HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Sources tell me the Canadiens/Oilers situation is coming to a head..."There are some key players involved..Edmonton Loves this deal. Montreal is waiting. We are hearing the Canadiens also received the best offer yet for one of their goalies, but in doing this deal the Habs would be setting themselves up for an issue with their backup. However, down the line they would be far, far better off were they to make this deal."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...alchuk/1/25981
Really would not hold my breath. Remember the habs and oilers deal that woke him up in the middle of the night and was suppose to happen really soon? What happened to that? I don`t want us trading any goalie right now. They`re the only thing right with this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
if it is true I think I'd like a big center or top 4 defenseman who is YOUNG for either it Carey or Jaro, We need to find a way to pull something similar to a phaneuf trade
I don`t know who edmonton has that would fit those two molds you described. I don`t think they have a big center in their team right now or in their system. As for young top4, they have guys like Gilbert and Grebeshkov. Gilbert is the closest to the Phaneuf mold offensively.

Old
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Really would not hold my breath. Remember the habs and oilers deal that woke him up in the middle of the night and was suppose to happen really soon? What happened to that? I don`t want us trading any goalie right now. They`re the only thing right with this team.

I don`t know who edmonton has that would fit those two molds you described. I don`t think they have a big center in their team right now or in their system. As for young top4, they have guys like Gilbert and Grebeshkov. Gilbert is the closest to the Phaneuf mold offensively.
Pouliot and pleky say hi ! Pouliot 13 pts in 19 games is execellent.

Old
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
Pouliot and pleky say hi ! Pouliot 13 pts in 19 games is execellent.
And I wouldn't move either. Basically, we have nothing really valuable to give that I would want to part with so I hope we don't make any trades just to shake things up like Calgary is doing. If we can get a guy like Jack Johnson, I seriously hope it doesn't damage our future.

Old
02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
JackZap

id like the Habs to take a chance on Mueller

Old
02-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
id like the Habs to take a chance on Mueller
As would I. Mara, D'agostini, and Pick for Mueller?

Old
02-03-2010, 09:45 AM
habsrock76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
As would I. Mara, D'agostini, and Pick for Mueller?
According to Pierre McGuire on the Team 1200 (Ottawa) a couple of days ago, Mueller is having issues with even wanting to play hockey anymore (burnt out), which is why Phoenix is trying to unload him.

I wouldnt want to go anywhere near that problem.

But in hindsight you could probably get him for nothing; and playing in front 21,000 fans every night might inspire him to get him playing to his potential again.

Last edited by habsrock76: 02-03-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Aside from Edmonton's first (overall pick) only Brule or Penner are of interest in Edmonton.
I can guarantee Edmonton wants Price and Sergei Kostitsyn....

Despite all you haters Price will be the btter goalie in the FUTURE when compared to Halak. Price, Montreal's first, Sergei Kostitsyn for Brule and Edmonton's first
I think that return is awful. Bob would be castrated on the public place for taking an offer like that. Price alone is worth Brule & Edmonton's first.

Old
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Aside from Edmonton's first (overall pick) only Brule or Penner are of interest in Edmonton.

Despite all you haters Price will be the btter goalie in the FUTURE when compared to Halak. Price, Montreal's first, Sergei Kostitsyn for Brule and Edmonton's first
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I think that return is awful. Bob would be castrated on the public place for taking an offer like that. Price alone is worth Brule & Edmonton's first.
reading comprehension...

he didnt make any proposal

1st pick > Price
Brule 1stpick >> Price

Old
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
reading comprehension...

he didnt make any proposal

1st pick > Price
Brule 1stpick >> Price
I disagree, I'm all for trading Price, not for just a 1st, and Brule is just a throw-in we don't need.

Old
02-03-2010, 10:31 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
I disagree, I'm all for trading Price, not for just a 1st, and Brule is just a throw-in we don't need.
were talking about 1st pick overall

Brule isnt a throw in

he's been good this year

Old
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not that I'm looking to trade Price. But in fairness, the Oiler's 1st could end up being a 1st overall pick. That IMO would be hard to say no too.

Old
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
were talking about 1st pick overall

Brule isnt a throw in

he's been good this year
Seriously though. He just turned 23, already has over 200 NHL games under his belt, and is already posting an over 0.5 PPG season on the worst team in the league. Don't think he's the type of player Montreal should target, necessarily, but definitely not a "throw in".

