HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Digital Arts
Digital Arts Show off your graphics skills. Images may be sports-related. Request or create custom avatars, team calendars, wallpapers etc..

Photoshop Advice

Old
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Photoshop Advice

I've been playing around for a few months now in photoshop programs, making wallpapers, sigs, stuff like that.

These are most of the sigs I have done:
http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt311/cody_275/

And here are the wallpapers:
http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/t...gs/Wallpapers/

Now, I know that they aren't amazing. I was wondering if anyone had any advice that would help me work on improving them.

cody275 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:42 AM
The Russian General
#CanadaAndRefsTeam

I'm far from a pro but I can tell you need to improve the way you use the fonts. How? Well that's another story since I'm pretty noob.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Stacy

Yeah I'm gonna say you should work on your fonts too. At the moment the first (and only) thing you see is the font and it detracts from the photo as a whole, they just seem to abrasive and demanding to me. I think it would be better if you chose different fonts all together and used them more subtly.

Last edited by Stacy: 01-14-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

The the best advice I can give you when you're just starting out is to keep your focal points simple.

Just concentrate on using one image and work around that. Otherwise you just end up cluttering the whole thing up and your eye doesn't know where to focus. Also, by using one singular image, it also helps you with continuity as well as being able to focus on playing around with the many effects you can create using photoshop.

Take this image for example:

You're immediately drawn to one singular focal point. Everything else is secondary and flows away from the focal. Text is really an after thought. Concentrate on lighting and positioning before you get to anything text related.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Layer blending, and lighting. Mastering and/or using them appropriately will take your designs to another level. These two elements to me are two of the most important in digital art of any kind.

Type, and general rules of aesthetics are also a good place to start. Such as use of white space, element placing, simplicity, and subject focus.

There are plenty of great free tutorials out there for just about anything. Use them to your advantage.

02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Snipeshow

Text is one of the most important.

Poor choice of text can completely ruin a piece, whereas great text can completely win the piece over.

Snipeshow is online now   Reply With Quote