HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Attendance figures as of 12/28

Old
12-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 500
Home Attendance figures as of 12/28

Just got done crunching the Home Attendance figures and the numbers are starting to pick up.

http://coyotes.azvibe.com/2009/12/28...es-as-of-1228/

Old
12-28-2009, 07:14 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Removing the outliers(2 worst and 2 besT), I'd say they have leveled off, not really picked up. I don't think after Saturday alone we can claim they picked up.

For fun....
Raw data:

outliers removed:

If anything the Yotes appear to be down from their game 6-10 streak of averageness

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Removing the outliers(2 worst and 2 besT), I'd say they have leveled off, not really picked up. I don't think after Saturday alone we can claim they picked up.

For fun....
Raw data:

outliers removed:

If anything the Yotes appear to be down from their game 6-10 streak of averageness
I actually was referring to the last time I ran these numbers. The Average attendance wasn't up by much but it was up...

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Thanks for the charts and data! Charts are good for those "visual learners"

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:51 AM
yakko

In other words...

No news. Check back later when there is.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
The 16K + we had on Sat is least a sign that this Arena can be filled but more still has to be done.
C'mon in Ice Edge or someone to keep the team here.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:09 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
The 16K + we had on Sat is least a sign that this Arena can be filled but more still has to be done.
C'mon in Ice Edge or someone to keep the team here.
That's true. It's also hopeful since they actually played a good game in front of a big crowd this time. Perhaps that will encourage some of them to come back and see another good game.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:43 PM
jmichael7753

We got three huge draws coming in this week. Vancouver always draws big no matter what day it is. Then san jose Thursday, a huge divisional game on new years eve always draws a big crowd and then finally on Saturday the red wings come to town.

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 12:44 PM
goalie311

Well the count, according to NHL.com, for last night's game vs. the Canucks was 13,976. Not bad.

Hopefully this number stays high - I guess word got out about their 10 game home winning streak.

goalie311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Predictions for the next 2 home games!

New Years Eve vs SJ 15561
Jan 2 vs Detroit A sellout including all standing room only spots.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-31-2009, 04:57 AM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
We got three huge draws coming in this week. Vancouver always draws big no matter what day it is. Then san jose Thursday, a huge divisional game on new years eve always draws a big crowd and then finally on Saturday the red wings come to town.
I have noticed that too. Why are there alot of Canucks fans when the Nucks play down there? Are there alot of people from Van that moved to Arizona?

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 05:18 AM
white_tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
I have noticed that too. Why are there alot of Canucks fans when the Nucks play down there? Are there alot of people from Van that moved to Arizona?
It is a combo of snowbirds and people that just come down for vacation and a game. Same for the Flames. I know several groups that I see every time either team is here that make the trip down from Canada just for the games and a few rounds of golf

white_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 09:42 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
It's a big city full of transplants. Most people here are from somewhere else. Toronto / Montreal / Calgary / Vancouver / NY Rangers / Detroit games are usually pretty busy.

This is also why we're pretty confident this can be a successful market. There's obviously a lot of hockey fans around. If the team starts making the playoffs regularly, a lot of those fans will jump on the bandwagon. Even on this board, a lot of Yotes fans have 2 favorite teams. Nothing wrong with that.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 10:15 AM
JavJav

I live in Chandler and i see ALOT of Canadian license plates around this time of year.

JavJav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
This is also why we're pretty confident this can be a successful market. There's obviously a lot of hockey fans around. If the team starts making the playoffs regularly, a lot of those fans will jump on the bandwagon. Even on this board, a lot of Yotes fans have 2 favorite teams. Nothing wrong with that.
It also helps that people seem to like it when the little guy pulls through. If they make the playoffs, I'd play that card for everything it's worth, and then some--the plucky underdog, so to speak, with a legitimate chance to win, if their regular season record is any indication.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 11:52 AM
RR

Quote:
It's a big city full of transplants. Most people here are from somewhere else. Toronto / Montreal / Calgary / Vancouver / NY Rangers / Detroit games are usually pretty busy.

I've talked to several "visiting" fans at the Job the last two weeks and most have already bought tickets to upcoming games, not just involving their hometown team. Many said they stopped coming years ago because the Coyotes sucked so bad, but they always came to support their team.

Mixed up logic IMO -- don't show up at other games, lose your opp to see your team if Yotes leave -- but whatever. The improved play this year is getting noticed by hockey fans who are stepping back up. Let's hope the trend continues.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_tiger View Post
It is a combo of snowbirds and people that just come down for vacation and a game. Same for the Flames. I know several groups that I see every time either team is here that make the trip down from Canada just for the games and a few rounds of golf
I would also add, and I have talked to a few over the years, it's cheaper for CAL, EDM, and VAN fans to fly down here for a vaca and attend a game in Glendale than in their home markets.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 01:52 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
I would also add, and I have talked to a few over the years, it's cheaper for CAL, EDM, and VAN fans to fly down here for a vaca and attend a game in Glendale than in their home markets.
I know you or someone else have mentioned that before, but how does it add up exactly? Round trip flight is about $240, so for a lower bowl ticket in Glendale, not including hotel, you're already talking about at least $300 per person here.

I just looked on stub hub, you can find lower bowl center ice tickets for the Phoenix game in Vancouver coming up next Thursday for less than $150. Corner seats for $125.

Yet another Canadian urban legend? Or did you just make this up?

Old
01-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Robotbike

Quote:
I know you or someone else have mentioned that before, but how does it add up exactly? Round trip flight is about $240, so for a lower bowl ticket in Glendale, not including hotel, you're already talking about at least $300 per person here.

I just looked on stub hub, you can find lower bowl center ice tickets for the Phoenix game in Vancouver coming up next Thursday for less than $150. Corner seats for $125.

It's Canadian hockey homer B.S. A while back in the BOH section I crunched the numbers, and called them out on it, and they never mentioned it again. Just urban legend.

Having said that, I'm all for anyone filling up our joint, be they from wherever and rooting for whomever.

Robotbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

With the Coyotes winning and Red Wings tonight there is no excuse why we can't get a sellout tonight including selling all the standing room only spots.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotbike View Post
Having said that, I'm all for anyone filling up our joint, be they from wherever and rooting for whomever.
I'm with you. I just can't stand myths like this one getting thrown around as universal truths, while being sooo easy to debunk. We've gotten so many of those over the past few months: fictitious $500 per seat Canadian prices, 10 year waiting lists for tickets, thousands of free Coyote tickets given away with booze at the corner store, fanatical Canadian support for perennial losers, Canadian franchises making profits year after year and never benefiting from profit sharing etc, etc... ******** after ******** after ********, it never stops.

It's one thing for biased idiots from across the border to come here trolling around for fun and spit out this kind of garbage. But I wish local fans were a little less gullible and stopped to think for just one second before relaying this trash like it's all factual.

Old
01-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Tonights attendance vs the Red Wings 17,125 and that is a sellout.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:

Thats what several Calgary and Edmonton fans have told me over the years. IDK I wasn't going to argue with them, they told me it was cheaper who was I to argue. These folks typically hit up two games so maybe their is cost savings there.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Thats what several Calgary and Edmonton fans have told me over the years. IDK I wasn't going to argue with them, they told me it was cheaper who was I to argue. These folks typically hit up two games so maybe their is cost savings there.
I could see some savings if you package it out over 2 games and consider it a vacation so you save money on that front too.

I'm mostly with Robotbike though, I dun care if it is financially sound or not on their end. A seat taken is a seat taken.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Piokinen

Attendance Game by Game + Additional Data

Outliers removed + Additional Data:

Average Attendance per month

Update on attendance figures.

Edit: Updates added

Last edited by Piokinen: 02-01-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote