HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 10 Predictions for the Bruins this Season?

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 06:20 PM
monkey_00*

vCash: 500
Top 10 Predictions for the Bruins this Season?

Top 10 Predictions for the Bruins this Season?...........I like to visit this Forum from time-to-time just to check up on what the Bruin's fans think and have to say about their favorite NHL team.......I'd like to get some opinions from Bruins fans out there on what your Top 10 Predictions for your Bruins will be this season...........Top 10 Predictions for the Bruins this Season?...........

Old
09-24-2003, 06:40 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Top 10 Predictions for the Bruins this Season?...........I like to visit this Forum from time-to-time just to check up on what the Bruin's fans think and have to say about their favorite NHL team.......I'd like to get some opinions from Bruins fans out there on what your Top 10 Predictions for your Bruins will be this season...........Top 10 Predictions for the Bruins this Season?...........
I'll pass on the predictions because as the Patriots are showing- injuries can take a legit top 5 or 6 team with Super Bowl aspirations and turn them into picking in single digits in the Draft. I'll say this, if there goaltending is average in the EAST- say 8th best in performance and there top 6 players can play 75 games healthy (Joe, Sergei, Murray, Rolston, McGillis and Boynton) they will be fighting for home ice in playoffs. But what the heck

1 Thornton wins scoring crown
2 Samsonov finally scores 30 goals
3 Murray doesn't get 40
4 neither Bergeron and Zinovjev make impact this year (I hope the Great Broonkin in the sky didn't hear this Charlie Brown) but both give Broon fans hope by performing well in Juniors and Prov/Boston (Zino)
5 no rookie forwards score even 15 goals
6 Jillson has peaks and valley but grades out well and is on way to long career
7 Samuelsson looks like a keeper/Hilbert draws comparisons to Mann
8 Sullivan is one of three finalists for Coach of Year
9 Raycroft is number one goalie by end of year and starts playoffs vs Habs
10 Jonathan Girard scores in OT in game 7 of round 1 to beat the Habs in comeback from serious auto injury and send the Fleece crowd into a frenzy giving hope to Broons fans all over they can pull a Patriots 2002; Red Sox 2003 and win a World Championship- a true Boston sports fan Hat Trick

Old
09-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Duguay

Here's mine

1) The Bruins will be inconsistent, and will battle a group of 5 other teams (down to the wire) for the final 3 playoff spots
2) Hilbert and Huml not ready for prime-time
3) Patrice Bergeron starts the season in Boston, but is returned to Jr. after making little impact
4) Raycroft wins the starting job, but loses it to an improving Potvin after he hits a bad stretch
5) Thornton gets 100 points, Murray 40 goals, and Samsonov 30
6) The team picks up a Center in the waiver draft, and flirts with acquiring another all season long (at the cost of a vet D-man)
7) Zinovjev and Jillson make the team/ Berard not resigned but Ken Klee is signed
8) Michael Karlstrom remains positive through it all
9) Meister doesn't
10) MOC gets fired should the team miss the Playoffs

Closed Thread