HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which player impresses you the most up till now?

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 02:35 AM
Kerberos

vCash:
Which player impresses you the most up till now?

For me, it is Sheldon Souray. He seems to have practiced really hard during the whole time he was injured because he seems to have added a step or two to his skating and he looks much quicker than before. I think that he will be a big surprise this season and might turn out to be our most reliable defensive rearguard and maybe put up 10 goals.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:53 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
I know it's pre-season but Michael Ryder has been all over the place. I like the fire he brings to our team. He's a goalscorer that can muck it up so hopefully he'll stick with us.

Cap

Old
09-24-2003, 05:49 AM
Darz

I haven't watched the games, but the players that I would put in the 'like what I hear' category would be:

Ryder & Higgins

Old
09-24-2003, 06:01 AM
Asgalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Mike Ribeiro, he got bigger, and faster.. and Michael Ryder for his style of play is JUST what the habs need =D
100% agree

Old
09-24-2003, 06:03 AM
komisakick ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Mike Ribeiro, he got bigger, and faster.. and Michael Ryder for his style of play is JUST what the habs need =D
Yeah Ribeiro is dominant

Old
09-24-2003, 06:10 AM
Corey

I'd say Ryder. I had never seen him and was uncertain he was an NHL player. He is. Why not the younger prospects? Because they were expected to be good from the day they were drafted. We kept hearing about Kastsitsyn (not yet seen), Higgins, Perezhogin, Komisarek, Hainsey, and company, and we would have been shocked if they had turned out to be busts.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:16 AM
GilleZ

I'll say Perreault. This guy is so deadly when he have a chance. I have absolutly no idea how we can make a good line with him, but if our problem is to burry chances, this is the guy I'm counting on. Now lets see if he can do it on the road.

Go Habs Go!!

Old
09-24-2003, 06:18 AM
Joe Maximum

Ryder was impressive... The one play that actually got me sold on the kid was when he delivered a decent body check to Zdeno Chara vs the sens...

Old
09-24-2003, 06:24 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Don't want to sound like a bandwagoner here but I'll probably do because I'm sold on Ryder. I liked him during the playoffs but he wasn't the most dominant on the ice, mainly due to him playing with an injury but this year, look out. I saw the game against the Bruins and he was all over the place. Physical, fearless, intense, crash and bang style, amazing shot, intelligent and mature on the ice, does not compromise himself with boneheaded plays, it's impossible this guy isn't in the lineup coming octobre 9th. Could be on a 3rd or 4th line, but he'll be there.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:32 AM
Nyclaus

Ryder is at least 3rd line material for sure with the habs..very good news!

Old
09-24-2003, 07:52 AM
oli500

For me is micheal ryder and mike komisarek. Does two guys have tremoundis work ethic.

Old
09-24-2003, 09:05 AM
Kerberos

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
For me is Micheal Ryder and Mike Komisarek. Those two guys have tremendous work ethic.
Had to stare at it for 1 min to understand so I'll clarify it for others.

Old
09-24-2003, 09:32 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Don't want to sound like a bandwagoner here but I'll probably do because I'm sold on Ryder. I liked him during the playoffs but he wasn't the most dominant on the ice, mainly due to him playing with an injury but this year, look out. I saw the game against the Bruins and he was all over the place. Physical, fearless, intense, crash and bang style, amazing shot, intelligent and mature on the ice, does not compromise himself with boneheaded plays, it's impossible this guy isn't in the lineup coming octobre 9th. Could be on a 3rd or 4th line, but he'll be there.

Ryder was dominate in the playoffs. He led the playoffs in goal scoring with 11. Game 7 was bad for him and most of the entire team.

Old
09-24-2003, 09:44 AM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Ryder was dominate in the playoffs. He led the playoffs in goal scoring with 11. Game 7 was bad for him and most of the entire team.
I'd like to see Ward and Ryder together....

Why not with Perreault when Koivu would be set to return in the lineup... I'm very not sold Audette... I'd like to see him away from the 1st line.. BUt i think he will be on the 1st....

Old
09-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Ryder was very good during the playoffs but in the games I saw you could see he wasn't 100% along the boards. And it's pretty much confirmed IMO with the giant leap he took during training camp in that regard. He is NOW dominating along the boards and very, very strong on his skates.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:18 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Well, at this point, it's really tough to say, as many guys stood out, but not always for the good reasons. Seriously, I was pretty amazed with Hainsey's game up to now. I believe it's a mix of maturity, and confidence that made him progress that much (I know that's what we were pretending before last season started). While he looked out of place and nervous a few times last season in the NHL, he appeared to me like a guy would was pretty confident with the puck, most of the time taking the good decision, in any kinds of situation.

I won't pretend he is ready for a regular spot in the NHL, as I believe another season in the AHL would pay off, but he could very well be called up at some point in the season, if he keeps on doing so amazingly well. You can tell he has been working on his speed, and on his defensive game. Perhaps being coached by Doug Jarvis will help him being a very complete defenseman.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:30 PM
caper13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
sounds like a bob gainey type of player

Closed Thread