HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings interested in Lecavalier

Old
02-01-2010, 03:03 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

vCash: 500
I agree that center depth is worth more than one really good line.

I'm still not okay with shipping out any defenseman right now, not until at least one of Voynov or Hickey are putting up decent numbers at the NHL level. I'm also not okay with shipping out Simmonds, but I understand he's not an untouchable.

I would trade Handzus before Stoll, as well. Stoll is younger and has been nails this year. He, Smyth, and Greene all played together on that 05 Edmonton team that was no finesse, all hard work. Handzus has been fantastic and a true mentor/leader, but I keep Stoll every single time.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:23 AM
rapots

I'm probably not the only one who thinks there won't be any huge deals this season. I guess DL just want these core of players achive whatever they will, playoff of course and after season he'll bring a big name, maybe. When you concidere that JJ and NightTrain will be probably involved in to deal I don't like it, despite I am a huge Kovy fan. Vinny....eh?
Actually we need cup space to sign and lock all these players we have already and they are doing good. I just don't see some huge changes in the future if I understand right, which is very much a specalutive opinion

rapots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

I'm still not okay with shipping out any defenseman right now, not until at least one of Voynov or Hickey are putting up decent numbers at the NHL level. I'm also not okay with shipping out Simmonds, but I understand he's not an untouchable.

I would trade Handzus before Stoll, as well. Stoll is younger and has been nails this year. He, Smyth, and Greene all played together on that 05 Edmonton team that was no finesse, all hard work. Handzus has been fantastic and a true mentor/leader, but I keep Stoll every single time.
Except Stoll would have much more trade value. You have to give to get in the NHL.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

Why trade either? I have said this so many times & I'll say it again....

If the kings want to compete for the Cup, they need 1a/1b center & move Zus to the 4th line. The "he makes too much money to play on the 3rd & 4th line" doesn't hold water with me. Both Stoll & Zus will earn their money come playoff time plus it strengthens the depth on this team. The center you give up is Richardson.

The kings have the cap space to handle VL's contract. Kovy will make more than VL & cost more assets. Zus & Williams will be goners after next season. Smyth the season after that.

Yes, I would take VL any day & twice on Sunday over IK. The guy brings grit, leadership & skill. He's a DL type player.

Also, stop with the Frolov, JJ and/or Stoll for VL. If DL pulled the trigger on that, he should be fired on the spot.

TB can takes this or leave it:

Richardson
Moller
2nd rounder
any prospect not named Schenn

VL's contract is 7.7 cap for 10 yrs, he has a NTC & there a limited amount of teams that can fit him in. TB is in a position of weakness, the kings are in position of strength.

Kopitar
Lecavalier
Stoll
Zus

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
The kings have the cap space to handle VL's contract. Kovy will make more than VL & cost more assets. Zus & Williams will be goners after next season. Smyth the season after that.

The problem isn't the cap for this year. It is how much more limited the Kings become with the amount of money they have tied up. You bring in Vinny and all of a sudden you have problems when some of those great young players start to come of their ELC....

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
The problem isn't the cap for this year. It is how much more limited the Kings become with the amount of money they have tied up. You bring in Vinny and all of a sudden you have problems when some of those great young players start to come of their ELC....
And if they sign Kovy? What then? Kovy will cost them more assets & will have a larger cap hit.

The only players that need to be tied up long term are Simmonds & Doughty. Schenn, Teubert, Hickey, Lokti & the rest of the prospects will be on entry level contracts.

Again, Zus & Williams will be gone after next season. Smyth the year after that. Frolov, Clouts & Macauley's contracts this year. That's 15 mil off the books in 2 yrs. The kings are in a good position.

Old
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
And if they sign Kovy? What then? Kovy will cost them more assets & will have a larger cap hit.

The only players that need to be tied up long term are Simmonds & Doughty. Schenn, Teubert, Hickey, Lokti & the rest of the prospects will be on entry level contracts.

Again, Zus & Williams will be gone after next season. Smyth the year after that. Frolov, Clouts & Macauley's contracts this year. That's 15 mil off the books in 2 yrs. The kings are in a good position.
One reason why I believe Stoll would be involved in a potential deal for IK is because the only way Frolov gets re-signed is if we move that salary. They are both around the same age and bring a lot to the team. At this point I would choose Frolov over Stoll mainly because of Schenn. Not to mention Stoll is a proven player that is locked up for 2 more years and is only 27/28 year of age which will attract ATL.

I perfer IK over VL but I would love VL on this team if he wasn't signed to play until he's 40! If, I knew for a fact he would retire after 35/36 then I would make the deal.

Locking Kovalchuk up to a 10 year deal will take him to 37 which I would still do. But I would offer him more money per year to sign for 8 years.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post
One reason why I believe Stoll would be involved in a potential deal for IK is because the only way Frolov gets re-signed is if we move that salary. They are both around the same age and bring a lot to the team. At this point I would choose Frolov over Stoll mainly because of Schenn. Not to mention Stoll is a proven player that is locked up for 2 more years and is only 27/28 year of age which will attract ATL.

I perfer IK over VL but I would love VL on this team if he wasn't signed to play until he's 40! If, I knew for a fact he would retire after 35/36 then I would make the deal.

Locking Kovalchuk up to a 10 year deal will take him to 37 which I would still do. But I would offer him more money per year to sign for 8 years.
Frolov is not getting resigned. The sooner you realize this the better.

Again, signing Kovy for 9-10 mil for 10 years is not good cap mgmt. Not saying VL is either, but he's cheaper & he's more of a DL type player.

Another thing to consider is when the CBA is renewed, there will probably be a window where teams can buy out contracts without it counting against the cap.

Old
02-01-2010, 06:21 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:

Again, signing Kovy for 9-10 mil for 10 years is not good cap mgmt. Not saying VL is either, but he's cheaper & he's more of a DL type player.

Another thing to consider is when the CBA is renewed, there will probably be a window where teams can buy out contracts without it counting against the cap.
uhh please elaborate

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

According to HNIC radio, they were talking about it quite a bit the last couple of weeks. They said the owners are looking to Bettman to save them from their mistakes. Healy said, the contracts are legal & the NHLPA will probably fight it, but in the end, there will probably be a "buyout" period.

It's 50/50 at this point.

If you have Sirius, its a really good show. 1-4pm daily & repeats from 5-8 pm.

Old
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:

Thanks Dean Lombardi.

Old
02-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post
Thanks Dean Lombardi.
Read between the lines.

Old
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Read between the lines.
-Frolov might not be re-signed
-Kovalchuk's contract will be huge which of course will affect the CAP but he is 3 years younger!
-VL is a DL type of player but Kovalchuk is flat out just better.
-Reudcing the CAP hit for players being bought out would be great but is not guaranteed.

Everything you stated is possible but again nobody can be for sure.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, whatever DL decides to do I think will end up being the right move. At the end of the day he is the one trying to negotiate contracts/trades and he's the only one that knows for sure what is true and what isn't.

Old
02-01-2010, 09:27 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Just say "yes" to Vinny and "no" to Kovy!

1a & 1b center is the way to go imo.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Just say "yes" to Vinny and "no" to Kovy!

1a & 1b center is the way to go imo.
I'd be in favor of that if Lombardi also acquired another top six winger to replace the loss of Williams. If he was able to acquire Lecavalier for a bargain (since taking on that contract is a favor for TB) and Ray Whitney, two former Cup champs, I can see the team going far in the post season with this lineup:

Whitney-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Lecavalier-Brown
Richardson-Handzus-Parse

I would guess that combo of Stoll and/or Moller would likely be included as part of a trade for Lecavalier.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Read between the lines.

I love when people say things like this. When someone has no facts they always say "read between the lines" or "connect the dots" or "do the math".

Those wacky 9/11 truthers do the same thing.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 10:06 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'd be in favor of that if Lombardi also acquired another top six winger to replace the loss of Williams. If he was able to acquire Lecavalier for a bargain (since taking on that contract is a favor for TB) and Ray Whitney, two former Cup champs, I can see the team going far in the post season with this lineup:

Whitney-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Lecavalier-Brown
Richardson-Handzus-Parse

I would guess that combo of Stoll and/or Moller would likely be included as part of a trade for Lecavalier.
Let me just clean it up for you a bit:

Smyth-Lecavalier-Brown
Whitney-Kopitar-Simmonds
Richie-Zeus-Moller

I'd prefer to give up Stoll and Parse instead if possible.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'd rather see Parse moved instead of Moller as well, but I feel that Moller would be more coveted by teams due to his higher ceiling. Whereas Parse is better suited as a third line guy who can chip in, Moller can turn out to be a top six forward (which I believe he will become). But in order to get a player like Lecavalier, I think a young prospect would have to be included along with a proven forward.

Old
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Whitney-Kopitar-Simmonds
Smyth-Lecavalier-Brown
Richardson-Handzus-Parse

Where's Frolov? And aren't we supposed to get Williams back before the playoffs?

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 10:37 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
I love when people say things like this. When someone has no facts they always say "read between the lines" or "connect the dots" or "do the math".

and math teachers. ********.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Where's Frolov? And aren't we supposed to get Williams back before the playoffs?
Oh yeah, looks like I got ahead of myself and didn't picture him being retained by Lombardi. If Frolov is still around, he should remain on the checking line with Handzus and Richardson should center the energy unit, preferably with better wingers than Ivanans and Segal.

Old
02-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I wouldn't expect Williams back before next season. It's a log rehab from the severe broken leg that he suffered. It will take months to get his strength back.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post

Ok, listen to what DL has said about extending Frolov:

"He needs to fit into our salary structure"
"Have to read War & Peace to figure out Frolov"
"Frolov has to show he cares"
"Frolov needs to take his game to the next level"

So yeah, read between the lines. I'll be the first to admit I am wrong, but Frolov will not be resigned.

9/11 truthers are indeed wacky, but I'm not wacky. BTW, my uncle is a math teacher. He's not an a-hole.

One last thing, Stoll stays, Richardson goes.

Old
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I bet he is. But it's cool that you don't think so. Math is for *******s. **** that ****. Who needs it? I pay my gardeners to do my taxes.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
The media is trying to make this trade happen. Tampa needs to shed salary and we have all kinds of cap room.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote