HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes keeping Mueller; Looking for a top 6 forward and depth Dman before deadline?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
  #101
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
big night for Mueller.....i think you guys should keep him....but

if you don't want to keep him, how about Andrew Ladd for Mueller?? Ladd gives you a physical presence and some scoring that might help you out?? For the Hawks, who knows how well Bolland can come back from back surgery, so I would love to give Mueller a new home...
I think that if we do trade Mueller, the key thing will be potential. Mueller has the potential to be a premier playmaker/sniper, Ladd doesn't necessarily have that expected future.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:52 AM
  #102
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,064
vCash: 500
As much as I change my mind about Mueller, I think we should hold onto him a little bit longer. He looked great and I want to see if he can keep it up.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:41 AM
  #103
Piokinen
Registered User
 
Piokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Poland
Posts: 825
vCash: 500

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 06:23 AM
  #104
white_tiger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 1,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
The Coyotes aren't getting anyone without an owner in place.
Mueller will be here past the deadline especially if he continues to score more goals for us.
In all fairness to Mueller his 2nd half so far has been better and were 2-0-1 when he scores this season.
Posted via Mobile Device
WHy? DM has a budget from the nHL and he is rumored to have almost 8 mil of it he hasn't spent yet

white_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 06:30 AM
  #105
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piokinen View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 07:31 AM
  #106
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piokinen View Post

Well done.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 10:59 AM
  #107
knowsthegame
Registered User
 
knowsthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tale of 2 NHL cities
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Keep Mueller, but keep him on the Doan Lombardi line.
He is definitely coming on right now.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
  #108
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
big night for Mueller.....i think you guys should keep him....but

if you don't want to keep him, how about Andrew Ladd for Mueller?? Ladd gives you a physical presence and some scoring that might help you out?? For the Hawks, who knows how well Bolland can come back from back surgery, so I would love to give Mueller a new home...
That deal might work. If GMDM is looking to deal Pete Ladd might be a good fit. I don't know if the deal works for Chicago in terms of cap management though.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
  #109
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Keep Mueller, but keep him on the Doan Lombardi line.
He is definitely coming on right now.
If Mueller plays like he did against the Stars, I don't think it matters what line he is on. That was a completely different Peter Mueller on the ice. I don't even care about his points, just the intensity he played with.

It's still only 1 game, but thats the first encouraging sign in a long time, which has me excited to see how he plays in his next game.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:53 PM
  #110
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
If Mueller plays like he did against the Stars, I don't think it matters what line he is on. That was a completely different Peter Mueller on the ice. I don't even care about his points, just the intensity he played with.

It's still only 1 game, but thats the first encouraging sign in a long time, which has me excited to see how he plays in his next game.
I was particularly impressed during that one play where he gave his stick to a defensemen, managed to skate back to the bench to get a replacement and then get back in time to making a diving swipe at the puck to knock it out of the zone. Very assertive and heads up play!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:07 PM
  #111
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
I don't even care about his points, just the intensity he played with.
In a way, and I know it might sound stupid, this is something that irritated me quite a bit last night. Until then I was starting to question Mueller's ability to raise his game's intensity. I was thinking maybe he just can't do it. He'd always be this kind of guy who seems to be floating around but uses good stick work and solid positioning to get points on the board. It would have been disappointing, but understandable. Not everyone can take over a game with an intense performance like Doan, Jovanovski or even Upshall sometimes do.

And then he pulls a game like last night out of nowhere?? Why the **** doesn't he do that every single game?? As you said, when playing like that, his points total becomes irrelevant. His presence was felt all over the ice, and when he didn't have the puck he created openings. That's what Doan does almost every night. Even if he's in a scoring slump, it's extremely rare that Doan might go for a whole game without being noticed. Whether it's forechecking, blocking shots, hitting, he'll always try different things to help the team win the game.

Now that I know Mueller is actually capable of playing with such intensity, there is zero excuse for any other piss-poor performance. There is no reason why he could at least work this hard most games. I'm not asking for 2 points a night here. Just hard work and make that #88 show up on a regular basis.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
  #112
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,528
vCash: 500
Let's claim Nick Boynton. He was fairly solid defensively last time he was here. More importantly he was a beast physically. He's better than Eriksson, who SUCKS, and he"d be nice to have in the line up when Biz is out.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
  #113
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
In a way, and I know it might sound stupid, this is something that irritated me quite a bit last night. Until then I was starting to question Mueller's ability to raise his game's intensity. I was thinking maybe he just can't do it. He'd always be this kind of guy who seems to be floating around but uses good stick work and solid positioning to get points on the board. It would have been disappointing, but understandable. Not everyone can take over a game with an intense performance like Doan, Jovanovski or even Upshall sometimes do.

And then he pulls a game like last night out of nowhere?? Why the **** doesn't he do that every single game?? As you said, when playing like that, his points total becomes irrelevant. His presence was felt all over the ice, and when he didn't have the puck he created openings. That's what Doan does almost every night. Even if he's in a scoring slump, it's extremely rare that Doan might go for a whole game without being noticed. Whether it's forechecking, blocking shots, hitting, he'll always try different things to help the team win the game.

Now that I know Mueller is actually capable of playing with such intensity, there is zero excuse for any other piss-poor performance. There is no reason why he could at least work this hard most games. I'm not asking for 2 points a night here. Just hard work and make that #88 show up on a regular basis.
I will forgive him for it all if he keeps this up.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
  #114
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,751
vCash: 500
Hummmmm we'd probably be halfway on another "Peter Mueller Keep Him or Trade Him" Thread but the 1st one closed up before reaching the max.
Oh well, at least most of those posts didn't have "that bum" typed in. :grin:
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:26 PM
  #115
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I was particularly impressed during that one play where he gave his stick to a defensemen, managed to skate back to the bench to get a replacement and then get back in time to making a diving swipe at the puck to knock it out of the zone. Very assertive and heads up play!
Yeah, and at the same time I would expect every player to do that on 'this' team (a Tippet coached team). That's the main reason I'm so frustrated with Mueller, he's the only player who, up until last night, played as if he wasn't expected to play with any sort of intensity.

It would be a huge bonus for the team if he can play like that the rest of the year....if he doesn't I'm gonna really be calling him out, now that I've seen he's got it in him.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
  #116
knowsthegame
Registered User
 
knowsthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tale of 2 NHL cities
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
On Mueller's goal yesterday, he stole the puck in the Dallas end (creating a Dallas turnover) passed to Doan, who passed it back to Mueller for a perfect finish.
Mueller actually got the goal and really earned an assist on his goal.(of course, that's not how assists are awarded)
It was a standout perfomance at both ends of the ice.
Keep it up Peter!

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
  #117
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Yeah, and at the same time I would expect every player to do that on 'this' team (a Tippet coached team). That's the main reason I'm so frustrated with Mueller, he's the only player who, up until last night, played as if he wasn't expected to play with any sort of intensity.

It would be a huge bonus for the team if he can play like that the rest of the year....if he doesn't I'm gonna really be calling him out, now that I've seen he's got it in him.
Agreed 100%.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM
  #118
andimgone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Let's claim Nick Boynton. He was fairly solid defensively last time he was here. More importantly he was a beast physically. He's better than Eriksson, who SUCKS, and he"d be nice to have in the line up when Biz is out.
Sadly, I disagree with that. Boynton was not only a turnover machine like Eriksson, but was also a penalty machine. Plus, we already have a slightly less crappy version of Boynton in Vandermeer.

I will agree that Eriksson sucks, but so does Boynton.

andimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM
  #119
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Let's claim Nick Boynton. He was fairly solid defensively last time he was here. More importantly he was a beast physically. He's better than Eriksson, who SUCKS, and he"d be nice to have in the line up when Biz is out.
Is/was he on waivers? Hmm, I thought his game had kinda regressed since his first year here, but who knows.. players get older, more mature and sometimes take on a different role (i.e. Morris). He's not young anymore, but he isn't ancient.. he's like 31... 32? Good team guy, just don't know how he's been playing with the Ducks this year.

He's an option I'd be willing to explore but I think I would rather have a new guy come in here, perhaps with some extra jump being on a new team potentially headed for the playoffs. But if someone like that is too costly, I'm sure the Ducks wouldn't be asking for much. Ofcourse that depends on how they feel about trading within the division.

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
  #120
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
In a way, and I know it might sound stupid, this is something that irritated me quite a bit last night. Until then I was starting to question Mueller's ability to raise his game's intensity. I was thinking maybe he just can't do it. He'd always be this kind of guy who seems to be floating around but uses good stick work and solid positioning to get points on the board. It would have been disappointing, but understandable. Not everyone can take over a game with an intense performance like Doan, Jovanovski or even Upshall sometimes do.

And then he pulls a game like last night out of nowhere?? Why the **** doesn't he do that every single game?? As you said, when playing like that, his points total becomes irrelevant. His presence was felt all over the ice, and when he didn't have the puck he created openings. That's what Doan does almost every night. Even if he's in a scoring slump, it's extremely rare that Doan might go for a whole game without being noticed. Whether it's forechecking, blocking shots, hitting, he'll always try different things to help the team win the game.

Now that I know Mueller is actually capable of playing with such intensity, there is zero excuse for any other piss-poor performance. There is no reason why he could at least work this hard most games. I'm not asking for 2 points a night here. Just hard work and make that #88 show up on a regular basis.
Very good post. I will say, that I never really questioned Mueller's desire or work ethic to be a good player. We all have seen him show flashes of brilliance, the two road hat tricks, him fighting off Smith in Philly to score an important goal. I might be in the minority, but I saw someone that was struggling with his confidence. He sat there with boatloads of skill, but a below average defensive game. He was in over his head with the new defensive system that Tippet brought, and the player he showed the most chemistry with in Doan, started cold. Well that seems to have stopped. If Doan can continue his tear, and Mueller can start playing like that consistently. We have just jump started our two best offensive players, if that happens I feel pretty good about the playoffs.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
  #121
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,064
vCash: 500
Why dont we trade for Stralman? a 3rd round pick will do plus hes a monster on the PP.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:48 PM
  #122
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
A) What makes you think he'd only cost a 3rd rounder?

B) Assuming he costs more, he's a luxury the Coyotes don't need, with their top 4 already pretty set. If the Coyotes need defensemen, and I'm hesitant to say they even do, they certainly don't need the offensive variety. They need tough bottom pairing guys.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
  #123
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Is/was he on waivers? Hmm, I thought his game had kinda regressed since his first year here, but who knows.. players get older, more mature and sometimes take on a different role (i.e. Morris). He's not young anymore, but he isn't ancient.. he's like 31... 32? Good team guy, just don't know how he's been playing with the Ducks this year.

He's an option I'd be willing to explore but I think I would rather have a new guy come in here, perhaps with some extra jump being on a new team potentially headed for the playoffs. But if someone like that is too costly, I'm sure the Ducks wouldn't be asking for much. Ofcourse that depends on how they feel about trading within the division.
He's on waivers. Personally, I'm not too worried about how he's played in Anaheim. Lightning fans thought Vrbata sucked and they like Fedoruk. Vrbata plays well in Phoenix. I was a bid Boynton supporter when he played here. I prefer him to Anders as a 7th D. That's all.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 08:54 PM
  #124
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He's on waivers. Personally, I'm not too worried about how he's played in Anaheim. Lightning fans thought Vrbata sucked and they like Fedoruk. Vrbata plays well in Phoenix. I was a bid Boynton supporter when he played here. I prefer him to Anders as a 7th D. That's all.
my only concern with doing this is the confrontation he had with Bryzgalov last season, we don't need to have that crap come into the locker room.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
  #125
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
A) What makes you think he'd only cost a 3rd rounder?

B) Assuming he costs more, he's a luxury the Coyotes don't need, with their top 4 already pretty set. If the Coyotes need defensemen, and I'm hesitant to say they even do, they certainly don't need the offensive variety. They need tough bottom pairing guys.
A. He got traded for a 3rd rounder last year. Jackets fans want any type of pick since they have a surplus of d man.

B. If the Yotes want to survive they need a PP. Stralman helps that alot.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.