HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Excellent piece -MAG (Price's reaction to Markov and trade rumors)

Old
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Oh thats right, if a goal is scored on Price it must have been a "perfect shot" and thus unstoppable.
Who said that? I hate when people does this. Always going to the extreme to make other look bad.

No, all shots against Price are not perfect shot. Goals he give up are not all floaters either. Do you understand?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Where did Gainey openly say he was shopping Halak? That was a rumor in the media supposedly heard from Boivin.

Also, as GM Gainey has to look past who is the best goalie this year to which goalie can best help the team win a Stanley Cup. Winning a cup requires a star goalie unless you can draft 1st or 2nd for 4-5 years like Pittsburgh or Chicago(and I doubt the Habs want to go down that road).

I'm a big fan of Price but I can see his strengths and weaknesses, one of the reasons I am a big fan is his ability to dominate games like few goalies have. However, being only 22, he still needs to get stronger mentally and be more consistant in his focus. Those things are no different than what Luongo Fleury and co went through.

Q. "... Where did Gainey openly say he was shopping Halak? That was a rumor in the media supposedly heard from Boivin..."

A."... Gainey also made it clear that the Flyers were not the only team he contacted in an effort to trade Halak.
'I took this step because it is Jaroslav's wish to have his chance to play,' Gainey told ruefrontenac.com. 'He feels ready to play a more important part.' ...
"

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=302443

"... I am the one who called the Flyers and mentioned that I may have an available goalie..." - Gainey

Question: did you offer Halak to other teams?

"... Yes. I did it because Halak deserves a chance..." - Gainey

Source: http://ruefrontenac.com/bertrandraym...e-gainey-halak

--------------------

That's why I wrote: "... And yes I thought it was weird, really weird, when Gainey flooded the air with his thoroughbred crap and openly declared a few weeks ago that Halak was on the market. I blame Gainey here; not 22 years old Price...".

Carey Price, you don't have to convince me: I also consider 22 years old Price (skills set, perfect size...) as a very gifted goalie full of potential. The only difference between you and me, on this particular topic, is that I also consider Halak as a very gifted and young goalie with untapped potential.

For the good of Price (in Montreal or elsewhere), Halak (in Montreal or elsewhere) and this team (a strong starter no matter what happens plus a good return for the runner-up), this organization should let those two very gifted goalies fight for TOI. Luckily for us, it's the path Martin decided to take.

Cheers!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Who said that? I hate when people does this. Always going to the extreme to make other look bad.

No, all shots against Price are not perfect shot. Goals he give up are not all floaters either. Do you understand?
ya this whole over reaction batman way of doing things on HF is just stupid...floater per game was the prob with OSM's statements...there was a stretch of prob 3-5 games where he would give up a weak goal per game...but besides the every odd weak one (which occurs no where NEAR one per game) he has been solid and amazing at times and weak at others...this is peoples problem here...

they are so out to get certain players where they insult other posters who try to think rationally by saying they pray to a statue 10 times before a game? what the **** kinda two year old statement is that?

Price has had bad games and terra bad games but more often than not had he gotten even ONE goal more... he wouldve been on the winning end or taken it to OT....FFS he went something in Dec like 8 games played with like 17 Goals for by MTL (off top of head...thats just pathetic goal support)

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Perrah

Quote:

Dont be rational now, he will have none of that you fan boy .

Last edited by Perrah: 02-02-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:21 PM
TankEller*

Price just fart! Let's write an article on this!

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 06:18 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Did I say they were? To claim every goal is unstoppable is ridiculous, I said he usually gives up a floater a game, and more often than not that is very true.

Don't be a hypocrite and read BEFORE you barge into a conversation.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:27 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yeah the Fans/Media are making him miss floaters for how many years now?

When do people stop blaming these straw men and realize the real problems?

Whenever something goes wrong with the team and fans complain you can almost hear the chattering mouths marching in with the usual "OMG the fans complaints caused the team to screw up. If we all just sat around with our thumb up our ***** and pretended everything was amazing than everything WOULD be amazing right?"

Prices problems stem from his talent and mindset, people writing on a random god damn forum or complaining in the street has NOTHING to do with anything.
Will you ever come out with something that actually makes sense?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote