HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

David Hale

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
David Hale

You would wonder what sort of pressence he has on the Albany River Rats. He has played 14 games for the team so far. In those games Albany has went 6, 6, 1 and 1. That is 14 of a possible 28 points which is highly respectable.

Without Hale we have gone 3, 14, 3 and 3. That is 20 losses in our last 23. I know that there was others who were injured during that period but we really need Hale back. He takes pressure off the other defensmen and can play with the big boys like Spezza and Bergeron.

Anyone have any idea when he is suppost to return. Before Christmas they said Hale was almost ready to return. It is the 11th now.

Old
01-11-2005, 08:24 AM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
You would wonder what sort of pressence he has on the Albany River Rats. He has played 14 games for the team so far. In those games Albany has went 6, 6, 1 and 1. That is 14 of a possible 28 points which is highly respectable.

Without Hale we have gone 3, 14, 3 and 3. That is 20 losses in our last 23. I know that there was others who were injured during that period but we really need Hale back. He takes pressure off the other defensmen and can play with the big boys like Spezza and Bergeron.

Anyone have any idea when he is suppost to return. Before Christmas they said Hale was almost ready to return. It is the 11th now.
I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully, this will be the last time this happens for a couple years. Unfortunately, this illness is something the devils will have to deal with since it is chronic. In the past, it has been a problem about every other season.

Old
01-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4check22
I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully, this will be the last time this happens for a couple years. Unfortunately, this illness is something the devils will have to deal with since it is chronic. In the past, it has been a problem about every other season.
Yea, I remember hearing that in his final year with UND. Then he came back with avengence averaging a + every game.

Old
01-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Hellsempire

Hale is still recovering from that Kidney disease or problem he has been having. I just hope he makes it back out on the ice sometime. He is such a young promising D-man that is being missed on that Rats team. They need Hale and hope he makes it back soon.

Old
01-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Sum

It's a pity. He was given responsabilities at the start of the season, being named assistant captain, and he's just played fourteen games. I feel bad for him, he's a very promising player who can help Albany a lot. This season is important, he has the opportunity to improve and gain experience, even if it's not in the NHL.

Old
01-12-2005, 12:08 PM
4check22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum
It's a pity. He was given responsabilities at the start of the season, being named assistant captain, and he's just played fourteen games. I feel bad for him, he's a very promising player who can help Albany a lot. This season is important, he has the opportunity to improve and gain experience, even if it's not in the NHL.
I agree, although I think Hale had a better season last year than a lot of people gave him credit for. True, he took some stupid penalties at ill-advised times, but he was strong in his own zone (especially in front of the crease). As far as I'm concerned, he's ready to play 18+ minutes right now. All the injuries to our defensemen last year kinda thrust him to the spotlight a little early, but had he not been inured himself at the end of the year, I think it might have been a bit tougher for Philly. Oh well, by the time the NHL season starts, he will be completely healthy.

Old
01-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Niedermayer21

Do any of you know the name of Hale's chronic kidney condition? Is it career-threatening? I remember him being diagnosed in college, or maybe even earlier. I do remember reading something about it during his freshman year at UND.

Because of Hale's illness, he may never be more than a seventh defenseman. That is a reality the Devils may have to face. This just plain sucks!!!

Old
01-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
Do any of you know the name of Hale's chronic kidney condition? Is it career-threatening? I remember him being diagnosed in college, or maybe even earlier. I do remember reading something about it during his freshman year at UND.

Because of Hale's illness, he may never be more than a seventh defenseman. That is a reality the Devils may have to face. This just plain sucks!!!
I did know, but I thought he was past it... I think it's not going to jeopardize his career, but it is going to limit his usefulness in the long run.

Old
01-14-2005, 08:06 AM
4check22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
That's highly unlikely simply because of the nature of the illness. If he takes care of himself and regularly takes his meds, the condition only effects him every two or three years. Then, yes, he will miss time like he has these past two months. However, his last bout with this disease only lasted 3 to 4 weeks before he was able to resume playing games. It is a hit-n-miss disease -- kinda like chronic fatigue but obviously not as chronic.

Closed Thread