HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Amerk mid-season grades

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2005, 07:10 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Amerk mid-season grades

I posted this over on the Amerk boards, and I'll post them here too.

Askey (B+) Hasn't seen the ice much, but he always comes in and plays solid. A great backup

Bartovic (B) Inconsistant at times. When he's skating and playing hard he can't be stopped. But his hands are awful and he has't scored enough on a team that needs all the goals it can get.

Botterill- Incomplete. Could really use him on the PP!

Cullen (B) He seems better defensively this season, and he runs the PP better than Smith. I hated him last season, but I'd like him back right now.

Dufresne- Haven't really seen enough of him.

Gaustad (A) Such a hard worker. Great penalty killer. He always plays his heart out every game.

Janik (B+) Big improvement from the beginning of last season. Not trying to do too much like the previous couple of years. Reliable guy back there and sticks up for teammates.

Jillson (D-) Scored a few goals which prevented the F. Just bad all around. Terrible postionally, plays like a pansy and makes dumb decisions with the puck. I was excited when he signed, but now I wish he didn't.

Jorde (B+) Wasn't too happy when we had to put him in the lineup, but it's turned out well. Has turned his game around. No more dumb penalties and he keeps it simple, which he needed to with his lack of skating ability. Fights and checks.

Lingren- Hasn't played enough, but has been solid when he has played. Fighting a lot this season.

McMorrow (C) He does his job, but we've seen it done a lot better. Although he's improved, he can't play better than most good high schoolers. His fights have almost become unwatchable.

Miller (A+) MVP so far. Started off horribly and turned around to the point where he's leading this team to wherever it's going to go. With him playing the way he is, we can give anyone a run for their money in a 7 game series.

Milley (A) I was down on the Milley signing at first, but I've come to like it. He's an unsung hero. Plays physical in the corners, is very good defensively and chips in offensively somewhat.

Novotny (F) Where to begin? Terrible. Just flat out bad. The NA game isn't for him. He's bad in every area of the game. Zero hockey sense. Just leave. Please.

Paetsch (B+) I think he's very underrated defensively. I am pleased with him this season. I like him a lot back there. Good offensive skills, throws his weight around and makes a pretty good outlet pass.

Paille (B) I wasn't impressed for most of the first half, but he's turned it on lately. I think he'll have a much better second half.

Peters (B+) I'm a big Peters fan. But please, stop fighting. It's not working out. Stick to playing hard, checking everyone and playing hard every shift.

Pominville (B) Not the same without Pittis. Gets knocked off the puck, but he always trys. Obviosuly has a ton of skills. He just doesn't have that passer to get him the puck like last year.

Rohloff- Incomplete. Thought he would've turned it around. We'll never know.

Roy (C) I know, pretty low for the leading scorer. He's not what he was last year, and he's just not into it at times. Scoring only because of his talent. He needs to do more, and soon. I'm extremely dissapointed in his play.

Ryan (C+) He's been OK. Nothing special. I like his speed.

Smith (A+) Has held the defense together. Very steady and shows why he's been a good defensemen in this league for a while.

Taylor (B+) Very good as usual. Production offensively has been down. But he's just a good all around player and a good captain.

Thorburn (B) I think he's improved a lot. Plays physical, but could score a little more.

Vanek (B+) Impressive, for the most part. Invisible on some nights, and a force others. If he can find a little more consistency then he'll be a serious threat.

I give the team an "A" overall so far. You can't argue with a .700 win %. But I'm still not sold they are a team that can win in the playoffs.

Old
01-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Rhett4
Say no to Ekblad

Askey (A-)

Bartovic (C+)

Dufresne (B-)

Gaustad (A)

Janik (A-)

Jillson (D)

Jorde (B)

Lingren (B)

McMorrow (C+)

Miller (A+)

Milley (B+)

Novotny (D-)

Paetsch (A-)

Paille (B)

Peters (B+)

Pominville (B+)

Roy (B-)

Ryan (B-)

Smith (B+)

Taylor (B+)

Thorburn (A-)

Vanek (B+)

Old
01-14-2005, 02:04 AM
MrRuin

I think the best thing about this list is that everyone on the team has room to improve still (except maybe Miller who is at the peak) and they still sit in 1st place in their division.

Closed Thread