HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes keeping Mueller; Looking for a top 6 forward and depth Dman before deadline?

Old
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
big night for Mueller.....i think you guys should keep him....but

if you don't want to keep him, how about Andrew Ladd for Mueller?? Ladd gives you a physical presence and some scoring that might help you out?? For the Hawks, who knows how well Bolland can come back from back surgery, so I would love to give Mueller a new home...
I think that if we do trade Mueller, the key thing will be potential. Mueller has the potential to be a premier playmaker/sniper, Ladd doesn't necessarily have that expected future.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

As much as I change my mind about Mueller, I think we should hold onto him a little bit longer. He looked great and I want to see if he can keep it up.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Piokinen

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 06:23 AM
white_tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
The Coyotes aren't getting anyone without an owner in place.
Mueller will be here past the deadline especially if he continues to score more goals for us.
In all fairness to Mueller his 2nd half so far has been better and were 2-0-1 when he scores this season.
Posted via Mobile Device
WHy? DM has a budget from the nHL and he is rumored to have almost 8 mil of it he hasn't spent yet

white_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piokinen View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 07:31 AM
_Del_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piokinen View Post

Well done.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 10:59 AM
knowsthegame

Keep Mueller, but keep him on the Doan Lombardi line.
He is definitely coming on right now.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
big night for Mueller.....i think you guys should keep him....but

if you don't want to keep him, how about Andrew Ladd for Mueller?? Ladd gives you a physical presence and some scoring that might help you out?? For the Hawks, who knows how well Bolland can come back from back surgery, so I would love to give Mueller a new home...
That deal might work. If GMDM is looking to deal Pete Ladd might be a good fit. I don't know if the deal works for Chicago in terms of cap management though.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Keep Mueller, but keep him on the Doan Lombardi line.
He is definitely coming on right now.
If Mueller plays like he did against the Stars, I don't think it matters what line he is on. That was a completely different Peter Mueller on the ice. I don't even care about his points, just the intensity he played with.

It's still only 1 game, but thats the first encouraging sign in a long time, which has me excited to see how he plays in his next game.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
If Mueller plays like he did against the Stars, I don't think it matters what line he is on. That was a completely different Peter Mueller on the ice. I don't even care about his points, just the intensity he played with.

It's still only 1 game, but thats the first encouraging sign in a long time, which has me excited to see how he plays in his next game.
I was particularly impressed during that one play where he gave his stick to a defensemen, managed to skate back to the bench to get a replacement and then get back in time to making a diving swipe at the puck to knock it out of the zone. Very assertive and heads up play!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:07 PM
zz

Quote:
I don't even care about his points, just the intensity he played with.
In a way, and I know it might sound stupid, this is something that irritated me quite a bit last night. Until then I was starting to question Mueller's ability to raise his game's intensity. I was thinking maybe he just can't do it. He'd always be this kind of guy who seems to be floating around but uses good stick work and solid positioning to get points on the board. It would have been disappointing, but understandable. Not everyone can take over a game with an intense performance like Doan, Jovanovski or even Upshall sometimes do.

And then he pulls a game like last night out of nowhere?? Why the **** doesn't he do that every single game?? As you said, when playing like that, his points total becomes irrelevant. His presence was felt all over the ice, and when he didn't have the puck he created openings. That's what Doan does almost every night. Even if he's in a scoring slump, it's extremely rare that Doan might go for a whole game without being noticed. Whether it's forechecking, blocking shots, hitting, he'll always try different things to help the team win the game.

Now that I know Mueller is actually capable of playing with such intensity, there is zero excuse for any other piss-poor performance. There is no reason why he could at least work this hard most games. I'm not asking for 2 points a night here. Just hard work and make that #88 show up on a regular basis.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Let's claim Nick Boynton. He was fairly solid defensively last time he was here. More importantly he was a beast physically. He's better than Eriksson, who SUCKS, and he"d be nice to have in the line up when Biz is out.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
In a way, and I know it might sound stupid, this is something that irritated me quite a bit last night. Until then I was starting to question Mueller's ability to raise his game's intensity. I was thinking maybe he just can't do it. He'd always be this kind of guy who seems to be floating around but uses good stick work and solid positioning to get points on the board. It would have been disappointing, but understandable. Not everyone can take over a game with an intense performance like Doan, Jovanovski or even Upshall sometimes do.

And then he pulls a game like last night out of nowhere?? Why the **** doesn't he do that every single game?? As you said, when playing like that, his points total becomes irrelevant. His presence was felt all over the ice, and when he didn't have the puck he created openings. That's what Doan does almost every night. Even if he's in a scoring slump, it's extremely rare that Doan might go for a whole game without being noticed. Whether it's forechecking, blocking shots, hitting, he'll always try different things to help the team win the game.

Now that I know Mueller is actually capable of playing with such intensity, there is zero excuse for any other piss-poor performance. There is no reason why he could at least work this hard most games. I'm not asking for 2 points a night here. Just hard work and make that #88 show up on a regular basis.
I will forgive him for it all if he keeps this up.

Old
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Hummmmm we'd probably be halfway on another "Peter Mueller Keep Him or Trade Him" Thread but the 1st one closed up before reaching the max.
Oh well, at least most of those posts didn't have "that bum" typed in. :grin:
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I was particularly impressed during that one play where he gave his stick to a defensemen, managed to skate back to the bench to get a replacement and then get back in time to making a diving swipe at the puck to knock it out of the zone. Very assertive and heads up play!
Yeah, and at the same time I would expect every player to do that on 'this' team (a Tippet coached team). That's the main reason I'm so frustrated with Mueller, he's the only player who, up until last night, played as if he wasn't expected to play with any sort of intensity.

It would be a huge bonus for the team if he can play like that the rest of the year....if he doesn't I'm gonna really be calling him out, now that I've seen he's got it in him.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
knowsthegame

On Mueller's goal yesterday, he stole the puck in the Dallas end (creating a Dallas turnover) passed to Doan, who passed it back to Mueller for a perfect finish.
Mueller actually got the goal and really earned an assist on his goal.(of course, that's not how assists are awarded)
It was a standout perfomance at both ends of the ice.
Keep it up Peter!

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Yeah, and at the same time I would expect every player to do that on 'this' team (a Tippet coached team). That's the main reason I'm so frustrated with Mueller, he's the only player who, up until last night, played as if he wasn't expected to play with any sort of intensity.

It would be a huge bonus for the team if he can play like that the rest of the year....if he doesn't I'm gonna really be calling him out, now that I've seen he's got it in him.
Agreed 100%.

Old
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM
andimgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Let's claim Nick Boynton. He was fairly solid defensively last time he was here. More importantly he was a beast physically. He's better than Eriksson, who SUCKS, and he"d be nice to have in the line up when Biz is out.
Sadly, I disagree with that. Boynton was not only a turnover machine like Eriksson, but was also a penalty machine. Plus, we already have a slightly less crappy version of Boynton in Vandermeer.

I will agree that Eriksson sucks, but so does Boynton.

andimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
Is/was he on waivers? Hmm, I thought his game had kinda regressed since his first year here, but who knows.. players get older, more mature and sometimes take on a different role (i.e. Morris). He's not young anymore, but he isn't ancient.. he's like 31... 32? Good team guy, just don't know how he's been playing with the Ducks this year.

He's an option I'd be willing to explore but I think I would rather have a new guy come in here, perhaps with some extra jump being on a new team potentially headed for the playoffs. But if someone like that is too costly, I'm sure the Ducks wouldn't be asking for much. Ofcourse that depends on how they feel about trading within the division.

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post

Very good post. I will say, that I never really questioned Mueller's desire or work ethic to be a good player. We all have seen him show flashes of brilliance, the two road hat tricks, him fighting off Smith in Philly to score an important goal. I might be in the minority, but I saw someone that was struggling with his confidence. He sat there with boatloads of skill, but a below average defensive game. He was in over his head with the new defensive system that Tippet brought, and the player he showed the most chemistry with in Doan, started cold. Well that seems to have stopped. If Doan can continue his tear, and Mueller can start playing like that consistently. We have just jump started our two best offensive players, if that happens I feel pretty good about the playoffs.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Why dont we trade for Stralman? a 3rd round pick will do plus hes a monster on the PP.

Old
02-01-2010, 05:48 PM
PhoPhan

A) What makes you think he'd only cost a 3rd rounder?

B) Assuming he costs more, he's a luxury the Coyotes don't need, with their top 4 already pretty set. If the Coyotes need defensemen, and I'm hesitant to say they even do, they certainly don't need the offensive variety. They need tough bottom pairing guys.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Is/was he on waivers? Hmm, I thought his game had kinda regressed since his first year here, but who knows.. players get older, more mature and sometimes take on a different role (i.e. Morris). He's not young anymore, but he isn't ancient.. he's like 31... 32? Good team guy, just don't know how he's been playing with the Ducks this year.

He's an option I'd be willing to explore but I think I would rather have a new guy come in here, perhaps with some extra jump being on a new team potentially headed for the playoffs. But if someone like that is too costly, I'm sure the Ducks wouldn't be asking for much. Ofcourse that depends on how they feel about trading within the division.
He's on waivers. Personally, I'm not too worried about how he's played in Anaheim. Lightning fans thought Vrbata sucked and they like Fedoruk. Vrbata plays well in Phoenix. I was a bid Boynton supporter when he played here. I prefer him to Anders as a 7th D. That's all.

Old
02-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
He's on waivers. Personally, I'm not too worried about how he's played in Anaheim. Lightning fans thought Vrbata sucked and they like Fedoruk. Vrbata plays well in Phoenix. I was a bid Boynton supporter when he played here. I prefer him to Anders as a 7th D. That's all.
my only concern with doing this is the confrontation he had with Bryzgalov last season, we don't need to have that crap come into the locker room.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
A) What makes you think he'd only cost a 3rd rounder?

B) Assuming he costs more, he's a luxury the Coyotes don't need, with their top 4 already pretty set. If the Coyotes need defensemen, and I'm hesitant to say they even do, they certainly don't need the offensive variety. They need tough bottom pairing guys.
A. He got traded for a 3rd rounder last year. Jackets fans want any type of pick since they have a surplus of d man.

B. If the Yotes want to survive they need a PP. Stralman helps that alot.