HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#55 - 01.30.2010 | New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes | 8:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Old
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I didnt see the game, but from watching the highlights, Del Zotto and Johnson have a little work to do.

In glad Gaborik finally got a goal though, and Avery using that release which is his best asset.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:00 PM
McMonster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderJoe View Post
Umm because there are only six defensemen.
were better off with five if that means Rozsival is on the bench

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserShot28 View Post
were better off with five if that means Rozsival is on the bench
No, really we're not.

Team would be better off with Semenov than no dman at all.

Old
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
You can point at Del Zotto all you want, but in the end you can't blame a 19 year old for not adjusting to the NHL in half a season. Most players need two to three of AHL before they are even given a look at the NHL level. No he's probably not NHL ready right now, but too bad - the risk was taken and now we the team has to be patient and bear the consequences.

This team right now is the definition of a lottery team. They need that god damn pick. Can anyone imagine watching this same pathetic team next season again?
Mike Green's first 2 NHL seasons combined...
92GP 3G 12A 15P
Mike Greens age those first 2 seasons, 20, and 21 years old.

MDZ's first NHL season thus far.
55GP 6G 18A 24P
MDZ's age this season 19

MDZ has 200% the goal production, 150% the assist production in 60% of the games played at a younger age.

MDZ is having an OUTSTANDING season, make no mistake about it. He is a kid and will make mistakes, these are things you have to live with...people talking about a rebuild who can't accept MDZ's production as nothign short of outstanding are kidding themselves.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:08 PM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
No, really we're not.
In what way does Rozsival contribute to this team?

Old
01-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
In what way does Rozsival contribute to this team?
If you don't know already you're beyond hope and I wont bother explaining it to you. Go join Offdacrossbar and Dagoon as people with irrational hatred of serviceable players.

Old
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
If you don't know already you're beyond hope and I wont bother explaining it to you. Go join Offdacrossbar and Dagoon as people with irrational hatred of serviceable players.
What am I not seeing?

-He turns the puck over nonstop deep in the zone
-He cannot complete a pass (I've seen him make 2 good outlet passes in the past 3 years)
-Forwards consistently blow right past him and get to the net
-Takes ridiculous penalties
-Refuses to get involved physically

What does he do right? Please enlighten me.

Old
01-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
What am I not seeing?

Rozsival is ranked 7th(tie) on the team in terms of giveaways, in the NHL he's ranked 252nd (tie)
Quote:
-He cannot complete a pass (I've seen him make 2 good outlet passes in the past 3 years)
absolutely absurd.
Quote:
which would probably show up in his +/- one would think, but he has an even rating for the season,
Quote:
5th on the team in penalties...i would actually tend to agree with this.
Quote:
9th on the team in terms of hits.
Quote:
a lot.

he plays a pretty sound all around game. Defense is the hardest position to play in teh NHL. almost every mistake you make results in a scoring chance or a goal. even the best defenseman in the world is going to make a mistake or 2 every single game. a wrong read, being caught flatfooted, going for a pokecheck instead of a hit, missing a hit and giving up a breakaway, pinching and not getting the puck...the line between being a good defenseman and a bad defenseman is razor thin.

IMHO Rozsival is a solid 2nd pairing defenseman.

hes being paid as a top pair defenseman.

thats our problem. hes a 3 million dollar guy getting paid 5 million bucks. hes overpaid, but not NEARLY as much as Drury or Redden.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
What am I not seeing?

If you want to speak in absolutes like that, this probably isnt the game for you.

Hows that for being enlightened?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 02:01 AM
NYR MacTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Henrik isn't sick guys. He just didn't want to get humiliated.
nah he is sick... sick of playing on this poor excuse of a team.

NYR MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:01 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

This team is really 1 or 2 rental players away from making an impact.
I really hope Slats pulls the trigger on a few big-name UFAs to be so that we can at least sneak in as a 7-8 seed. I couldn't bear being without playoff hockey!!!! First round exits be damned....

01-31-2010, 03:10 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
This team is really 1 or 2 rental players away from making an impact.
I really hope Slats pulls the trigger on a few big-name UFAs to be so that we can at least sneak in as a 7-8 seed. I couldn't bear being without playoff hockey!!!! First round exits be damned....

I'll have a pound of whatever you're smoking. This team is so far from "making an impact". The way you acquire "big name UFA-to-be" players at the deadline is by shipping off youth and other legitimate assets. Shipping off youth and assets with a team this bad, on the gamble that MAYBE we could make an impact is EXACTLY what this team DOESN'T need. We need the complete opposite - patience. Patience to let the youth we have develop and grow a winning team the right way.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:12 AM
coogz13

Send a message via AIM to coogz13
you guys are all retarded...its hockey for god's sake, this team isnt doing **** this year, next year, or the year after that. poor moves were made by sather, the players we have are mediocre and overpaid... and thats just the bottom line.

blame the players all you want...but hear me out..if we were to change our name with the vancouver canucks and analyze our roster as if we were looking at the vancouver canucks roster, we'd immediately ***** the vancouver canucks as a borderline playoff team with no shot in hell at success for the next few years.

lets face it; drury, redden, kotalik, avery, lisin, prospal, callahan, dubinsky, anisimov, christensen, higgins...who in the hell fears any single one of these players? there isnt a physical attribute that any of these guys posses that another team doesnt have or can't compete with.

this is a bad team. our gm is bad, our coach is an overglorified .500 guy who happened to win a cup and outside of a few players, we don't have any distinguishing attributes.

this has been beaten to death over the last couple weeks but you all need to read it an accept it for what it really is. this team isnt going anywhere. enjoy the wins and don't get so ****ing worked up over the losses.

it's hockey for ****s sake, these guys are making more than you ever will in your life to play a game. who gives a **** about them outside of the fact they're an entertainment business.

you guys remind me of the same type of fans who get worked up over WWE matches.

just have fun when you can and stop caring so much, maybe we'll see a cup eventually, maybe not...it's really not that important.

coogz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 03:50 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Oh boy Torts is pulling **** out his ass in this press conference

And i can't blame him one single bit

Edit: "Prucha runs into the stick and looks like he was shot"

haha
If Prucha's dive cost us the game.. that means it was a GOOD PLAY BY HIM.

Please torts... That ****'s not even funny anymore, now it's just embarassing

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 04:01 AM
KRM

Was expecting a blowout after the third goal, at which point I turned the game off. Must say I'm a little impressed that they managed to get back within one.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 05:33 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Was expecting a blowout after the third goal, at which point I turned the game off. Must say I'm a little impressed that they managed to get back within one.
Yeah I did the same thing, they didn't look like they were trying too hard and the yotes were just cutting through our D like they were butter. But I am glad to see they almost made a comeback. As far as the penalty at the end and I have not seen it so I will not say much, but Torts was asked about penalties and he explained his feeling on the Prucha one and well I don't think that is complaining, I think it is more so expressing his feeling about it. It is very possible that Prucha didn't see the stick and was looking for the puck and he skates hard and fast all the time and so it may have hurt a lot, but I haven't seen it so I'm just speculating.

The D that played in the 2nd and 3rd need to play that way in colorado tonight right away in the 1st and throughout the rest of the game. And the goal by Gabby I loved the play by Christensen I think you need to leave him with Gabby and either move prospal around or leave him there w. them.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:09 AM
bubba5

They made a comeback because the yots saw how bad this team is and they relaxed a bit. This team is horible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant wait until June when we screw up another draft pick!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:17 AM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
92GP 3G 12A 15P

55GP 6G 18A 24P
MDZ's age this season 19

MDZ has 200% the goal production, 150% the assist production in 60% of the games played at a younger age.

MDZ is having an OUTSTANDING season, make no mistake about it. He is a kid and will make mistakes, these are things you have to live with...people talking about a rebuild who can't accept MDZ's production as nothign short of outstanding are kidding themselves.
man this is absolutely 100% true during a rebuild. Fans who want the rebuild have to get used to games like the one last night. MDZ will have a few more like this

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I don't mind losing and not making the playoffs with a young back line, but when you have vets on the back line making dumb dumb plays and not playing more physical thats what frustrates me and they team does not seem united at all, I think the right trade for the right player will make this team more united, and i would have no problem packaging up both redden and rozy and possibly a forward and one draft pick to somewhere for a good offensive physical dman and then bringing up someone from hartford

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Anyone else notice over the years how opposing players always get their first career goals, first goals of the season, first goal in 65 games against us? Who says we don't have an identity?

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Just thought I'd comment on something:

I'd like to compare Del Zotto's struggles to Tavares'. I know, two different players, two different expectations(kinda).

The problem with both the NYI and NYR is that the teams assembled around these players are borderline pathetic - therefore, the onus on these young players to perform above capabilities as they continue to learn becomes tiresome.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 12:30 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
92GP 3G 12A 15P

55GP 6G 18A 24P
MDZ's age this season 19

great post!

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote