HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Mid-Season Prospect Rankings [#2]

View Poll Results: #2 Red Wings Prospect
(F) Joakim Andersson 0 0%
(F) Cory Emmerton 0 0%
(F) Landon Ferraro 5 9.62%
(F) Jan Mursak 7 13.46%
(F) Gustav Nyquist 5 9.62%
(F) Mattias Ritola 1 1.92%
(D) Jakub Kindl 25 48.08%
(D) Brendan Smith 9 17.31%
(G) Daniel Larsson 0 0%
(G) Thomas McCollum 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-02-2010, 08:53 PM
heyfolks

vCash: 500
On RWC some were comparing him to those players.

Howard - Just hit the Holland on Howard thread. I knew this kid was a solid netminder. Wing fans just like to pile on goalies.

Quincey - Was a big supporter of Q. Shocked they kept him over Meech, Chelios and Lebda. Shocked.

Ericsson - Again see Howard thread for a comment on Big Rig. I like the guy, but his play now typified the mistakes he made in GR. I still like him,but those who thought he was the next great find and a top pairing guy, were stretching it. I think he will develop into a fairly reliable #4, still great for a last pick.

Watching Kindl - Justin.tv is great! I see 1 game/week.

Kindl was placed on the prospect hit list after that -34 rookie AHL campaign. No one will step up and say that Grif team was a disaster. I will. That team blew and, lets be candid, the Grifs have been no better than average in one of his years in the system. He came to N. America as a teenager to learn the craft. I applaud the guy. The Wings challenge their young players in a grueling minor league way. Some hold up, some do not. I always thought Howard fought his way through the system. Quincey did the same thing. Ericsson really coasted his last year in the AHL. Not a good sing, but he waswaiting on Detroit. I don't see Kindl doign that, but he can't afford to as he is not the designated golden child.

Born February 10, 1987 in the Chech Rep. The kid went to Kitchener in 04. that taks some guts. If you doubt it look up Ryno and grab your hat trick and run Axelsson.

From RWC
Quote:
AWARDS
  • 2005-06 OHL Defenseman of the Month (November)
  • 2006-07 The Hockey News Future Watch (NHL's 25th-best prospect)
  • 2006-07 OHL outstanding defenceman award runner-up (17 voting points behind Marc Staal)
  • 2007-08 The Hockey News Future Watch (NHL's 36th-best prospect)
  • 2008-09 The Hockey News Future Watch (NHL's 47th-best prospect)
  • 2008-09 AHL PlanetUSA All-Star Team
It seems all but some of the Wing fanatics rate the guy highly. He will suck at times next season and, like Ozzie, get 5 page negative threads. He, like Ozzie, will hear the cheers soon enough. I can't explain the mob mentality or what makes others immune. Ericcson, for example, is having a horrible year, yet the ngative comments are juststarting and still tempered. Many have seen Kindl only in detroit and alreay have him marked as a bust.

It ain't so, says Heyfolks.

heyfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
jacK

umm... he's running away w/ this poll. it's not all hate.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:19 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
On Mursak comparisons...

I'm not a fan of the Datsyuk comparison, either. The guy Mursak, from what little I've seen of him and from what I've read, reminds me of is Ziggy Palffy. Smallish, very fast, great at moving through traffic. He might not be the game breaker that Palffy was, but I see Mursak along those lines.
You just took me back to a happy, simpler time. Ahhh yes. Memories of youth.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Because he hated the Smith pick and to this day would rather have seen the Wings select Nick Petrecki. He's openly rooted against Smith in the past (which he now denies), in the hopes that he would fail so he could say he was right about Petrecki.
As you and your cronies see it. The entire reason, which I explained before, was that Detroit had a chance to take widely regarded the best player available which was Petrecki and he also fills a need. Detroit needs more physical defensive defencemen. Almost their entire defence prospect pool is made up of offensive defencemen and the only 1 in that pool that has a shot at being a top 4 is Lashoff.

BTW Jaster how's Meech and Ritola doing

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 04:00 AM
FabricDetails

Why and since when did the Redwingscentral.com's version of The View move to HF?

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote