HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Craig71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Not that I'm looking to trade Price. But in fairness, the Oiler's 1st could end up being a 1st overall pick. That IMO would be hard to say no too.
I like Price and Halak, but would trade either for a chance to get Taylor Hall. We will have to wait till the deadline in March though. I think it is better to be loaded up with offensive talent on the top 2 lines than to rely on a stellar goaltending performance every night.

Old
02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I like Price and Halak, but would trade either for a chance to get Taylor Hall. We will have to wait till the deadline in March though. I think it is better to be loaded up with offensive talent on the top 2 lines than to rely on a stellar goaltending performance every night.
I probably would too Craig. But for me it wouldn't be an easy decision. It would be nice to have a Hall or Seguin in our top 6 though.

Old
02-03-2010, 01:34 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Can Hall or Seguin stop pucks in the net?

I don't think it matters whether it's 1st or 2nd overall. If this trade means giving up assets we can't possibly replace then I don't think Gainey should pull that trigger, unless he gets a decent backup goalie in return or if there's another move for a goalie in the works. Otherwise we're down to Halak + Desjardins in nets. That means we are tanking and couldn't care less about 1st or 2nd overall since we'd get a pretty good pick to begin with.
Thats like refusing to exchange your car for a house because the house can't move you around... Sure Seguin won't play in net but he's worth a HELL OF A LOT more than Price just because of supply and demand.

Players of Hall or Seguin's quality are a rare commodity, starting goaltenders are not. We can easily find a decent backup for Halak, who is a good goalie himself. Have you noticed we always have good goalies but have been searching for a mythical star forward for decades?

Huet was worth a 2nd rounder at the trade deadline and wouldn't be that much of a downgrade over Price or even Halak. Is the downgrade between a Huet and a Price worth more than the friggin' first overall pick?

Old
02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Thats like refusing to exchange your car for a house because the house can't move you around... Sure Seguin won't play in net but he's worth a HELL OF A LOT more than Price just because of supply and demand.

Players of Hall or Seguin's quality are a rare commodity, starting goaltenders are not. We can easily find a decent backup for Halak, who is a good goalie himself. Have you noticed we always have good goalies but have been searching for a mythical star forward for decades?
Yeah ok bad comparison on my part. However I think supply and demand is in favor of goalies here not forwards. Sure we can always start arguing about whether if Seguin and Hall are future top-30 scorers and I wouldn't know, but I think there's a lot more decent scorers in this league than #1 goalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Huet was worth a 2nd rounder at the trade deadline and wouldn't be that much of a downgrade over Price or even Halak. Is the downgrade between a Huet and a Price worth more than the friggin' first overall pick?
Except Huet was 32, impending UFA with a cap hit of 2.245 when we traded him, not 22 with a tiny cap hit for years to come. That makes a big difference

Edit: Besides what would be the difference between say the 1st or 2nd of this year with the 5th or 6th? I think this is the kind of pick we'll get if we trade Price and don't get any decent backup in the process. I mean just take the Cammalleri injury into context and we're most probably heading towards a top-10 pick imho.

Old
02-03-2010, 02:26 PM
RE-HABS

From our good friend Eklund;

Is Price on the way out? "Quite possibly," a source added... Amazing as it sounds, Jaro Halak has won the spot in many minds. Do you remember when I put out a rumor a few months back saying the Habs had a deal Habs fans would love, but Price would have to be sent away? (ah, the memories...great times...the hate...so much wonderful hate) Well the deal is...still available, however, the names are different. In the original deal Montreal would have received a serious #1 goalie in return. While I can't say the name of the team, Montreal now is getting their #2. but a much better top 6 forward...(and a serious prospect who will be adored in that city)

Everyone add their 2 cents in who they would think this is, not saying it is real, but if it was everyone speculate and say who.

GO!

Old
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Do you think you could get a goalie of Price's caliber with that first? If not than I don't think it's worth it, regardless of what kind of first it is.
You gotta make that deal if it's presented to the Habs.You go with Halak who is just 2 years older then Price and just as good.Anyways believe me the Oilers wouldn't make that move and would rather draft Hall

Old
02-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Is Price on the way out? "Quite possibly," a source added... Amazing as it sounds, Jaro Halak has won the spot in many minds. Do you remember when I put out a rumor a few months back saying the Habs had a deal Habs fans would love, but Price would have to be sent away? (ah, the memories...great times...the hate...so much wonderful hate) Well the deal is...still available, however, the names are different. In the original deal Montreal would have received a serious #1 goalie in return. While I can't say the name of the team, Montreal now is getting their #2. but a much better top 6 forward...(and a serious prospect who will be adored in that city)

Everyone add their 2 cents in who they would think this is, not saying it is real, but if it was everyone speculate and say who.

GO!
Why can't he say the name of the team? Anyway, there's not enough information there but I think we can eliminate all the teams with number ones that are already of equal or better value than Price, or just not likely to be traded: luongo, brodeur, miller, etc. I would also think it unlikely he will remain in the eastern conference, and definitely not in our division. That would eliminate at least 15 or so teams:

Vancouver
NJ
Rangers
Pitt
SJ
Cal
Buffalo
Boston
Ottawa
Toronto
Washington
Colorado
Phoenix
Anaheim

I would rule the above teams out. Maybe St-Louis?

Old
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Habs

Quote:

GO!
Washington, for Theo and Fehr.

Old
02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
done!!!!

Old
02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Go Habs Go

Edmonton - Deslaurier (the 2nd), Brule (the prospect adored by the city), ? (top 6 forward)

Old
02-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Edmonton - Deslaurier (the 2nd), Brule (the prospect adored by the city), ? (top 6 forward)
You read my mind, I'm going to say the top 6 forward is "cringes" Cogliano.

Old
02-03-2010, 02:54 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Would Brule be considered a prospect anymore?

I'm think a French Canadian player is the prospect that would be loved. The players that came to mind right away were Giroux and Perron, but I'm sure niether of them are coming and I'm sure the original deal wouldn't have included Emery and Mason, plus I don't think Montreal wants Boucher or Conklin as the back ups...but with a return like Giroux and another player/prospect I would be for it, but that would be a potential nightmare ala Leclair and Desjardins to the Flyers...

Old
02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
prairie hab

It originally was Khabibuhlin.

Now it is Deslauriers, Penner, and Eberle

for

Price, and a few extra parts (maybe Dags)

That is my guess

Old
02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
You read my mind, I'm going to say the top 6 forward is "cringes" Cogliano.
Cog's is younger than Brule, so he would be the prospect.

Old
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Cog's is younger than Brule, so he would be the prospect.
Oh I know, but this is Eklund we're talking about. He probably doesn't realize that Brule is not considered a prospect anymore.

Old
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post

for

That is my guess
That could be robbery on our part.

Old
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
But Ek said in the original deal Montreal would have received a serious #1 goalie in return..Does Washington even have a serious #1 goalie?

I wouldn't have a clue as to what he is hinting at with this one but it's safe to say the serious prospect is most likely a Quebec born player..

Old
02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
DougHarvey

How about Perron , Pieterangelo and Jake Allen ?

Old
02-03-2010, 03:05 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post

for

That is my guess
Even if he is having a good season, I'm not sold on Penner.

But I wouldn't be surprised if such a deal was on the table from the Oilers... and I don't know how I feel about it...

Old
02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
SAKS AVENUE

To Atlanta

Carey Price

Roman Hamrlik

Andrei Kostitsyn

Montreal's 1st round pick

To Montreal

Ilya Kovalchuk

Guillaume Desbien

Johan Hedberg

Old
RE-HABS

I'm going to say;

Hartnell - Top Six
Boucher - #2 goalie
Giroux - Top Prospect Montreal will love

for

Price - #1 Goalie
Pacioretty - prospect
Gill - Dman

Old
HomaridII

How about to Chicago? For Niemi + Sharp + a Prospect?

Old
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
Where do I sign?

I doubt that the serious number one goalie was Chris Mason at the begining anyway...

Old
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
I'm going to say;

Hartnell - Top Six
Boucher - #2 goalie
Giroux - Top Prospect Montreal will love

for

Price - #1 Goalie
Pacioretty - prospect
Gill - Dman
Pass...

I wouldn't trade Price for Giroux, Pacioretty for Hartnell and Gill for Boucher... so I sure wouldn't trade them all together for that package!

Old
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
That is a good offer, but I am not sure he would be loved as much as a Giroux would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Even if he is having a good season, I'm not sold on Penner.

But I wouldn't be surprised if such a deal was on the table from the Oilers... and I don't know how I feel about it...
I can't see a Edmonton trade, Montreal wouldn't have taken on Bulin's salary or contract length.

Closed Thread