HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Season

Old
12-09-2009, 10:05 PM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The problem is that Asham is still on the team, will play and also with a Gagne that is coming back, it will make it hard for Cullen to join the team.

Gagne-Richards-Pyorala
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
JVR-Giroux-Asham
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
In what world is Asham playing a problem? Asham is way cooler then Carcillo.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:09 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
In what world is Asham playing a problem? Asham is way cooler then Carcillo.
If the Flyers could, I would love to see them play Powe or Kalinski where Carcillo is.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I am tired and maybe I do not see it.. Where is Jones cap hit?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 12:06 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I am tired and maybe I do not see it.. Where is Jones cap hit?
?? that post was from 9/27... when we waved Jones and his cpa hit didnt count (I suck on the whole cap thing but Im pretty sure Im right)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:17 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'll ask in here

Who here thinks we can keep, Carcillo, Asham, and Betts for cheap, this up coming off season? Yes I know it is way to early to start talking about the summer. But I would like to see this 3 signed for cheap. I believe we can do it. But I'd love to hear your guys feedback. I like to refer to those guys as our workhorses. They're all good at what they do.

As for Coburn/Parent I have no idea. Parent is hurt, but young. Coburn I'm 50 - 50 on.

Tollefsen, sorry no thanks. Guy is always hurt. Sorry Wolfy...If you're still around here.

Syvret I'd love to have back.

Emery - I'm going to wait till after the playoffs to think about him.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:13 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I'll ask in here

Who here thinks we can keep, Carcillo, Asham, and Betts for cheap, this up coming off season? Yes I know it is way to early to start talking about the summer. But I would like to see this 3 signed for cheap. I believe we can do it. But I'd love to hear your guys feedback. I like to refer to those guys as our workhorses. They're all good at what they do.

As for Coburn/Parent I have no idea. Parent is hurt, but young. Coburn I'm 50 - 50 on.

Tollefsen, sorry no thanks. Guy is always hurt. Sorry Wolfy...If you're still around here.

Syvret I'd love to have back.

Emery - I'm going to wait till after the playoffs to think about him.
Carcillo is a RFA so he will get a 10% raise on his current contract of .81667M/year and I doubt he will get an offer sheet thrown his way from another team.

Betts is a career 4th liner, he almost didn't get a job this year, so I think if we offer him .8-1M/year for 2-3 years he will love the contract stability and take it in a heartbeat.

Asham we could bring back, but, imo, we will more than likely replace him with some Phantoms next year (Kalinski being my personal choice, but a rebounded Maroon or a Laliberte could also be a possibility - maybe even Legein if he is still playing hockey? ). This is mainly because we have a ton of bottom six AHL players that need to crack this lineup eventually, not because Asham would cost considerably more than these guys or be a downgrade.

Tollefson will not be back, our defense, with the emergence of Bartulis and, imo anyway, Syvret, not to mention Marshall and Bourdon sitting in the wings waiting I just don't see a spot for him.

Parent is a RFA, again, a 10 percent raise on .855 is very nice for a young shut down defenseman, he will be back.

Coburn is a RFA as well; however, teams will probably be dumb enough to sign him to an offer sheet. In fact, he will most likely warrant 2M+ in an offer sheet, which will land the Flyers a 1st and 3rd round pick from the other team.... SIGN ME UP FOR THAT!!!

Syvret is a RFA, 10 percent raise on .575, noone will offer sheet him. He makes a great 7th dman as he has graduated from the AHL game, but is not neccessarily a NHL caliber player. Although, I must say, under Lavi he has looked very good and I could see him and Parent/Bartulis growing together in the future.

Emery is the big question mark, I think that there will be goalies out there that we can grab (like Nabokov) that would greatly improve our team if we are looking to drop big money; however, if Emery will take 3M/year for a few years I would be all over it.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Carcillo- Keep anything under 1.2 million
Betts - Sign 2/3 years at around 800k
Asham- Nothing against him, but Kalinski as mentioned looks primed to come up and play a checking role. We can't keep all 3 if we want Kalinski to get a shot. Or getting a more offensive third liner to play with JVR

Parent- Keep for cheap due to injuries
Coburn- Keep for reasonable price, or trade if great offer comes
Syvret- Keep as 7th d man if he is interested.
OKT- no need for him

Emery- hopefully keep on a reasonable deal.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
JVR-Powe-Kalinski/FA
Carcillo-Betts-Lapperiere

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Coburn
Parent-Bartulis
Syvret

Emery
Boucher

very similar to this years team. If Hartnell and Laviolette dont seem to be getting along I would investigate trading him, if we get good value

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:41 PM
CantSeeColors

FWIW, if Asham could be had for the same deal he's on now, he's $200k less on the cap than Kalinski or Legien. Important on this team.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:46 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

I'm all for putting Kalinski where Asham is. He fits that roll better than both Laliberte or Maroon.

Old
01-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I'm all for putting Kalinski where Asham is. He fits that roll better than both Laliberte or Maroon.
PL likes Asham a lot. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:01 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
PL likes Asham a lot. I wouldn't write him off just yet.
I love Asham, but we have a lot of guys fighting for those bottom spots of 8-13:

Lapperiere, Powe, Betts, Carcillo, Kalinski, Asham, Legein.

Maybe keep Asham and bring up Kalinski and carry 13 forwards for when Betts dislocates his shoulder

Old
01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
SolidSnakeUS

If we really needed more scoring, I would say put Legein where Asham is now. A line of JVR-Powe-Legein would be a pretty awesome line, and pretty scary on how many goals can be scored from it.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez
Tollefson will not be back, our defense, with the emergence of Bartulis and, imo anyway, Syvret, not to mention Marshall and Bourdon sitting in the wings waiting I just don't see a spot for him.
I believe you're wrong about OKT. There's a reason why Homer signed him in the first place. He's a big guy who brings that physical play to the blueline, and he's still the only defenseman who can do that next to Pronger. The players you mention are not even close to the physical stuff.

Homer wants some toughness back there, and he's not gonna get it by letting go of Tolly...instead he'll supply a rival team, there are not too many physical defensemen available.

Tolly's had a lot of bad luck this season, only played 10 games. He's not really been able to show what he can do yet, and Laviolette doesn't even know him except from practice. Give the guy a chance.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 03:20 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I believe you're wrong about OKT. There's a reason why Homer signed him in the first place. He's a big guy who brings that physical play to the blueline, and he's still the only defenseman who can do that next to Pronger. The players you mention are not even close to the physical stuff.

Homer wants some toughness back there, and he's not gonna get it by letting go of Tolly...instead he'll supply a rival team, there are not too many physical defensemen available.

Tolly's had a lot of bad luck this season, only played 10 games. He's not really been able to show what he can do yet, and Laviolette doesn't even know him except from practice. Give the guy a chance.
Marshall is a physical d man. He is also willing to drop the gloves.

Listen, I'm all for giving OKT a chance. But man the guy needs some luck on his side.

Old
01-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Kaktus*

Flyers are about $2.7 million under the salary cap, but that figure will be reduced when Ryan Parent ($855,000 salary-cap hit) and Danny Syvret ($486,000) come off the long-term injury list

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...e_Rangers.html

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
HoverCarle*

Next season we need to go after the cheap 1 year contract type guys for the top 9. Low money low risk high reward

A few possibilities:

Nolan
Modin
Cullen(could be a good 3rd C, Lavy likes him)
Lehtinen
Higgens
Bertuzzi
Halpern
Morrison
Holmstrom
Torres
Armstrong
Koivu

Old
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Next season we need to go after the cheap 1 year contract type guys for the top 9. Low money low risk high reward

A few possibilities:

Nolan
Modin
Cullen(could be a good 3rd C, Lavy likes him)
Lehtinen
Higgens
Bertuzzi
Halpern
Morrison
Holmstrom
Torres
Armstrong
Koivu
I like holmstrom to man the PP crease. Do we really think he'll be available?

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:59 AM
HoverCarle*

who knows.

We should either sign a top 6 cheap winger, or a 3rd line C. And Keep Asham, Powe, Carcillo, Betts, Coburn, Parent, Kraijcek

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
JVR-Cullen/UFA-Asham
Carcillo-Betts-Lapp
Powe

or

Gagne-Richards-Lehtinen
Hartnell-Carter-Briere
JVR-Giroux-Asham
Carcillo-Betts-Lapp
Powe

Pronger-Carle
Coburn-Timonen
Parent-Kraijcek
Bart

Old
02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I like holmstrom to man the PP crease. Do we really think he'll be available?
Based on the way their team had troubles down the stretch last year and their issues this year, it's not ridiculous to think they could try to get younger. With Franzen locked up Holmstrom could be the odd man out for that. Not holding my breath, but it would be a huge pickup.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 09:49 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Is Mike Rathje still costing the Flyers 3.5 mil. in cap space, if it is why don't the Flyers retire him? Or are they on the hook til 2011?

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:08 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Is Mike Rathje still costing the Flyers 3.5 mil. in cap space, if it is why don't the Flyers retire him? Or are they on the hook til 2011?
Rathje is $3.5 mill this year, the last year of his deal. The Flyers can't force a player into retirement.

Rathje is on LTIR, meaning he only counts on the cap when the Flyers are spending under the cap (Rathje's salary counts on the cap up to our limit, then insurance takes the rest). He also counts against the cap during the offseason, but the Flyers are given a 10% cushion in the offseason to accommodate IR players.

Basically, for our numbers, ignore Rathje exists, but after this season he is off our payroll and a UFA.

Old
02-27-2010, 01:10 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1347
From Tim P's column today:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...979&feedID=695

Quote:
Six.

That’s how many Flyers have either a no-trade or no-movement clause.

It’s part of a multi-pronged, complicated scenario that plays out every season with the Flyers and has hurt their ability to make major trades without moving significant salary in return.

It causes salary cap logjam.

It’s a reason why the Flyers won’t be making any significant moves when the NHL trade deadline rolls on Wednesday, although, not the entire reason.

Mike Rathje has been the ultimate hockey albatross, hanging around the Flyers’ necks like an Olympic medal since he last played for them three years ago.

As long as a club has a player on long-term injury – and Rathje will remain there through June 30 – whenever it trades for another player, it has to have the cap room to absorb that player’s full cap hit. The pro-rated amount doesn’t matter. You get tagged with the full amount.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:22 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
This is pretty much what I have been saying for about 2 years now, yet I continue to see posts pop up all over the place taking about how we can swing deals due to pro-rated salaries when in reality, we can't.

Old
03-14-2010, 09:24 PM
HoverCarle*

Here are some 3rd line C free agent targets:

S Koivu
Cullen
Modano
Belanger
Morrisson
Madden
Malhotra

Old
03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Kesler just got $5m per over 6 years according to McKenzie. Some people here keep speculating that Carter might go to the $7.00m range. As I said before, there's not much of a chance that Carter goes right up to or past Briere's price in a long-term deal. I suspect $5.75m for Carter locked up for a relatively long time sort of like a Richards' deal. $6m per if it's under 4 years.

Just thought I'd share for all the non-believers out there.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote