HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings interested in Lecavalier

Old
02-02-2010, 12:58 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'd rather see Parse moved instead of Moller as well, but I feel that Moller would be more coveted by teams due to his higher ceiling. Whereas Parse is better suited as a third line guy who can chip in, Moller can turn out to be a top six forward (which I believe he will become). But in order to get a player like Lecavalier, I think a young prospect would have to be included along with a proven forward.
Yeah, I agree that Moller will be coveted more than Parse but we can compensate for that by upgrading propspect(s) or pick(s) in the trade.

To TB:

Stoll
Parse
Purcell
Voinov

Reasonable?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yeah, I agree that Moller will be coveted more than Parse but we can compensate for that by upgrading propspect(s) or pick(s) in the trade.

To TB:

Stoll
Parse
Purcell
Voinov

Reasonable?
Exchange Stoll with Richardson & exchange Purcell with Moller. Let's face it, Purcell does not have any value.

Stoll is a deal breaker for me.

Again, NTC, 7.7 mil cap hit for 10 yrs, Limited amount of teams, TB is in a position of weakness.

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
Exchange Stoll with Richardson & exchange Purcell with Moller. Let's face it, Purcell does not have any value.

Stoll is a deal breaker for me.

Again, NTC, 7.7 mil cap hit for 10 yrs, Limited amount of teams, TB is in a position of weakness.
In order for LA to make it work, I think Stoll has to go. They have to clear some bit of salary and make room at center. I would hate to lose Stoll as well and prefer they give up Handzus before Stoll. But to get a #1 center like Lecavalier, unfortunately, Stoll has to be part of the deal.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
In order for LA to make it work, I think Stoll has to go. They have to clear some bit of salary and make room at center. I would hate to lose Stoll as well and prefer they give up Handzus before Stoll. But to get a #1 center like Lecavalier, unfortunately, Stoll has to be part of the deal.
The kings have the room to keep all of them. Frolov, Zus, Williams, Clouts & Macauley's contracts will be coming off the books. The only 2 players that need extensions are Doughty & Simmonds. Everyone else is tied up for the next 3-5 years and prospects such as Schenn, Hickey, Teubert, et al will be on entry level contracts.

Let's be real, Richardson will be no better than Army. It is time to start competing for the Cup instead of thinking about salary structure. The kings have it under control.

Old
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
The kings have the room to keep all of them. Frolov, Zus, Williams, Clouts & Macauley's contracts will be coming off the books. The only 2 players that need extensions are Doughty & Simmonds. Everyone else is tied up for the next 3-5 years and prospects such as Schenn, Hickey, Teubert, et al will be on entry level contracts.

Let's be real, Richardson will be no better than Army. It is time to start competing for the Cup instead of thinking about salary structure. The kings have it under control.
Why would the Kings tie up all those resources in four top three centers?

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Why would the Kings tie up all those resources in four top three centers?
Because it adds depth & it will put them in contention for the Cup. Futhermore, DL covets centers more than wingers. Plus, Zus' contract will be off the books in the after next season. Trust me, the kings are well positioned.

This is all nonsense anyway, according to the lastest news, VL is not going anywhere.

Old
02-03-2010, 10:19 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Are the Vinny rumors dead?

I would prefer a Vinny and a Poni type of deals over Kovy.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Are the Vinny rumors dead?

I would prefer a Vinny and a Poni type of deals over Kovy.
It likely is until Kovalchuk is dealt. Nobody knows how viable those rumors were in the first place given that Vinny is infinitely more complicated than Kovalchuk. I would wager that he doesn't get traded though. I don't think an ownership change would result in him being traded.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

I will be really surprised if he's moved at the deadline. There will probably be a slim chance he's moved at the draft. But, if they didn't trade him last year before the NTC kicked in, I don't see them trading him at all.

He's a Lightning for life. But I agree with RH.

Old
02-04-2010, 10:34 AM
SFKingshomer

I don't like that contract but as a player, I prefer him over Kovalchuk.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 10:37 AM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
I don't like that contract but as a player, I prefer him over Kovalchuk.
Same

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote