HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Roller Hockey Wheel Help

Old
02-02-2010, 03:37 PM
XweekendwarriorX

vCash: 500
Roller Hockey Wheel Help

Just got some new blades for a roller team i was asked to join. they came with outdoor wheels and dont really know much about whats a good wheel or bad. i got a pair of http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-...x-sr-2010.html any help would be great i plan on getting new bearings in a few weeks but wheels i need some help.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
DJ Kariyaaa
Downie Fan Club

mine are 84A on the hardness scale and have worked well for me.. no real wear on them and i toast normal wheels incredibly quickly. i'd say the harder the better

DJ Kariyaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 07:40 PM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kariyaaa View Post
mine are 84A on the hardness scale and have worked well for me.. no real wear on them and i toast normal wheels incredibly quickly. i'd say the harder the better
Personally, I find 84A to be too hard but that's the great thing, different players have different preferences and lots of options. When playing indoor I find 76a-78a is about the right durometer. I play outdoors in a tennis court too with 84a's and sometimes those still slip out on me even on a hot summer day.

Oh and if you're looking for a brand I'm partial to Hyper wheels.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
TinofGrizz

There are a lot more factors at play here to determine what durometer you actually need. What type of surface do you skate on and what is your weight? If you are on sport court then a 84a wheel is going to be way to hard no matter what your weight is. Indoor wheels need to be between 74-78a.

TinofGrizz is offline   Reply With Quote