skill player, but his name has been a target for people since the whole "fish out of water" incident against Boston. Erego a snowball effect, and people look for him to do it and post nice little clips on youtube. The thing is, those same recycled ones are pretty much it. In all the time since the fake spearing incident, which was an embarrassment to hockey, those few clips are the same ones over and over and over and over again. If he does it so often then surely there would be 10 minute montages around of him diving constantly. The thing is, there aren't.

I don't disagree that Ribeiro is not a Burke "type" player. And I fully understand his trying to change the makeup of the Leafs. But Phil Kessel isn't exactly a big, beefy, mf'er and he gave a hell of a lot to suit him up in a Leafs uni. So, Ribeiro being of interest to a team with no #1 center is not only possible, but probable. Furthermore, Burke saw plenty of the real Mike Ribeiro (read: years after fake spearing incident) as the GM of a division rival. Last season alone Ribeiro's line against ANA was 6gp 4-8-12. Again, the recycled clips are tired and old, and really have no bearing on who Mike Ribeiro is as a player 5+ years after his most famous incident. He's grown up quite a bit since then. It's too bad a lot of hockey fans haven't.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 07:44 PM
hextall86

Quote:
Originally Posted by number11 View Post
To Tor: ribeiro, niskanen, 1st

To Dal: kaberle and stajan

Great deal for the 2 teams!!

hextall86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextall86 View Post
Great deal for the 2 teams!!
A 1st for a player who will not resign with Dallas and will return the the East after the season?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 08:13 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
A 1st for a player who will not resign with Dallas and will return the the East after the season?
To be fair, I think Kaberle is signed through next season as well. But still, one season isn't worth it.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 11:05 AM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Yeah, I get that everyone has seen those two or three clips of Ribeiro. He also watches plenty of hockey so I'm sure he's seen similar things from virtually every skill player in the league. The fact of the matter is that Ribeiro does not dive any more than the average skill player, but his name has been a target for people since the whole "fish out of water" incident against Boston. Erego a snowball effect, and people look for him to do it and post nice little clips on youtube. The thing is, those same recycled ones are pretty much it. In all the time since the fake spearing incident, which was an embarrassment to hockey, those few clips are the same ones over and over and over and over again. If he does it so often then surely there would be 10 minute montages around of him diving constantly. The thing is, there aren't.

I don't disagree that Ribeiro is not a Burke "type" player. And I fully understand his trying to change the makeup of the Leafs. But Phil Kessel isn't exactly a big, beefy, mf'er and he gave a hell of a lot to suit him up in a Leafs uni. So, Ribeiro being of interest to a team with no #1 center is not only possible, but probable. Furthermore, Burke saw plenty of the real Mike Ribeiro (read: years after fake spearing incident) as the GM of a division rival. Last season alone Ribeiro's line against ANA was 6gp 4-8-12. Again, the recycled clips are tired and old, and really have no bearing on who Mike Ribeiro is as a player 5+ years after his most famous incident. He's grown up quite a bit since then. It's too bad a lot of hockey fans haven't.
This is where I think you are wrong. Plenty of players dive, sure. I can't think of any player that does it as flamboyantly as Ribeiro. Well, other than Hasek, I guess.

But hey, maybe you are right. It's true that Burke will tolerate softness from his top offensive players (hence the Kessel trade). Although, since he already has Kessel, I can't see him adding Ribeiro on the same line. That is, unless he has a big, mean mother****er in mind to round out the line...

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote