HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

The majority have spoken, so this thread has been designated to hold all Eklund rumours.

If you decide to open a new thread to discuss Eklund rumours, it will be closed or deleted. We are not going to merge a bunch of threads into this one.

We are also going to keep this thread as a non-sticky for now. If it becomes a hassle, we will change it in the future.

Here are some guidelines.

1. Check to see if the rumour has already been posted in this thread. This will help cut down on rumours being posted several different times.
2. Do not quote the whole rumour.
3. Provide a link.

If you don't like Eklund, ignore this thread or stay out of it. Any negative comments towards Eklund will result in you receiving a warning or infraction.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-02-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old
02-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Pandemic

good idea. I was about to insult eklund again, but then i read the last sentence

Old
02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Rgolt

thank u
i was tired of seeing 50 different threads of eklunds rumors

Old
02-02-2010, 01:44 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Finally

Old
02-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Majority rule works out for the best.

You might want to re-think you're philosophy there, Plato. Just cause your greek, that doesn't make you omniscient.

Old
02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Even though I hate Eklund and his lackies, I believe the deal was for the thread to be stickied as well ? That way tools won't be creating new ones.

Old
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Even though I hate Eklund and his lackies, I believe the deal was for the thread to be stickied as well ? That way tools won't be creating new ones.
Check what I wrote in the OP.

"If you decide to open a new thread to discuss Eklund rumours, it will be closed or deleted."

Old
02-02-2010, 02:50 PM
alexstream

at last

Old
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Check what I wrote in the OP.

"If you decide to open a new thread to discuss Eklund rumours, it will be closed or deleted."
Yeah, but new members. Plus, if this falls off the first page they'll just make a new one.

People can't even differentiate between Out of town news and post in that thread, or just make a new one.

Someone is on waivers ? That's cool, is he a member of the habs ? No. Was he picked up by the habs ? No, then it belongs in the out of town thread. It'll be the same with Eklund threads now. I can sense it. At least they will be deleted/ moved asap. Though, I swear Eklund just reads my posts and then says Montréal is interested in that player. I mentioned wanting Brule not too long ago. I'm surprised he hasn't made one for Brouwer.

Old
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
TankEller*

Hopefully the crybabies will stop whining now...

Old
02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yeah, but new members. Plus, if this falls off the first page they'll just make a new one.

People can't even differentiate between Out of town news and post in that thread, or just make a new one.

Someone is on waivers ? That's cool, is he a member of the habs ? No. Was he picked up by the habs ? No, then it belongs in the out of town thread. It'll be the same with Eklund threads now. I can sense it. At least they will be deleted/ moved asap. Though, I swear Eklund just reads my posts and then says Montréal is interested in that player. I mentioned wanting Brule not too long ago. I'm surprised he hasn't made one for Brouwer.
I see your point, but the closer we get to the trade deadline. The less chance this thread will leave the first page.

If this is made into a sticky thread or not. There is still going to be someone who doesn't see it and starts a new thread. So whether it's a sticky thread or not, really doesn't make a difference IMO.

As for the Out of Town thread. That's a totally different discussion, that we (mods) will have to look closely at in the future.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Next Best Thing*

So.. what's the latest?

Surely Bob is planning something acording to him...

Enough talking about why this thread needs a purpose, imagine if that Lats vs Pouls one wasn't made, we'd been flocked with 5 threads every time he scored.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Kovalchuk and the Devils

Although everything with the Devils is always so secretive, the rumbling around the league is the Devils are very much in on Ilya Kovalchuk.

No one will talk, but I have had three sources now tell me, "There is something to this."

Still working on my big rumor blog to come, but this is gaining way too much momentum to ignore.

Added: Apparently Denis Potvin mentioned this possibility on XM this morning as well.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...o-that/1/25969

Old
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
Although everything with the Devils is always so secretive, the rumbling around the league is the Devils are very much in on Ilya Kovalchuk.

No one will talk, but I have had three sources now tell me, "There is something to this."

Still working on my big rumor blog to come, but this is gaining way too much momentum to ignore.

Added: Apparently Denis Potvin mentioned this possibility on XM this morning as well.

Interested in the "Most Tradeable Players" and where they may be heading? To see more exact details and percentages constantly changing based on my conversations throughout the day visit The NHL Trade Rumor Chart. Your support is greatly appreciated. - Eklund

I dont think NJ has the pieces for Kovalchuk tbh, it's not like they will trade Parise, Elias has no value to ATL and I don't see Lou trading away first rounders a la Burke.

IMO it's going to be a 1-for-1 swap for ATL like they did with Heatley because their GM lacks creativity and insight (terrible return for Hossa) so they won't try that again.

Old
02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

I can't see Lou Lam giving into anyone's demands, be it Waddell's or then eventually Kovy....

Old
02-02-2010, 04:10 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

about time, ironically, this makes him even more popular lol

Old
02-02-2010, 04:40 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:

Ok look this IS the Montreal Canadiens board right? So I think it's fair to assume to we'd want to hear about Eklund Montreal Canadiens rumors. Enough people already don't give a rats' ass about Eklund, you need better targeting here

Old
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
LastRide

Sources tell me the Canadiens/Oilers situation is coming to a head..."There are some key players involved..Edmonton Loves this deal. Montreal is waiting. We are hearing the Canadiens also received the best offer yet for one of their goalies, but in doing this deal the Habs would be setting themselves up for an issue with their backup. However, down the line they would be far, far better off were they to make this deal."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...alchuk/1/25981

Old
02-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

By proposing a Eklund thread, I didn't mean to have EVERYTHING that Eklund writes about every team in the NHL. People should just refrain in posting Habs related stuff. If you're interesting in the rest of the league, maybe visit the NHL trade board or something else.

But this is a Habs board. I suggest the thread to be called "All Habs related Eklund rumors". Everything else doesn't belong here.

Old
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Ok look this IS the Montreal Canadiens board right? So I think it's fair to assume to we'd want to hear about Eklund Montreal Canadiens rumors. Enough people already don't give a rats' ass about Eklund, you need better targeting here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
By proposing a Eklund thread, I didn't mean to have EVERYTHING that Eklund writes about every team in the NHL. People should just refrain in posting Habs related stuff. If you're interesting in the rest of the league, maybe visit the NHL trade board or something else.

But this is a Habs board.
I'll take the blame for this. I should have been more specific in the thread title. I'm going to change it now.

Old
02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Sources tell me the Canadiens/Oilers situation is coming to a head..."There are some key players involved..Edmonton Loves this deal. Montreal is waiting. We are hearing the Canadiens also received the best offer yet for one of their goalies, but in doing this deal the Habs would be setting themselves up for an issue with their backup. However, down the line they would be far, far better off were they to make this deal."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...alchuk/1/25981
if it is true I think I'd like a big center or top 4 defenseman who is YOUNG for either it Carey or Jaro, We need to find a way to pull something similar to a phaneuf trade

Old
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Aside from Edmonton's first (overall pick) only Brule or Penner are of interest in Edmonton.
I can guarantee Edmonton wants Price and Sergei Kostitsyn....

Despite all you haters Price will be the btter goalie in the FUTURE when compared to Halak. Price, Montreal's first, Sergei Kostitsyn for Brule and Edmonton's first

Old
02-02-2010, 09:42 PM
hockeyjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Aside from Edmonton's first (overall pick) only Brule or Penner are of interest in Edmonton.
I can guarantee Edmonton wants Price and Sergei Kostitsyn....

Despite all you haters Price will be the btter goalie in the FUTURE when compared to Halak. Price, Montreal's first, Sergei Kostitsyn for Brule and Edmonton's first
take it! i say we keep yaro and Edmonton's first! Taylor hall would be a very good consolation prize!!

Old
02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
sampollock

penner

Old
02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
thank u