HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Devils New Franchise Record: POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2010, 03:06 AM
  #151
ShattStar03
Registered User
 
ShattStar03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Claremont, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
2.0?

New, modern version without the Detroit odor.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:07 AM
  #152
aegwillnotwinthecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Game 55 playoff tracker:

Updated: 28 points is now the Kings target points #. They need to earn 28 points in the next 27 games (13-12-2) to guarantee them 97 points and a playoff spot. (It may take fewer than 97 points to get in, but it's clear based on remaining games that 97 points = playoffs with a 100% certainty.

Los Angeles Kings Playoff Chances
Beat Devils 3-2, playoff odds up 1.8 to 97.9%
69 points - 33-19-3

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...fic/Kings.html

Most of the other games tonight were a negligible impact for the Kings.

If the Kings beat New York on Tuesday, their playoff odds will increase 0.7% to 98.6%. If they lose, it'll be a 1.3% drop to 96.6%.

The most likely final remaining game finish? 15-10-2, a .593% - good for 101 points.
Wow, that's awesome.

...it's really happening this year, huh? We're really going to be watching hockey in June?

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:09 AM
  #153
vh2k7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Wow, that's awesome.

...it's really happening this year, huh? We're really going to be watching hockey in June?
i'll pray for may, june is a bonus.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:24 AM
  #154
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 51,188
vCash: 500



FOR THE WIN!




Fitting for what the Kings did on this road trip!

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:45 AM
  #155
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
2. Quick is plenty tough mentally but goalies are a weird breed. Quick might not even care but why risk it?
Because like I said, we are going to have to address the backup position at some point. Bringing up Bernier is one option.



Quote:
3. While the writing is on the wall for Ersberg's departure, he's still a decent back up. He's fine to play some more to allow Quick to rest some although it would be nice to pick up a veteran goalie for the playoff run. Bernier needs to be in Manchester; he had his chance to make the Kings this year.
I think a Veteran goalie is needed, a low cost move and the smart move. Ersberg having to step in for the playoffs or the playoff push spells disaster.

Secondly, Bernier did perform better than all goalies in camp and preseason. Quick only got the nod because of his experience in the NHL. Ersberg certainly didn't deserve to play with the Kings anymore than Bernier did. Bernier is only playing in Manchester for one reason...minutes. That's it. Has nothing to do with him not being good enough to play on the Kings. The Kings have invested a lot of development in Bernier, and they are playing it safe with him.

I firmly believe that Quick needs to perform well in the playoffs for him to secure the #1 spot and stay with the Kings. If your Dean Lombardi, you are looking at the big picture (winning the cup someday). Can Quick be THE guy that can get us there to achieve it? It's still early to tell.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
  #156
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Does anyone else think Bernier atleast deserves to bee called up for a couple games as a reward before he heads into a playoff run with Manchester? That could do a lot for him confidence wise and also make TM feel a little more comfortable if Quick/Ersberg gets injured throughout the rest of the season.
It is kind of a no win situation though. Either he gets called up and does well then gets sent back down to the ahl playoffs, which is great but would achieve nothing, or he gets called up, does badly and crushes his confidence

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 11:39 AM
  #157
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,943
vCash: 500
Kopitar finished January with 17 Points.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 11:44 AM
  #158
TonySCV
Moderator
3 in 5 > 3 in 6
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Wow, that's awesome.

...it's really happening this year, huh? We're really going to be watching hockey in June?
I'm excited enough just for late April games. May would be a HUGE bonus.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
  #159
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Kings get a well earned day off today.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
  #160
grncobra76
Registered User
 
grncobra76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upland
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post



FOR THE WIN!




Fitting for what the Kings did on this road trip!
KHG,
You have great taste. i love that SF Alpha video the first time I saw that I almost fell out of my chair. I have a friend that pulled of something similar..with...servebot lol.
Anyways thanks for all the great posts keep them coming!
I am still blown away from that win, amazing.

grncobra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:11 PM
  #161
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Kopitar finished January with 17 Points.
He had a fine, bounce-back month.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
  #162
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,943
vCash: 500
I just checked because I was curious, and the Kings are 12-3-0 vs the East.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
  #163
jimmy1100
Registered User
 
jimmy1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
How about this: Against the top 5 non-Kings teams in each conference, we are 12-7-2.

5-0-0 v. the top five in the East (1-0-0 for each of Wash, NJ, Buff, Pitt, Ott)
3-2-1 v. SJ
3-2-0 v. PHX
0-2-1 v. VAN
1-1-0 v. CHI


That projects out to a 101 point season against the top teams!!!

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
  #164
Brad Doty
Moderator
\_(ツ)_/
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 16,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
How about this: Against the top 5 non-Kings teams in each conference, we are 12-7-2.

5-0-0 v. the top five in the East (1-0-0 for each of Wash, NJ, Buff, Pitt, Ott)
3-2-1 v. SJ
3-2-0 v. PHX
0-2-1 v. VAN
1-1-0 v. CHI


That projects out to a 101 point season against the top teams!!!
We gotta work on that Vancouver record. I hate the Canucks fans being able to say "yeah, not impressed by the Kings," and we're gonna have to go through them sooner or later. They suffocate our game, and Murray hasn't found a workaround yet.

And I guess Luongo is pretty good, too, but still

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
  #165
Riposte!
Registered User
 
Riposte!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grncobra76 View Post
KHG,
You have great taste. i love that SF Alpha video the first time I saw that I almost fell out of my chair. I have a friend that pulled of something similar..with...servebot lol.
Anyways thanks for all the great posts keep them coming!
I am still blown away from that win, amazing.
It's actually Street Fighter III, but yeah, never gets old.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 01:56 PM
  #166
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Easy to laugh about that NJ game yesterday knowing what happened, but seriously, who's the ******* sadist in NHL scheduling who makes the team play a game less than 24 hours after the previous game, on the road, at the very end of a 5-game road trip?

SLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
  #167
T2M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Easy to laugh about that NJ game yesterday knowing what happened, but seriously, who's the ******* sadist in NHL scheduling who makes the team play a game less than 24 hours after the previous game, on the road, at the very end of a 5-game road trip?
I'd like to see a new rule in the next CBA that says no team can play back to back games within 24 hours of the start time of the first game.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
  #168
Belanger25
The Iceman!
 
Belanger25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Game 55 playoff tracker:

Updated: 28 points is now the Kings target points #. They need to earn 28 points in the next 27 games (13-12-2) to guarantee them 97 points and a playoff spot. (It may take fewer than 97 points to get in, but it's clear based on remaining games that 97 points = playoffs with a 100% certainty.

Los Angeles Kings Playoff Chances
Beat Devils 3-2, playoff odds up 1.8 to 97.9%
69 points - 33-19-3

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...fic/Kings.html

Most of the other games tonight were a negligible impact for the Kings.

If the Kings beat New York on Tuesday, their playoff odds will increase 0.7% to 98.6%. If they lose, it'll be a 1.3% drop to 96.6%.

The most likely final remaining game finish? 15-10-2, a .593% - good for 101 points.
Adding to this here's another site. Which talks about % of where we may finish.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/westernstandings.html

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
  #169
Brad Doty
Moderator
\_(ツ)_/
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 16,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M View Post
I'd like to see a new rule in the next CBA that says no team can play back to back games within 24 hours of the start time of the first game.
I thought there was one in the current version, but it seems not

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
  #170
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
We gotta work on that Vancouver record. I hate the Canucks fans being able to say "yeah, not impressed by the Kings," and we're gonna have to go through them sooner or later. They suffocate our game, and Murray hasn't found a workaround yet.

And I guess Luongo is pretty good, too, but still
... A couple of those games were the back end of back-to-backs, and the Kings were simply tired. If they face Vancouver in the playoffs, that obviously won't happen. Luongo is the only high-profile goalie that the Kings haven't really scored on this season.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
  #171
grncobra76
Registered User
 
grncobra76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upland
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
It's actually Street Fighter III, but yeah, never gets old.
Ahh been so long since I have seen any of Sreet Fighter stuff. Thanks!
Yah and of course the come back w/ Servebot my friend pulled off was in Marvel vs. Capcom, look on the guy that he played against was priceless!

grncobra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
  #172
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Reading the quotes from last night's game, I saw something that I really, really liked: http://lakingsnews.com/2010/02/01/a-corner-turned/

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:27 PM
  #173
jimmy1100
Registered User
 
jimmy1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... A couple of those games were the back end of back-to-backs, and the Kings were simply tired. If they face Vancouver in the playoffs, that obviously won't happen. Luongo is the only high-profile goalie that the Kings haven't really scored on this season.
We just haven't matched up well with Vancouver lately. You mention Luongo, but, if memory serves, one of those losses was to the backup. And I think we got shutout or only 1 goal. Raycroft...that's who it was.

Right now Vancouver is the one team I absolutely don't want to meet in the 1st round. And that's considering that a series versus Vancouver is the only chance I have at attending a playoff game (barring cup finals...I've been saving $$$ for that since forever).

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
  #174
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 51,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
We just haven't matched up well with Vancouver lately. You mention Luongo, but, if memory serves, one of those losses was to the backup. And I think we got shutout or only 1 goal. Raycroft...that's who it was.

Right now Vancouver is the one team I absolutely don't want to meet in the 1st round. And that's considering that a series versus Vancouver is the only chance I have at attending a playoff game (barring cup finals...I've been saving $$$ for that since forever).
It's hard to say how they'd match up right now. Kings only play them one more time and in April. Who knows what it will look like then.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.