Old
02-03-2010, 10:49 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Not that I'm looking to trade Price. But in fairness, the Oiler's 1st could end up being a 1st overall pick. That IMO would be hard to say no too.
Do you think you could get a goalie of Price's caliber with that first? If not than I don't think it's worth it, regardless of what kind of first it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Seriously though. He just turned 23, already has over 200 NHL games under his belt, and is already posting an over 0.5 PPG season on the worst team in the league. Don't think he's the type of player Montreal should target, necessarily, but definitely not a "throw in".
And we need him because??? We have many similar players on the roster right now. I don't see what Brule brings to the team without actually dumping one of the similar player and Sergei isn't the same kind of player at all. When AK & Cama comes back you play Brule on the third line with Lapierre, seriously?

Old
02-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Do you think you could get a goalie of Price's caliber with that first? If not than I don't think it's worth it, regardless of what kind of first it is.
No, which is why I would hesitate making the move. It does give us a good chance to grab a potential star forward/defenseman though. Which is why for me, it wouldn't be an easy decision.

Old
02-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Nedved

Quote:

i think i would do this. i wonder if the oilers would though. i mean, is price worth hall fowler or seguin? i dont know if this could even get done without brule.

Old
02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Frankenheimer

Edmonton's first is the biggest prize in the NHL right now, no question. If we can get that pick in any package deal, including Halak or Price, I think we would be foolish not to pull the trigger. We end up with a top goalie (Price or Halak) and a future star forward. The only way to pry that pick loose is with Price, there's no doubt about that.

Old
02-03-2010, 11:16 AM
durojean

what about

oilers 1st Brulé
for
montreal 1st Price Plekanec

Old
02-03-2010, 11:18 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Why do we have to trade Price or our first?

We could either move for a solid Center like Jordan Staal or Jeff Carter at the expense of Plekanec+ or we could dump off Hamrlik/Spacek for some cap space or we could get some solid bangers for the 3rd/4th line players like Moreau and Artuykhin.

Old
Gary320

Why would the Oilers give up the 1st. Unless you've got Vincent Lecavalier, there is no way that Oilers would be stupid enough to give up their first pick.

Old
HomaridII

Just so you guys know ... There is a transcript on TSN with Dreger where he says there is nothing going on in Montreal now in terms of trades and that GMs around the NHL are very curious about what Gainey will do with the Habs at trade deadline day, specifically with Plekanec.

Old
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Just so you guys know ... There is a transcript on TSN with Dreger where he says there is nothing going on in Montreal now in terms of trades and that GMs around the NHL are very curious about what Gainey will do with the Habs at trade deadline day, specifically with Plekanec.
Considering where we are in the standings that makes a lot more sense

But this the Eklund thread, you are not allowed to make sense in here and specially using sources other than Eklund. jk

Old
02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
And we need him because??? We have many similar players on the roster right now. I don't see what Brule brings to the team without actually dumping one of the similar player and Sergei isn't the same kind of player at all. When AK & Cama comes back you play Brule on the third line with Lapierre, seriously?
Any reason you replied to my post? Because it has nothing to do with anything I said.

Old
02-03-2010, 12:05 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
We're talking about the first or second overall here... I'd pull the trigger in a microsecond if I were Bob.

Old
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
We're talking about the first or second overall here... I'd pull the trigger in a microsecond if I were Bob.
Can Hall or Seguin stop pucks in the net?

I don't think it matters whether it's 1st or 2nd overall. If this trade means giving up assets we can't possibly replace then I don't think Gainey should pull that trigger, unless he gets a decent backup goalie in return or if there's another move for a goalie in the works. Otherwise we're down to Halak + Desjardins in nets. That means we are tanking and couldn't care less about 1st or 2nd overall since we'd get a pretty good pick to begin with.

Old
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Can Hall or Seguin stop pucks in the net?

I don't think it matters whether it's 1st or 2nd overall. If this trade means giving up assets we can't possibly replace then I don't think Gainey should pull that trigger, unless he gets a decent backup goalie in return or if there's another move for a goalie in the works. Otherwise we're down to Halak + Desjardins in nets. That means we are tanking and couldn't care less about 1st or 2nd overall since we'd get a pretty good pick to begin with.
Well, that's an educated assessment. What if trading Price brings in a player we couldn't otherwise acquire? Hopefully you see that it works both ways (meaning swapping a player you don't think we can replace for a player I don't think we could otherwise acquire, or vice versa).

Anyway, I don't think Gainey should try to trade Price (or Halak), and we already have at least 3 threads talking about this point anyways. This thread is already developing as we all knew it would, with very little discussion of actual Eklund rumours.

Closed Thread