HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whitney to the Coyotes

Old
02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
Whitney to the Coyotes

I keep reading proposals about Ray Whitney going to Pittsburgh and no doubt they have interest to help them repeat in the playoffs, but I am sure there is going to be about a dozen teams inquiring about what it would take.

Here is my proposal ....

To Phoenix: Ray Whitney and Niclas Wallin

To Carolina: 1st rounder 2010 and D prospect Nick Ross (former 1st rounder)

**If you would rather have Victor Tikhonov instead of the 2010 1st rounder, I would also be willing to do that.**

Bottom line is, with the injury to Upshall, the Coyotes are in desperate need to add a significant offensive threat. I believe Whitney could propel the Coyotes into the post season and help them make a little noise.

With the recent moves by the Flames, Don Maloney needs to react accordingly and can't go wrong with the acquisition of Whitney and Wallin. They'd bring a ton of Stanley Cup Playoff experience.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 01:28 PM
faulkingdynamic
J Troll

Id rather have Summers......even though he is getting that Wolverine coaching, lol

faulkingdynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I keep reading proposals about Ray Whitney going to Pittsburgh and no doubt they have interest to help them repeat in the playoffs, but I am sure there is going to be about a dozen teams inquiring about what it would take.

Here is my proposal ....

To Phoenix: Ray Whitney and Niclas Wallin

To Carolina: 1st rounder 2010 and D prospect Nick Ross (former 1st rounder)

**If you would rather have Victor Tikhonov instead of the 2010 1st rounder, I would also be willing to do that.**

Bottom line is, with the injury to Upshall, the Coyotes are in desperate need to add a significant offensive threat. I believe Whitney could propel the Coyotes into the post season and help them make a little noise.

With the recent moves by the Flames, Don Maloney needs to react accordingly and can't go wrong with the acquisition of Whitney and Wallin. They'd bring a ton of Stanley Cup Playoff experience.
I would do this. I don't know a lot about Ross....but it basically boils down to:

Whitney for a 1st: Fair
Wallin for a prospect: Seems fair, but that might be overpayment by Phoenix (depending on how much value Ross has..don't know him).

EDIT: One comment I forgot though. Both guys have a NTC so both would have to agree to this trade which would make it more difficult. Also, unless Phoenix really thinks they have a shot at going deep into the playoffs, not sure why they'd want 2 rentals. Don't know enough about Phoenix's situation.

Last edited by Boom Boom Anton: 02-01-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of renting players, but in my opinion, Whitney is the best player out there after Kovalchuk, but Kovalchuk's price tag will be far too steep.

Phoenix has proven they can compete with every team in the West and have given the Sharks fits at times. Considering their compete level against the likes of San Jose, Chicago and Vancouver, they just need a little bit more offensive creativity to go along with a well structured defensive system coached by Tippett.

Whitney gives them that. I am aware that they both have a NTC and yes, some convincing by the Coyotes brass would be needed, unfortunately.

When Ross was in junior, I saw him play about 6 or 7 times and he always sort of reminded me of a Denis Gauthier type defenseman with better offensive skills. He is a good skater and loves to hit. Currently he is playing in the AHL.

I think perhaps it is overpayment for Wallin, but that is to outbid other suitors for Whitney. I feel the Coyotes have enough defensive depth in the pipeline that they can afford to sacrifice Ross.

Old
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I would do that in a min

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

coyotes 1st rder is gonna prob end upp being around the 22-27 pick range. Thats not bad imho. But my question is, who has the higher upside between ross and tikhonov? Id like tikhonov here

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
bleedgreen

id take the guy more likely to stay in n america when things dont go right. i like the deal, tho i think wallin may surprise us in what he will bring back. its a good offer tho, i wouldnt walk away. only a matter of a team more likely to finish worse offering their first rounder.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Personally I think Tikhonov has the higher upside of the two. Really depends on what your team needs more.

For the record, Tikhonov wants to play in North America. The Coyotes loaned him to a Russian team with their AHL affiliate being kind of full.

Tikhonov projects to be a solid 2nd liner that plays well on both sides of the puck. Often used in a PK role last season.

Thanks for the input. Just tried proposing something I thought would be fair for both sides. I get annoyed with alot of the one sided proposals on these boards.

Now just let JR know about his offer haha.

Old
02-01-2010, 06:06 PM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Done and done, but I have my doubts that many coyotes fans would be willing to give up that much.

I'd take Ross over Tikhonov. All Russian factor aside, we have lots of solid 2nd-3rd line prospects but lack solid defenseman prosects. Outside of McBain, it's a toss up in how good Dumoulin, Jordan, Kivisto, Rissanen, Bellemore, Borer, etc. will end up.

Last edited by NobodysFaulkButMine: 02-01-2010 at 06:47 PM.
NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote