HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holmgren looking for D-man

Old
01-30-2010, 11:09 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
I was a fan of Alberts last year. He started off poorly, and ended the regular season poorly, but including playoffs, he was VERY solid for 75% of the time. I thought he was a very good PKer as well. I would gladly take Alberts back if we didn't think his 1ish mill was going to be a problem next year.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:02 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
I hear you, but the issue is that they also need to win 4 out of the 7 hockey games while they are kicking the other team's ass all over the rink. Guys who can do both are in short supply. So when forced to choose between the two, I'd just as soon forego beating the other guys up in favor of, you know, playing hockey.
and your definitely not going to win if your the team getting thier ass kicked all over the rink. im not saying we should swap out any of our skill guys or that we should put in a fighter just that the stripper pole in front of emery is going to have to be removed come playoff time or guys are just going to set up shop there. id love it if parent got healthy or coburn found his edge but im not counting on either so i think we should add somebody. we arent gonna get a world class player with the cap space we have but id prefer a nasty one to compliment our skilled guys. id thought okt was gonna bring the boom and so far hes just brought the suck but somoeone in that style

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
and your definitely not going to win if your the team getting thier ass kicked all over the rink. im not saying we should swap out any of our skill guys or that we should put in a fighter just that the stripper pole in front of emery is going to have to be removed come playoff time or guys are just going to set up shop there. id love it if parent got healthy or coburn found his edge but im not counting on either so i think we should add somebody. we arent gonna get a world class player with the cap space we have but id prefer a nasty one to compliment our skilled guys. id thought okt was gonna bring the boom and so far hes just brought the suck but somoeone in that style
Agreed. We need someone besides Pronger who can own the area in front of the crease. If OKT wasn't such a ***** he would probably be ok, but he is injured every other day. And he sucks. I wouldn't be upset if Alberts made a comeback. How about John Scott from Minnesota? He's pretty much only good for whaling on people and clearing the front of the net. I wonder if he is available?

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Coburn needs to be that guy.

You can go out and get a crease clearer, but then when he's on the ice you're gonna be like "damn his transition defense sucks, let's trade for some". What good does it do to have 6 defenders who are all really good at one or two things when they can't all be on the ice at once? You can't solve every issue with a personnel change. You just have to work to round out the skill set of who you have sometimes. Coburns not even that bad in front of the net, he's just not known as being mean.

You're not gonna get anybody who is better than Coburn all around with out paying more than we would want to. Besides that, Coburn is big enough, he just needs to man up and be a little better at it, because it's one of the few things Kimmo can't do on that pairing.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 01-31-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
and your definitely not going to win if your the team getting thier ass kicked all over the rink.
This hasn't been a problem this season, let alone a big enough one to warrant a personnel change.

Quote:
id love it if parent got healthy or coburn found his edge but im not counting on either so i think we should add somebody.
When Parent was healthy this year I thought he looked far more physical than the year prior. You're right that Coburn needs to be the guy that clears the porch on his pairing. For the most part I don't see too many guys getting set up in front on Coburn though, most of the activity I see in front of the net is traffic coming in from the corners or circles, which is a little bit harder to stop with out interfering (i.e. taking a penalty).

Quote:
We arent gonna get a world class player with the cap space we have but id prefer a nasty one to compliment our skilled guys. I'd thought OKT was gonna bring the boom and so far hes just brought the suck but someone in that style.
Exactly, we aren't gonna get a world class player, and everyone "in that style" that's better than OKT is also expensive. Like I said, talented and mean are not a common combo and D-men like that are coveted.

Old
01-31-2010, 11:01 PM
ReggieD

Kings fan here.

If you guys need another Defenseman I am more than willing to personally drive Randy Jones back to Philly.

ReggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 11:04 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieD View Post
Kings fan here.

If you guys need another Defenseman I am more than willing to personally drive Randy Jones back to Philly.
awesome. . . just awesome. . .

In my NHL10 he is on the King's trading block too lol.

Hey man we are still dealing with half his cap hit we have it WAY worse. Do us a solid and waive him so we can get rid of that cap hit.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Kings fan here.

What happened? I thought he hit the ground running with you guys?

Old
02-01-2010, 02:21 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Kings fan here.

To Philadelphia: Randy Jones
To Los Angeles: Ole-Kristian Tollefsen

To Waivers: Randy Jones

Then if you want him you can reclaim him. That way you get two "depth" defensemen for the playoff run. Hell, you could even pair them together and watch the magic happen.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:15 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

^

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
To Philadelphia: Randy Jones
To Los Angeles: Ole-Kristian Tollefsen

To Waivers: Randy Jones

Then if you want him you can reclaim him. That way you get two "depth" defensemen for the playoff run. Hell, you could even pair them together and watch the magic happen.
Aaaaaaah...Los Angeles, sunny California, Hollywood

I'd like that deal, but it means I have to move to the Kings board...oh well.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:58 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Aaaaaaah...Los Angeles, sunny California, Hollywood

I'd like that deal, but it means I have to move to the Kings board...oh well.
I'm sure they're good people.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:01 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
They'll probably treat you better than we do here.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote