HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lolwut? Habs beat canucks 3-2

Old
02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
If Halak doesn't get traded before the trade deadline, he's going to stay in Montreal if Gainey gets replaced. I'd be ready to bet on this.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Man he just stopped 45 shots. I swear if Halak scored the GWG it would still not be enough.
he created a ton of extra shots for himself by not controlling the puck very well. We were the better team on the ice, albeit not by much, but the shot totals do not reflect that.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tray4Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaitsCanKillJesus View Post
because he was hurt with the check he received
Pretty sure he went to the locker room after the PP's were over.

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PoolChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
We should always play Halak against the Canucks.
No, you should always play Halak.

PoolChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CrazyShea

Habs play a great game a still give up 47 shots? But as much as i would like to see us get a top pick this year it's worth beating those ****ing canucks. Imo their fans are the most annoying thing in hockey and I will enjoy them crying about reffing and such tonight. Praise Halak

CrazyShea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
45 saves for Halak tonight. And another 2 points for Benoit "Poo Poo Express" Pouliot.
lol thank god, pools was lookin like all he wanted to do was score with 11 goals and 1 assist lol, 2 helpers tonight should start evening that out

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Haha...it does happen once in awhile.
Do I need to watch for flying crap now from the angry monkey? hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I quit counting the non-calls. I figured counting grains of sand would be a better way to spend my time.
I try to do the same.. BUT sometimes if Im really into the game it bugs the living crap outta me

Last edited by Darz: 02-02-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Haha...it does happen once in awhile.
Figures, on a night where your slacking off I could have come in here and swept the board... I actually did some work while I watched the game... Scary.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
he created a ton of extra shots for himself by not controlling the puck very well. We were the better team on the ice, albeit not by much, but the shot totals do not reflect that.
Halak does this alot; this is why he often has high shot counts. At least he stops them though.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vik352

vCash: 50
And so all negative threads dissapear, until the next loss.....

vik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
If Halak doesn't get traded before the trade deadline, he's going to stay in Montreal if Gainey gets replaced. I'd be ready to bet on this.
Halak's reasons for needing to be elsewhere seem to be gone. The team will not benefit by trading him. Crisis averted. I don't see anyone going anywhere this season.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
with his poor puckhandling, turnovers and misplayed shots?
It really does burn your soul to see Halak win, doesn't it? He's 24 and can still improve on the flaws you just mentioned.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Hammer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Don't come in here and complain about the reffing. Our first 2 calls were weak as hell and the refs put away their whistles until the third period to give us anything.
It was a Pay per View game out here, and I was on my way home from work. Game time was 4:30 here. I only saw half of the third and the first period over a stream. I stand by my assessment of the two calls, Halak went down like he had been shot. I didn't come in here to complain about those calls, I came to give props to Halak for stealing a game for you guys tonight that I didn't feel you had much business winning. Oh well, bounces didn't go our way, our divisional competition is imploding atm anyway. Nothing to worry about...

In general though, teams that don't move their feet and create offensive chances fail to draw penalties, and the Canucks badly outshot you guys tonight. Think that might have had anything to do with your lack of powerplay opportunities?

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
linp

Currently Halak is our best player. Plekanec out played Gomez again. His line looked much better than Gomez's line. Lapierre's line had a lot of energy. Weber is still not quite ready and takes penalties. Gorges, O'Byrne and Markov played very well. Gill was error-free. Hamrlik took two penalties.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:23 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik352 View Post
Which should be pretty soon.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
lol at the canucks fan invading our board to whine about the referees... i think they missed the first 2 periods...

btw it was a textbook call on burrows... especially when the guy is a marked man by the referees, you dont take those kind of chances...

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Halak's reasons for needing to be elsewhere seem to be gone. The team will not benefit by trading him. Crisis averted. I don't see anyone going anywhere this season.
This is why I think Price is going to be the odd man out if another GM comes in this summer. There's no rational argument to keep Price anymore... Halak already arguably is one of the 15 best goalies this season so far.

Nothing against Price, but if he can fetch a better return, pull the freaking trigger.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
hendextall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Man he just stopped 45 shots. I swear if Halak scored the GWG it would still not be enough.
Too bad you didn't want to read what I had written

At no point did i say he didn't do enough tonight. The question was what more could you want, and I answered it. Bad rebounds, which he gives a lot of, create lots of extra opportunities. Luckily for Halak his amazing reflexes and athleticism help him to react and make the save most of the time, but still lead to almost giving me a heart attack. All I am saying is that if he learns to control those rebounds he would be a much better goaltender, and wouldn't have to make those extra saves.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
I can't imagine seeing Sergei keep the passion going like that if he's playing for a coach that refuses to reward him for an incredible effort.

Darche? PP unit? Reallllllly?

Why doesn't he just roll the top two lines for his 2 units? I honestly can't comprehend what he's thinking on this.
I dont get this aswell. I feel like JM is challenging Sergei to leave this team again. Best forward on the ice... but no powerplay time. What. The. ****?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
It was a Pay per View game out here, and I was on my way home from work. Game time was 4:30 here. I only saw half of the third and the first period over a stream. I stand by my assessment of the two calls, Halak went down like he had been shot. I didn't come in here to complain about those calls, I came to give props to Halak for stealing a game for you guys tonight that I didn't feel you had much business winning. Oh well, bounces didn't go our way, our divisional competition is imploding atm anyway. Nothing to worry about...

In general though, teams that don't move their feet and create offensive chances fail to draw penalties, and the Canucks badly outshot you guys tonight. Think that might have had anything to do with your lack of powerplay opportunities?
burrows is an idiot, he shouldnt be there in the first place

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Because Gainey has a collective Hard On for Price because he wasted a lottery pick on him, that's why.
lol. how does gainey have a collective hard on? that doesnt even make sense.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
I thought that the unsportsmanlike conduct bar was set pretty low by the refs on that Kesler call earlier in the 3rd period, so why Halak didn't get called for the flop after getting contacted by Burrows is beyond me. Most nights that kind of hit on Luongo doesn't even get called as goalie interference for us...

Oh well, sometimes you lose games you feel you deserved to win, hopefully the Canucks can blow Ottawa out in frustration
there must be some really deluded canucks fans out there. if the refs really wanted to, they could have called 5 or 6 diving penalties on you guys. i've actually never seen anyone flop around like burrows and kesler, i'd be pretty embarrassed.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik352 View Post
or all the positive appear.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
It really does burn your soul to see Halak win, doesn't it? He's 24 and can still improve on the flaws you just mentioned.
I love Halak, but he almost buried us before the game was even 5 minutes old. It was obvious his head wasn't in the game. In the first he turned the puck over dangerously 3 times, gave up a weak goal, and didn't even react to a weak side wrist shot that fortunately hit the cross bar. He recovered beautifully, but he was only one of many reasons we won. Having Hammer and Gorges play a beautiful game clearing the front of the net, and having Markov rendering the Sedin line invisible (seriously, 1 scoring chance all game from the 3 of them) is just as big a reason we won. Then there was of course the secondary scoring. Granted I'm pretty sure Halak shouldn't count on that in the future, but we played the perfect game defensively against a very tough team to defend.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
Wow. Halak played great. This game should have been 7-3 Canucks. WHY do you guys want to trade him again?
He is no chick magnet and price as a bigger... Jackstrap.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote